PDA

View Full Version : which discs?

nsxselby
03-06-2007, 02:07 PM
I am tring to find some discs for my 99 nsx-t and think i am going to use black dimond discs!! .

i have a few options and dont really know what the best option is

i have a choice of cross drilled or grooved/drilled or just grooved,

then a choice of depth 28 or 22 then a choice of width 26 or 19

It feels like a maths exam all i want is some discs can anyone steer me in the right direction ?

TheSebringOne
03-06-2007, 02:13 PM
Sorry, but are you changing all fours? Are you not replacing your OEMs with same disc size diameter and material thickness? Finally, where are you getting your Black Diamonds discs from? I'm going to change my soon, but will probably get em from SOS in the US as part of group buy hopefully. These will be direct replacement & not performance upgrades :)

nsxselby
03-06-2007, 02:22 PM
I am going to replace the front two first and the pads i think mine are warped and iam of to the ring next month so i want to get them done fairly quick there are a few sites that are offering a pair of discs for around the £180 mark so i am thinking of geting a bit better performance for not silly money what do you think?

Senninha
03-06-2007, 08:17 PM
Have a look here as some of the guys here are using these and very pleased.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83746

The 2 part offer the advantage of replacing just the outer once you've been round the 'ring a few times ;)

HTH

reg
04-06-2007, 08:16 PM
I am going to replace the front two first and the pads i think mine are warped and iam of to the ring next month so i want to get them done fairly quick there are a few sites that are offering a pair of discs for around the £180 mark so i am thinking of geting a bit better performance for not silly money what do you think?

My .02 Go for the one piece Racing Brake rotors from SOS, they can get them here pretty quickly. Hawk pads I have found are v.good and would go for HP+ over HPS.

TheSebringOne
04-06-2007, 11:57 PM
I assume these are the direct replacements for OEMs? When you get them from SOS, please let me know (via pm?) how much they cost, how long they take to arrive after ordering them and cost of shipping as I will be getting some too in the near future. Thanks alot :):rolleyes:

AR
08-06-2007, 10:34 AM
The one thing I would advice is to make sure that you are going to be happy with the extra noise and dust from non OEM pads. At first it seems like a no brainer, but if you don't track the car or do much spirited driving the benefits far outweight the results IMHO.

Unless you like cleaning wheels! :)

Cheers,

AR

reg
08-06-2007, 11:15 AM
From my experience HP+ dust more the standard but aren't very noisy at all. I am sure if the backs of them were installed dry and no shims were used anywhere then they would squeal a bit. It also depends on how difficult the dust is to clean off. The Hawk compound seems to produce very fine dust which comes off easily (almost with a hose on its own). The EBC's I had on a previous car had 'bed in' material which was like glue to get off even left residue the side of car.

If you aren't finding any limitations with the stock set-up stick with it there is nothing wrong with stock pads as AR has said and they will be more friendly to the discs and wont dust badly.