PDA

View Full Version : tcs /abs lights are on

nsxselby
03-06-2007, 07:49 AM
I have noticed that my abs light is on all the time and that my tcs light comes on after about 30 seconds of starting the car does anyone have any ideas as to what it could be

reg
03-06-2007, 08:15 AM
I have noticed that my abs light is on all the time and that my tcs light comes on after about 30 seconds of starting the car does anyone have any ideas as to what it could be

Wheel speed sensor?

Try this from Prime

Under the dash on the glove box side is a small blue plug. just off the floor/firewall. The plug secures to something up there, but doesn't lead anywhere else.

Pull it down. With the car off insert the paperclip into each side of the plug.
Turn the car to on, and count the blinks of the check engine light.
If the code is two digits it should flash at a different pace for the first digit and then the second. To be sure, turn the car off and on a couple times til your confident you have the right code.

Also http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/DIY/troubleshooting_tcs.htm

HTH

kevinpsw
03-06-2007, 08:47 AM
I had exactly the same except the two came on together after driving a very short distance, I think until I first used the brakes. The fault was a blown brake light bulb as, somehow, the test mechanisms for the ABS and TCS use the brake light circuit.

Check your brake light bulbs.

TheSebringOne
03-06-2007, 02:07 PM
On the subject of brake bulbs, mines gone as DTM pointed to me at Fest, are they standard bulbs you can get from Halfords or special ones from HUK? Do they have a code like H something? Cheers :rolleyes:

britlude
03-06-2007, 02:18 PM
normal, everyday, ordinary bulbs!

find the blue connector, in the passenger footwell, in font of the fusebox, under the top of the carpet. link the 2 wires, switch on the ignition, and count the long and short flashes (the flashing sequence repeats itself if you are not sure!), and report back!

alternatively pull out the clock and ABS fuses for 10 seconds to reset the system, and see it if happens again.

nsxselby
03-06-2007, 02:55 PM
i have just taken the abs fuses out and put them back in and both lights have gone out so i am hoping its fixed regards rob

britlude
03-06-2007, 08:30 PM
like most computers they get occasional glitches! at least it's not 'windows' based!!!

Anyway, the first line in all the fault finding pages in the NSX manual says pull the fuses, put them back after 10 seconds, start the engine, and see if the problem is still there after they are replaced...

fingers crossed it's just a glitch!

nsxselby
04-06-2007, 12:52 PM
i went to work this morning and the lights came on i will try the other stuff you said,

Minch
04-06-2007, 01:28 PM
Hmmm, ever since my NSX went into Chiswick Honda to get the ABS Modulator tested mine has done exactly the same thing. I just assumed it was something to do with the ABS Modulator deciding it was time to die!