PDA

View Full Version : NSX R and TreVoRs

Silver Surfer
31-05-2007, 09:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoI7IkrrQDU

SS

TheSebringOne
31-05-2007, 11:50 PM
Those TVRs stayed out longer than I gave them credit for, before the R inevitably passed em all ! Not surprised the oldest model Cerbera came last, followed by the Tuscan, then the Tamora as alot of test states its the most polish soft top TVR. Would liked to see how much longer it had taken to overtake a Sagaris?! But makes no difference at all as the R is far superior to any TVR! :D

forumadmin
01-06-2007, 08:12 AM
Of course, if you ever show or discuss this video to a TVR owner, they will say that either the drivers don't know how to drive a TVR, or the NSX was tweaked in some way.

They just won't understand, power is nothing with control.

TheQuietOne
01-06-2007, 09:13 AM
Of course, if you ever show or discuss this video to a TVR owner, they will say that either the drivers don't know how to drive a TVR, or the NSX was tweaked in some way.

They just won't understand, power is nothing without control.

Surely....:D

bazza
01-06-2007, 11:13 AM

They just won't understand, power is nothing with control.

Funny you say that.
I've had numerous people mention the video and call it a staged race as most TVR's will piss on an NSX on paper. Its got tons of power :roll:

But BHP figures mean nothing. TVR breaks traction far too easily and this may be fun (for about 30 seconds) but will never result in fast lap times.

TVR's do absolutely nothing for me....

Minch
01-06-2007, 11:19 AM
Hmmm . . . I will always side with Honda's far superior engineering ability but you have to admire just how fast and fun the TVR's are. Back in 1998 my dad had a TVR Cerbera 4.2 and I must say, aside from both of our bikes at the time, it was simply astoundingly fast! Awesome pace!!!

TheSebringOne
01-06-2007, 12:17 PM
I have to say I would never buy one, but you can' get more bang for your bucks at the expense of a wagging tail! I do admire some of the vision & styling cues. Sad that the dodgy Russian re-brought the brand after going into liquidation/receivership and shame for the British car industry or no industry. My neighbour had a BRG 4.2 Cerb, it had lovely gurgle in the morning, but quiet on back of a tow truck later on !! :D

Minch
01-06-2007, 02:19 PM
Yes, its a shame that a similar thing didn't happen to TVR in the way Lamborghini were bought out by Audi. They are very pretty cars. The Cerbera was just awesome to look at in its day and still looks pretty mean now!

reg
01-06-2007, 02:44 PM
Hmmm . . . I will always side with Honda's far superior engineering ability but you have to admire just how fast and fun the TVR's are. Back in 1998 my dad had a TVR Cerbera 4.2 and I must say, aside from both of our bikes at the time, it was simply astoundingly fast! Awesome pace!!!

In my stupid times riding on the road I had a bit of go at a TVR Cerbera. It was f.loud and I am guessing was a rose? Anyway on a stock '97 fireblade after 0-100 the car was pulling the bike back in. 140-150 I was surprised to find the car looming large behind me:eek: Not to say that the average very quick car wouldn't do the same but people who buy them use them which you dont find with Ferrari's and any Porsche without a cage;)

Different story once we finally ran out of straight roads but it left a lasting impression for sure.

gsuds
01-06-2007, 04:15 PM
I like 'em.

Like the noise and utter nonsense value.

5.0 Chimaera will wag its tail changing up to 3rd. On a straight. (Wet, though.) Only other car I've done that in was a '66 289 Mustang.

Have a penchant for flaky unreliable machinery though. Happily my NSX seems to be the only one in the club joing my Land rover 109 V8 in the reliabilty / piddling oil onto driveway stakes.

G

gumball
01-06-2007, 05:17 PM
I hate, hate hate tvr's, crappy kitcars held together with bluetack, driven by monkeys.

Silver Surfer
01-06-2007, 08:23 PM
For your info, I got the vid from the Pistonheads TVR site. ;)

Many diehard TVR posters swear that the race was fixed and the Tamora lost the race because its clutch peddle broke.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&t=366003&hw=nsx

SS :laugh: :laugh:

Carl-1969
01-06-2007, 09:29 PM
Many diehard TVR posters swear that the race was fixed and the Tamora lost the race because its clutch peddle broke.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&t=366003&hw=nsx

SS :laugh: :laugh:

I love the way that car owners will defend the brand they own to the death. :laugh:

The NSX-R in that vid was a master of finesse and grace during that battle. The TVR's may well have the grunt to play with but they can only play in the dry and in a straight line.;)