PDA

View Full Version : Insurance!

forumadmin
30-05-2007, 10:04 AM
Yeah I know what you're all thinking, another insurance thread!

But wait, this one's different.:)

I have got my renewal from LV, who I have been with for years. It was £700, up from the usual £600 (approx).

I have just spoken to AON, for a classic policy. 5000 mile a year limit, agreed value of 20k, AND track day cover......£432!! All my mods are included too. I also had a claim two years ago, and an SP30 5 years ago.

Now here's the bit you're interested in. I have also talked to them about setting up a club scheme.

It basically comes down to; you need to be over 30. You will also need a membership number for the NSXCB. For agreed values you will also need a valuation from someone independant or the club.

I will be able to issue you with a membership number for the NSXCB.

For this, you will be able to receive a 10% discount on the policy.

I will be getting more details shortly and post them up when I do.

Lankstarr
30-05-2007, 10:07 AM
you old gits get all the discounts:angry:

Can you work on a spring chicken discount please Kevin:laugh:

That's a good quote, maybe worth taking off that video you just posted as they might change their minds if they see that:eek: ;)

L*

forumadmin
30-05-2007, 10:12 AM
you old gits get all the discounts:angry:

That's a good quote, maybe worth taking off that video you just posted as they might change their minds if they see that:eek: ;)

L*

Yeah well, thanks for telling everyone it was me!

For the track cover they also want me to provide evidence of experience. So I need to show them that I have done them before and where. Also they limit what tracks are covered. I'm guessing it will be limited to the bigger, safer tracks.

Senninha
30-05-2007, 10:21 AM
Also they limit what tracks are covered. I'm guessing it will be limited to the bigger, safer tracks.

Forumadmin,

My current policy offers 4 track days but they have to be recognised by the ins co and fully marshalled with associated track safety facilities.

For other track events, ie the recent Japfest (that I couldn't do for db reasons :() I can opt for 10% of agreed value as the excess for the day.

I shall certaintly be looking at this new option next spring, thanks for sourcing.

As an alternative for valuations I used my HPI report which was very favourable and only cost a few ££ on line. This would remove any potential liability on you or the club

regards, Paul

dan the man
30-05-2007, 11:22 AM
Thats unfair im 26 :(

reg
30-05-2007, 12:14 PM
yo

L*

Do you know some then Luke? :laugh:

indi pearl
30-05-2007, 01:37 PM
Paul,as per my thread of last week I to am renewing with AON with effect from the 18th June.The application does ask for a club member number so would be very gratefull if you could supply.
As per the need for an independant valuation I am off to Alan Day Honda in Southampton who have offered to do it after my local Main Dealer, Horizon said it "was'nt Company Policy" !!Will be even easier when the club can provide the valuation since the combined experience of the members must surly be more accurate than the dealers. Many thank's......John

Lankstarr
30-05-2007, 02:16 PM
Do you know some then Luke? :laugh:

shut up you old git :angry: You're so old and safe they pay you to have your car insured with them:laugh: or maybe they put it on for free with the other car you have insured;)

I think that insurers probably have a comprehansive list of any accidents at a certain number of recognised tracks as well as access to lists of cars on track days. Any insurer taking on track insurance would be sure to want to minimise their risks by checking up on you as much as possible as track driving is x10 more risky than road driving (on average).

Maybe if they see you have been on 10 - 20 track days and do not appear on any black lists that you are a safe(r) bet. Many track accidents will not have gone through insurers so it is another way that they can check your driving history.

Or maybe I'm just full of bs, who knows!?

L*

WhyOne?
30-05-2007, 02:23 PM
Does a car have to be of a certain age before it becomes eligible for a 'classic' policy??

Senninha
30-05-2007, 02:32 PM
Or maybe I'm just full of bs, who knows!?L*

Not b/s buddy, just resonating eardrums :laugh:

Does a car have to be of a certain age before it becomes eligible for a 'classic' policy??

Ian, I think most ins co's classify classic from 10 yrs onwards.

regards, Paul

reg
30-05-2007, 02:41 PM
Not b/s buddy, just resonating eardrums :laugh:

Some say the noise comes from hell itself and rabbits explode as he passes.:eek:

All we know is he is called Luke.:laugh:

markc
30-05-2007, 07:14 PM
Hi Forumadmin,

What's the AON club scheme's view on imports and modifications?

I've got the former, have a couple of the latter.

Mark

NSXGB
30-05-2007, 07:29 PM
Top man, good work. Luucky I'm just over 30. :rolleyes:

forumadmin
30-05-2007, 07:51 PM
Hi Forumadmin,

What's the AON club scheme's view on imports and modifications?

I've got the former, have a couple of the latter.

Mark

Don't know about imports. Didn't care less about the mods on my car, and its far to say I have a few more than you.:)

I'm waiting for more info from them.

indi pearl
31-05-2007, 04:20 PM
OH THE FRUSTRATION!!

AS per my earlier posts I am going to re-insure The Goddess,from the 18th June with AON Classic Car Policy.This policy not only offers exeptional value for money but allso allows you to set an "agreed value" subject only to a confirmation of your value by either a dealer or acredited car club(NOT BINDING ON THEM).
Horizon Honda in Dorset said they could not do it since Glasses Guide does not cover cars over 10 years old.Phoned Alan Day Honda (S'ton) and told "Sure bring the car over (70 mile return trip) and we will sort it out".
Took car over this PM.
A.D. "No problem, I'll check it out in Glasses Guide"
I.P. "It's not in GG, that's why I'm here as explained on Friday"
A.D. " I'll check anyway,no you are right,only goes back to 2002"
"Experion will have it's value,hang on a minute"
"No, experion do not have it becouse it's over 10 years old"
I.P. "That's why I'm here,there are no written values,i'ts subjective
individual to each car".
A.D. "We can't do anything like that becouse we are not NSX dealers
and only they could confirm a value"

This whole thing is nonsense,I can only conclude that the Dealers are unwilling to provide this type of help,either becouse there is no money in it ,or they fear some sort of "comeback".The form states clearly that the only reason for completion is to prevent an owner giving a totaly unrealistic value.I hope the Club gets the acreditation currenly being sought soon so that the Club can give it's own valuations.

Living in hope before he's driven into madness.......John.(I.P.)

Senninha
31-05-2007, 04:52 PM
John,

You have pm - hope it helps

regards, Paul