PDA

View Full Version : Sorry looking car

Kevin
17-11-2004, 08:33 PM
Well one day my worst fear came to reality. Had a small bump in the NSX. I wasn't going to post this until I knew the insurance was sorted out. Don't ask me why, just some paranoid fear.

In case you're wondering how much parts cost should this happen to you.

Bumper £1000, Wing £1500.

Assorted other bits + respray for whole side of car £5000 total.

Don't do this sort of thing on a track!

'Luckily' this was on the road. Insurance company received quote, sent an inspector to look at it, approved repair two days later. Its being fixed at Norton Way Honda, my choice of repairer.

I'm pretty happy. Liverpool Victoria is the company. Some have been suspicious about the fact they don't worry about mods, but from this experience that would appear to be unfounded.

DamianW
18-11-2004, 11:50 AM
Ouch! What happened, or is it best not to ask?

trackdemon
18-11-2004, 02:01 PM
Blimey, thats some bill for what looks like nothing more than a nasty "ding". I believe you can source panels from the states for much less than HUK will charge you?

jaytip
18-11-2004, 02:06 PM
but if the insurance is paying for it,im not sure it matters,does it?
also the side repeaters are in a different place on the US cars.i dont know if that would cause any legal problems in the UK though.and the car would look odd with different positions for the side repeaters on either side

Kevin
18-11-2004, 05:18 PM
Exactly, the insurance pays for it all. I'll drop the car in Monday, pick it up Friday. No hassle to me.

Actually as a bonus, I get an alignment done. Paint damage to the door will be fixed, and scratches in the rear wing fixed. All thanks to the insurance.

I only put the prices up as information. In a couple of years it won't take much to write an NSX off.

kowalski
18-11-2004, 08:41 PM
Snap!

mines in coopers honda garage in littlehampton having a new bumper and bonnet after an altrication with a mercedes! :?

bumper price about the same but the bonnets about 2500! all on the insurance, hopefully get it back this week.

leigh

mcibuk
19-11-2004, 06:55 PM
Bad luck - glad it wasn't something worse!

Nick Graves
19-11-2004, 08:25 PM
:cry:

If it's any consolation, NWHL did a superb job replacing the N/S door & sill of my black S2000, after an altercation with a myopic non-indicating coffin dodger.

Highly recoomended.

jaytip
20-11-2004, 03:34 AM
myopic non-indicating coffin dodger.

nicely put :D