PDA

View Full Version : Well lane Turbo Shoot out

Pande
10-11-2004, 07:27 PM
Check the rolling road shoot out at Well Lane Turbo Centre

http://forum.gtiroc.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=25676

Of the link doesnt work go to the right hand side of the screen to message board.

then scroll down to meeting/ England North

There you will see my car on the rollers at well lane turbo centre where there was a GTIR shoot out so I thought id butt in and show all the force fed beasts what normally aspirated power is..LOL

BrownBear
11-11-2004, 08:26 AM
That's great! Is that RWHP?
If so, I think we can consign the '280hp' figure (ATC) for the 3.2 to the bin.

I don't know what the typical conversion factor is - anyone?

Welshman
11-11-2004, 11:28 AM
A reasonable estimate of transmission losses would be c.15% at the least which would put BeeHaitchPee at the flywheel at c.318.

Kevin
11-11-2004, 05:18 PM
I read that NSX transmission losses are usually 12%. Also I thought power is quoted at 290 for the 3.2. Can't remember if that's ps or bhp though.

ctrlaltdelboy
11-11-2004, 09:48 PM
according to the questions I have asked about this event, and the answers provided(see thread linked to in Pande's post), those figures are estimated flywheel figures

actual 'at the wheels' figures were not provided at this event.

also, since this was a GTiR event, the test & calibration runs at the start of the day which would have been used to calculate transmission losses in order to apply the best formula to estimate the flywheel figures would have been done with a GTiR - a 4 wheel drive car with much bigger transmission losses than an NSX, so unless the dyno was recalibrated for the NSX, the estimated figure for Pande's NSX is pretty meaningless and is in fact higher due to this error than it would otherwise have been.

Pande
12-11-2004, 11:52 AM
How about you organise a power run for the nsx members if they are interested and have the equipment calibrated for the nsx. It would be nice to see what the outcome would be.

ctrlaltdelboy
12-11-2004, 12:19 PM
seems like a good idea

if anyone has any suggestions for suitable venues please post details