PDA

View Full Version : Engine warning and TCS light have come on!

lotusolly
05-11-2004, 10:01 PM
Hi all,

I have had the engine warning light and the TCS light come up on the dash! Stopped and checked and couldn't see anything obvious. Started up again and the lights reappear simaltaneously after a couple of minutes of driving. Car on way to Chiswick for investigation but has anybody else had the same occur?

Olly

NSXGB
06-11-2004, 10:23 AM
In the http://www.nsxprime.com faq, someone mentioned bad soldering on their main relay was causing a similar symptom. Might be worth a read.

qureshia
06-11-2004, 04:51 PM
Hi

I had exactly the same symptoms / problem 6 months ago.

The fix was a new air sensor in the engine, which cost just over £400 to replace. (parts and labour) I had the work done at Chiswick who were their usual helpful/ polite selves however the part took 5 days to arrive.

Two months ago I had the ABS and TCS light come on, this time it was a speed sensor in the front right wheel assembly. I had a fantastically scary week driving my car without ABS and traction control. Cost to fix £270 Work - done at Norton way, once again great service and this time only two days for the part to arrive.

1996 3.0 Auto

ctrlaltdelboy
08-11-2004, 02:11 PM
the sensors you refer to are O2 sensors (also known as LAMBDA sensors) and can be replaced by pattern parts from bosch costing around $75 a pair, I can't recall where I found the part numbers or bought them from as it was about 2 years ago when I replaced mine, but do some searching on NSX prime on the subject if you need them rather than paying Honda prices.

p.s. they screw into the exhaust manifolds so you might be able to unscrew them to look for part numbers if you can't find info on the net.

robbar
19-11-2004, 09:58 PM
Probably I'm too late but all these expensive 'solutions' may have mislead you. When I had a problem with Warning lights coming on; all brake system including ABS & TCS, my Service Manager was honest enough to tell me it could be as simple as rear brake light bulb failure. On failure it triggers the brake warning light, then a few moments later the whole system triggers off ABS TCS.

Solution: Replace brake light bulb.

Cost: £0 because I has a spare.

jaytip
27-11-2004, 12:55 AM
Probably I'm too late but all these expensive 'solutions' may have mislead you. When I had a problem with Warning lights coming on; all brake system including ABS & TCS, my Service Manager was honest enough to tell me it could be as simple as rear brake light bulb failure. On failure it triggers the brake warning light, then a few moments later the whole system triggers off ABS TCS.

Solution: Replace brake light bulb.

Cost: £0 because I has a spare.
correct.the exact same thing happened to me!

trackdemon
27-11-2004, 02:01 PM
:tick: Me too! Amazing to me that a bulb failure causes the ABS to shutdown, but it sure motivates you to replace the bulb pdq!

lotusolly
28-11-2004, 10:56 AM
Thanks for the tips guys. Ended up being an oxygen sensor(or so chiswick honda told me) but was unable to check for myself as car was already there!

olly