PDA

View Full Version : 19th May 2007 Meeting at JapFest (Jamesfest)

NSX 2000
19-05-2007, 07:58 PM
First of all a big thank you to James, my wife and I had wonderful day thanks. Good to meet so many others as well and see some familiar faces.
Hope evrey one got home OK, and Si I hope your not to shaken up and all the best.
Hope to see you all soon, Paul.

Greybloke
19-05-2007, 08:24 PM
Just arrived home after a "spirited" drive back home. Saw 2 of our fellow owners pulled by the boys in blue just outside the circuit? Do tell chaps;)

Anyway was great to meet some old faces and put faces to names:)

The final on track photo shoot looked great, I'm sure some will have taken better pics, but some of mine are below.

A great day many thanks to James for pulling it all together, and for everyone who took time to make today surely the largest UK NSX gathering ever:proud:

Greybloke
19-05-2007, 08:30 PM
Some more.....

can't think how that last one got in amongst the car photos:rolleyes:

amo
19-05-2007, 09:10 PM
nice mate very nice
need to get mine up but need to reduce them in size lol

as soon as

thx amo

amo
19-05-2007, 09:16 PM
hello there every1 was good to put names to faces
sorry never made it to the barbiquuu next time hay

thx again to mr james
thx amo

NSX 2000
19-05-2007, 10:17 PM
Sorry to say it but those are two roppey looking models I've ever seen. In fact it's an insult to real models to call them models!

reg
19-05-2007, 10:20 PM
nice mate very nice
need to get mine up but need to reduce them in size lol

as soon as

thx amo

Amo,

I expect some serious shots of the birds on your stand ;)

Silver Surfer
20-05-2007, 12:34 AM
NSX 2000Sorry to say it but those are two roppey looking models I've ever seen. In fact it's an insult to real models to call them models!

Which 2 model 'X's are you calling roppey? :no:;)

Or do you mean the scantily clothed wenches not standing at the 'X' stand. :eek:

SS

reg
20-05-2007, 08:38 AM
First of all a big thank you to James, my wife and I had wonderful day thanks. Good to meet so many others as well and see some familiar faces.
Hope evrey one got home OK, and Si I hope your not to shaken up and all the best.
Hope to see you all soon, Paul.

Agreed. Great day out.

Can anyone spell sunburn :redface: should have thought about that one:rolleyes:

markc
20-05-2007, 10:56 AM
Apart from the incident on track it was good day out. Well done James for round up so many of us.

Re getting pulled by plod... could it have been those with no front number plate?

Mark

Lankstarr
20-05-2007, 10:58 AM
Had a great day, a big thanks to JAmes for organising - I hope seeing all the happy faces and great photos makes it worthwhile.

Good to meet some more faces, looking forward to the next event (James you are now nominated event organiser for doing such a good job with this one.

I would also like to thank Matt ashe helped with the organising and spent a lot of much appreciated time which will have gone un-noticed by many.

Cheers also to Simon and Lisa for the bbq, your hospitality was appreciated and I it rounded off the day nicely

I hope Si gets things sorted and anyone that got a telling off by the police after wasn't too serious.

Cheers

Luke

Papalazarou
20-05-2007, 11:11 AM
Hi,

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for turning up and making this a great day.
My only regret is that it went so fast, despite being up at 4.00am!
Really good to meet some new members especially when they bring 03 Imola Targas and supply us with crates of mineral water; much appreciated chang (sorry if I spelt your name wrong).
It was a very strange site to see so many NSX's in one place and although we didn't quite break 40 at any one time, technically I think we did it over the day.

I'd like to thank Matt for making the name cards, the NSX plates and for standing with me at the gate for two hours handing out tickets.
Also thanks to Simon for putting on a fantastic BBQ, the food was excellent and it was good to relax for a couple of hours before returing home.

I think my favourite memory of the day was heading a 30 car+ convoy of NSX's to the track photoshoot, that was very impressive!

Regards to Kevin for running the club and finding a home for so many Japfest threads we've started over the last 6 months.

Finally, thanks to everyone who supported the track session, some of whom I know really were't sure whether they wanted to do it. Some of which probably wished they hadn't! I think we were all relieved that Simon of Kent walked away from that one!

Best regards,

James.

dan the man
20-05-2007, 01:55 PM
Many thanks to all who answered my questions, let me sit in their cars and generally get used to NSXs and their ins and outs far far more. :)

i really enjoyed the day

Papalazarou
20-05-2007, 02:00 PM
Apart from the incident on track it was good day out. Well done James for round up so many of us.

Re getting pulled by plod... could it have been those with no front number plate?

Mark

Hi Mark, good to meet you, sorry if I appeared a bit 'all over the place', it was a mixture of stress and sleep deprivation!
Not sure who got pulled, I hooked up on the BBQ convoy and about a mile down the road the police had pulled over a couple of cars, luckily not ours.

Cheers,

James.

TheSebringOne
20-05-2007, 02:09 PM
Hi all, I had a lovely time meeting all of you guys, finally putting faces to names was great (sorry if I did'nt get to speak to you all) looking at & appreciating your own Xs, must have taken over 20 pics. Thanks to the hard work by Papa-James, TQO-Matt for the card, Simon for BBQ invite (sorry could'nt go as had cousins 30th party!) & Kevin-Forumadmin. That was my longest ever trip in X nearly 450 miles, infact nealy half a year's driving for me! Even though it was a long drive, missing my missus's cousins wedding & my team playing at the FA Cup, I thoroughly enjoyed the day. Cheers to you all & regards James :)

TheSebringOne
20-05-2007, 02:21 PM
Great pics !! I felt so so proud to be with all those Xs on the track!! When I saw those supposingly so called scantily clad models, did'nt see them working hard enough! Also I thought I should have replaced em as my chest are real !! ;):eek::laugh:

Paul
20-05-2007, 03:05 PM
Currently trying to sort through nearly 1GB of pictures ... and that's after getting rid of the naff pictures ... I'll process a set of low res shots and upload links to them ... hopefully I'll have a list for people to look at ...

TheSebringOne
20-05-2007, 03:44 PM
Are you in the Motor trade? Shame you will be selling your X soon? think Dan the Man might be interested here? Any particular reason? RS4 gone? R8 cancelled and now R8 targa on order! I did'nt know there was a targa coming out? You're one lucky bloke! Can't wait for the pictures though! :);)

Ken Green
20-05-2007, 04:52 PM
Many thanks to James and everyone else involved for yesterday's event. My wife and I had a great time. I've tried to attach a few pics but keep getting an error message; If someone sends me their email address I'll send them to you - you might have more luck uploading them onto the site. I'm afraid the track pics are blurred - I didn't set a fast enough shutter speed (that's my excuse).

I noticed G1 NSX (yellow) pulled in by the police - hope all's OK. We had an good drive back - heading into the sun with open roof, straight to our favourite curry house; a great end to a great day.

Thanks again

Ken

Paul
20-05-2007, 04:55 PM
Are you in the Motor trade? Shame you will be selling your X soon? think Dan the Man might be interested here? Any particular reason? RS4 gone? R8 cancelled and now R8 targa on order! I did'nt know there was a targa coming out? You're one lucky bloke! Can't wait for the pictures though! :);)Not in the motor trade ... but a recent boom at work has hit a brick wall with too many problems to go in to here ... had to liquidise a few assets ... but it should hopefully just be a short term blip ... the R8 Targa is not certain to enter production ... but it is rumoured Audi are looking at releasing an open top version ... my own opinion is that it will not be a convertable (i.e. folding soft top) and I think a roll off canvas roof as found on some italian exotics, and the Elise, is not likely to find its way onto an Audi ... so I am hoping for a Targa ... the V10 is more or less a certainty ... although I think Audi are trying to stay very non commital on this.

Paul
20-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Currently trying to sort through nearly 1GB of pictures ... and that's after getting rid of the naff pictures ... I'll process a set of low res shots and upload links to them ... hopefully I'll have a list for people to look at ...Uploading 271 pictures ... yes 271 ... I started removing pictures that looked similar ... but got bored and just batch processed them to a low res state ... I'll post links soon ... they should be uploaded in the next 30-45 minutes.

If anyone wants some full sized jpeg pictures ... each picture is 3456pixels by 2304pixels and anywhere between 2,588KB and 5,460KB in file size ... send me a PM with a list of image numbers you'd like ... include an e-mail address and I'll send you copies of the originals.

If it is possible for me to upload the images here I can do that ... but with 949MB of files, I'm not sure if it is viable ... not sure if there is a limit on uploading pictures to the gallery here ... but it would take me far too long to upload that lot.

List of links to follow soon ...

Papalazarou
20-05-2007, 05:08 PM
Fantastic.....can't wait to see them!

Cheers,

James.

Kevin
20-05-2007, 06:50 PM
With the 1Gb limit I have on this site, uploading 949Mb of files is probably not the best of ideas.

I can do batch upload of images into an image gallery rather than making posts in the forum.

It will go nicely with an article that way as well.

I also have in addition to this server another one, which I use for testing, I can upload files there too.

Ken Green
20-05-2007, 11:09 PM
I had a problem sending this earlier, so if you've seen it, apologies.

Many thanks to James and everyone who contributed to making yesterday so enjoyable. I've got a few pics of some of you on the track - a bit blurred; I should have used a faster shutter speed. Tried to post them onto the web site but no joy - kept getting an error message. If someone wants to send me their email address I can send them; maybe they'll have more luck.

Pity about the guys who got stopped; I saw G1 NSX pulled in - hope it was just a caution. We had an uneventful trip back to Wales, heading into the sun with the top off. Ended the day with an excellent curry - life doesn't get much better!

britlude
21-05-2007, 06:55 AM
congrats to all involved organising, but especially all the drivers who actually got their NSX's to the show. shame some had to leave early, but we set a new record anyway!

saw the bronze/carbon lambo-doored wide body get pulled over by the nice man in a flourescent jacket and chequered hat.

where are the grid pictures going to be used? HUK internally, or published somewhere? and what mag was using them??

Masterblaster
21-05-2007, 07:24 AM
Hi to all who made the day a splendid experience, for someone ('X-less'), who has been toying with the idea of selling all his two wheeled toys to buy one of these Fantastic cars !
My mind has been made up, the big push to sell begins!
I thought the pearlescent white 'X' was a very tasty number, but would be proud to own any one of the cars at CC!
All the best,
Keith

ps. for sale 74 kwak triple, 98 anniversary 'blade, cz monkey, 4 (18K miles), and 2 door legends, z50a monkey, st70... here's hoping ! !

Steveycaz
21-05-2007, 08:03 AM
Thanks to all, James, Matt in particular and to Kevin for tolerating (and improving) my dismal driving style on the track!

Si - glad you're ok.

NSXeter - maybe we should have been pulled by the police - but we certainly made an interesting convoy with those 300ZX's on the M5 - hope you had a good blast back to Exeter!

Great to see you all!

kowalski
21-05-2007, 08:44 AM
Thanks again to James for a great day, Matt for his badges etc and Simon for the BBQ and putting us up.

Was a great day and nice to meet everyone,

leigh

DAVEMAT
21-05-2007, 08:59 AM
Well done James, and everyone involved, I think a great day was had by all (-1).

Nice to see so many fantastic and varied examples of the X.

Well worth coming home for, we only came home last night after spending the day hooning around on the great roads around there, just hope the Road Angel was working OK!!

indi pearl
21-05-2007, 10:00 AM
Many thanks to James and Matt for organising such a great event.Allthough we had to leave just after lunchtime we both had an unforgetable time,just seeing nearly 40 of our beuties in one place at the same time was a "one off" experience!
Very best wishes to Si,who allthough thankfully unhurt must be mourning his lady.Trust a replacement will be the order of the day.

josewick
21-05-2007, 10:00 AM
Thank you for arranging this and it was lovely to meet some of you.. Although i gave up in the end looking for the stand (must have walked miles and still couldn't see it) but joining the photoshoot at the end was great as I have never seen so many nsx's all at once..

Will look forward to future meets..

Joe

Siofkent
21-05-2007, 10:25 AM
Indi Pearl

When I read your message I thought you were telling me my girlfriend had keeled over, then I realise you meant the car. LOL

I am actuall moving to Edinburgh in 3 weeks, andam staying in Dean Village which is 7 mins walk to work, so no real need for a car at the moment, that is until my new firm give me a company car, and I am considering Nissan 350z (strictly not for track) or Audi S4 with the 4.2 litre v8

Thoughts?

simonprelude
21-05-2007, 10:51 AM
Glad to see you are OK Si.

Is the car still at Combe ?? If so and you need anything removing etc then with arrangement of the Garage owner I am happy to help, I go passed (well within 3 miles of Combe) most days so am happy to help.

mutley
21-05-2007, 12:09 PM
HI All,

Well my mass expedition is now complete and I'm back in NI surrounded in boxes waiting on the movers. Like the rest of you, me and my mate had a brilliant time there and with a bit of luck I'll be a bit more "local" in a few weeks so will be around a bit more.

Si, if it makes you feel beter, I'll be at home from 28th May - 18th June, so if you need a tour guide (or just fancy going out on the lash) in Edinburgh gimme a shout.

Steveycas, erm, if I get the video of the track session with sound posted PLEASE don't take any offence of me cursing and swearing on the track, nothing personal intended, and anyway you must have had a good laugh when I took a wee detour!!!

Cheers all, we must do it all again sometime.

Jim

Ken Green
21-05-2007, 05:26 PM
Thanks to James and everyone involved in Saturday's event; we had a great time. Noticed G1 NSX pulled in by the police; hope it was just a caution, but I doubt it.

I've got some 'photos of some of you on the track, but they're not very good. I tried uploading them but kept getting error messages - if any of you want them let me know and I'll email them. Call me on 07909 970 960.

Had a good run back, heading into the setting sun with roof off, then called in to our favourite Indian restaurant for an excellent curry - a great end to a great day.

Thanks again

Ken

gsuds
21-05-2007, 10:07 PM
Finally back home - well, had to take it easy for Sue after her track experience! :eek:
Actually, after trying to get personal best mpg on motorway (35!!!) got bored and came back to Edinburgh on A701 - empty, open, twisty, perfect weather....mpg suddenly not important :cool:

Anyway - great day. Superb effort by all concerned, especially those motivated enough to organise everything. Thank you all!

Siofkent - concur with Jim Mutley - give us a shout once you up in Edinburgh. Sorry about your car, glad you OK.

Cheers,

Graham

NSXeter
22-05-2007, 08:43 PM
Greetings,

Thanks again to James and co for their organisational skills!

Was really good to chat to some of you guys and although I don't post often, was good to match cars with names and faces etc.

Was a great feeling to be amongst so many X's and what an ace way to finish the day.....almost 40 NSX's on the grid!

As previously mentioned, had a fairly rapid cruise home with Steveycaz and a couple ZX's before the requirement of fuel finally became my reason for withdrawing from the fun! :( did mean I passed Ian/silver bullet twice though:D! Quite agree tho....think we were lucky regarding the Boys in blue.

Take care all

Mark

P.S James, don't think I didn't realise you stole my Honda pen ya bugger!:beatdown:;)

TheQuietOne
23-05-2007, 06:29 AM
P.S James, don't think I didn't realise you stole my Honda pen ya bugger!:beatdown:;)

Actually I amanged to end up with it sorry, PM me your addres and I'll pop it in the post!

NSXeter
24-05-2007, 12:13 PM
Actually I amanged to end up with it sorry, PM me your addres and I'll pop it in the post!

No worries, consider it a present :) The fun bit was chatting up the Hottie at Goodwood festival in order to obtain it!

Cars for sale so you'll be more deserving of it soon anyway :(

'Dan the man' is viewing it on sat,travelling from Manchester to Exeter so hopefully his trip won't be a waste of time!

P.S. sorry James :redface:

TheQuietOne
24-05-2007, 12:44 PM
Hi,

Sorry to hear it's going it looked bloody superb! Hope you'll be back in the fold at a later date - I think once they're in your blood they are pretty hard to shake these things!

Good luck with the sale,

Cheers Matt.

NSXeter
25-05-2007, 11:38 AM
I think once they're in your blood they are pretty hard to shake these things!

Your absolutely right, would love another one one day but its my house deposit so regretfully has to go. Bit of a 'watch this space' tho...ya never know.

It appears Simons accident has made its way around the net, seen vids on 'Myspace' and 'U-tube' now, pretty high profile stuff! [sorry simon :(]

mark

sorepaws
27-05-2007, 12:21 PM
Just to re-iterate all that has been said before about the organisation and the company on the day - it was great :-D

Just back from a trip through France, Germany and Belgium with a quick (!) wizz around the Nurburg ring - 12 minutes in a smart (the road works slowed me down - honest ! ).

Hope there will be another chance to meet up with some of you again really soon.

Regards

Mike

some cars on track and a picture of an old model beside a new model (ha ha)

Senninha
31-05-2007, 10:24 AM
Thanx to Hugo who used to own S2NSX, here is a link to a site I didn't know about. It's Euro page is reporting on the NSX takeover at Castle Combe.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/05/30/nsx-takeover-at-castle-combe/

regards, Paul

Papalazarou
31-05-2007, 05:01 PM
And this one, with us in it!!

http://www.hondauk-media.co.uk/protected/releases/