PDA

View Full Version : JGTC - NSX

AJI
02-11-2004, 07:12 PM
I've just been watching the latest round of the JGTC on Motors TV and the one of the NSXs qualified in a good position, I think it was the Raybrigg NSX.
The commentator was mentioning that the GT500 class NSXs run with a Twin Turbo V6 motor to produce around 500bhp. Has this engine been fitted to any road cars?

The rules of the JGTC state that they can only use engines from the motor range of that particular manufacturer..... now which Honda product currently runs with a twin-turbo V6 engine?? I couldn't think of any. Unless they mean they can still bolt on turbo's to existing engine ranges?

A 500bhp powerplant in a NSX woul certainly turn it into one mean monster of a car !!

I would consider selling my Supra for one if they came with an engine like that !! :D

BrownBear
03-11-2004, 08:42 AM
Hi AJI,

I think the commentator is misinformed - there are no (production) Honda engines that are turbos. The only one I ever heard of was a Honda CX650 Turbo bike, circa 1985.

AFAIK, the JGTC rules allow almost any changes to the car, anyway - but there are no base TT engines out there. I think they must add turbos to their modified 3.5's, as you suggest. (in fact for some circuits they run N/A engines and for others they use TT's, from what I've read on the JGTC.net site).

Hope this helps,
Cheers
Joe