PDA

View Full Version : I need a new tip!

Senninha
15-05-2007, 11:32 AM
For my exhaust :cheeky:

Inspired by the improved look of Paul's Magnum NSX (CrazyMixedUpKid), I'm going to fit the 02 rear valance. However, my existing quad pipes wont fit through the new valance.

I'm torn between round or oval single outlet for each side. Round as it follows the OEM look of the 02 model, but oval as it is a nod to the OEM tip that would have been standard on the pop-up models.

Let the voting begin

regards, Paul

reg
15-05-2007, 11:35 AM
1 vote for 3" round rolled ends with some perforated baffle on the inside.

mutley
15-05-2007, 01:06 PM
I'll vote oval, not as a nod to the original , but I just think it looks nicer.

Jim

Lankstarr
15-05-2007, 01:28 PM
round slash cut type R style or round 02+ style

1 vote each;)

Lankstarr
15-05-2007, 01:29 PM
Don't forget the type R slash cut option!!

Minch
15-05-2007, 04:19 PM
I went for the '02 look with the RS*R exhaust. Rear valance will be my next move too!

ctrlaltdelboy
15-05-2007, 04:27 PM
I have the 02+ valance with 4" round tips

can't find any pics right now though :(

Kevin
15-05-2007, 05:06 PM
Round 3" baloney cut. Not rolled edges, and not resonated (perforated inside).

Angled up into your face.

AR
15-05-2007, 06:33 PM
Round 3" baloney cut. Not rolled edges, and not resonated (perforated inside).

Angled up into your face.

Just as Kevin said!

dan the man
15-05-2007, 08:05 PM
slash cut for me if its doable

Senninha
15-05-2007, 08:19 PM
Thanx for the comments and please keep them coming.

Can anyone provide photo's for the slash cut and baloney cut please?

regards, Paul

TheQuietOne
15-05-2007, 09:58 PM
Can anyone provide photo's for the baloney cut please?

Paul in all seriousness I'm not sure that sort of thing is appropriate for this kind of site mate...:eek:

Silver Surfer
15-05-2007, 10:07 PM
Need photos to appreciate what you are all describing! :overhead:

Paul, are you selling your current exhaust system if you succeed in your plan. Baggsy first in line for the quad pipes.

SS :D

TheSebringOne
15-05-2007, 10:08 PM
Paul, I love the looks of your pipe ends when you took pics next to the grey Lambo Gallardo recently, what system is it? or are they tips only? If you were to change the tips, are you changing the back box or are the current tips coming off? Sorry for the many Qs. :):no:

TheQuietOne
15-05-2007, 10:14 PM
Paul, I love the looks of your pipe ends

Paul I would be very affraid at Ja pfest mate...this thread is starting to worry me :eek:.

Senninha
16-05-2007, 09:37 AM
Paul I would be very affraid at Ja pfest mate...this thread is starting to worry me :eek:.

Are you suggesting I should stand with my back to the wall?? :laugh:

The exhaust is by H&S in Basildon Essex and is complete cat back system. All I will change is the tips to suit the valance. TSO, I like them too but they dont work with the new valance which I like more, so they have to go. H&S can build to your requirements, ie sound, looks, performance and very good VFM compared to some of the systems on offer.

SS, if they are re-usable, there yours!

regards, Paul

Warren
16-05-2007, 01:56 PM
Hi everyone,

I have just had the 02 valance fitted (thanks Dirk) and decided to go for Magnaflow 4" tips, which I think has managed to keep the car looking relatively standard and too boy racer.

Senninha
16-05-2007, 02:16 PM
Hi Warren,

Thanx for the response and photo's and welcome to the NSX CB! CAr looks good, are the wheels your own upgrade aswell?

regards, Paul

Warren
16-05-2007, 02:52 PM
Hi Paul,

Thank you, I have found the site an excellent source for information for the 'X'...thanks everyone.

Yes the wheels are home grown...I couldn't believe how hard it was to find wheels to fit an NSX in the UK.

cheers,

Warren

kowalski
16-05-2007, 07:43 PM
Paul, I have the 02 valance on mine with the round tips, i put the old oval exhaust on for quick test but didnt like the look, it looks better with round tips in my opinion, Didnt get any pics though!

See you Saturday!

leigh

TheSebringOne
16-05-2007, 08:04 PM
Paul, complete cat back system? I assume you mean from the OEM cat & outwards, so you are removing the back OEM box & pipes from there? VFM ? :rolleyes:

Warren nice silver X & Magnex, are they another from the cat back? or just tips? I am to assume you just can't buy the very end tips and slot them over your oems and the only way is from cat back? :rolleyes: Sorry if thats stupid!

Regards James:dunno:

reg
16-05-2007, 08:20 PM
Call me weird but I really like the look of the factory 70's Porsche's that have a white finish. If I could find a centre exit with that finish it might work. I also wonder what would happen if you used 2x superbike silencers from Akropavic or someone and increased the bore of the stock system?

TheSebringOne
16-05-2007, 08:29 PM
White, centre, 70's porsche?, motorbikes zorst? You are starting to loose me, are you day or night dreaming at present !? ;):rolleyes:

Silver Surfer
16-05-2007, 08:33 PM
Lost again..:overhead:

SS

CrazyMixedUpKid
17-05-2007, 10:31 AM
if you get it right I'd say both look good.

I tried my OEM oval tips on with the valance and it looked BAD. They sat too far back and were just not - well - big enough!

I like the OEM 2002+ round 4 inch slash - Warrens looks NICE.

Having said all this ... this bloke (don't know who or what system it is) has got it pretty well spot on I'd say. This looks great IMO.

See you Sat!

TheSebringOne
17-05-2007, 11:29 AM
4inch slash? what is this slash, is that the mesh material that part of 02+ lower valance? On that red car, the pipes are oval & not round, so this contradicts your point that 02+ valance does'nt go with oval ends!? :rolleyes: unless the pic has been compressed ?

CrazyMixedUpKid
17-05-2007, 02:21 PM
pay attention 007 - the OEM ovals look bad (not big enough) - the ovals in this pic look good - hence I said "if you get it right" ...

slash = end of the tip is not cut at 90 degrees - rather at an angle - or slashed.

TheSebringOne
17-05-2007, 03:08 PM
Cheers Clyde or CMUK, I get it now, I did'nt know you could get larger aftermarket diameter oval pipes thats all! Also thanks for pointing out the slash, I do like the turn up look of them as Paul (Senninha has em at present) but does'nt fit with the 02+ rear valance. Still learning 007 ;)