small bit of sand paper or dremal

time 30mins - 1 hour and i dont know **** about cars

anyway
if u got probs with the dash lights flickering and stalling probs intermitant
try to clean the ignition swtich
you will need to lie down on your back in the foot well

location - under the dash right hand side tucked away above the break peddle
see pic 1

1. ok strip off the bottom bit of dash first 2x screws 1 on the left side 1 on the right. page 23-128 manual
2. unclip the light on the right side
3. take off the knee bolster the bit that surrounds the ignition barrol. page 23-128 manual
2x screws left and right side and its just cliped in at the top left and right side so just give it a tug
4. take off metal panel 4x screws 2 on both sides left and right
5. take ur 6mm socket set there is 2x bolts holding the Ingnition Switch in place remove bolts lots of wires around it so be carefull
6. white bit with the wires should just come out
7. now this is just cliped together slowly prise open the clips think there is 5 clips you may break a few so gently does it. page 23-72 manual
8. now clean it as you should see its got some grease and plenty of dirt just clean the dirt or if u got a dremal use that
9. now put it back together

ok should work now
the bad bits

well it was a pain lieing in the foot well but i done it so can you
i broke 2 white clips off the Ingnition Switch but hay dont worry as it bolts in so wont be loose

pm me or email me you can get my number off a few ppl or ill give it via pm
hope this helps

thx amo

now this bit is copyed from prime
My ignition switch went bad, classic symptoms:
1. Start up and engine dies. (hard starting)
2. Engines Dies intermittently while running
3. Dim dash lights (intermittently)
4. Buzzing main relay

So I bought a new switch and installed it. My NSX was down for a couple of weeks while I diagnosed it and ordered a new switch.

Upon installation: all of my above problems were fixed. Installation required either a phillips screwdriver or a 6mm socket.

I did an autopsy on the old switch and discovered that there was nothing really wrong with it...the contacts were just extremely dirty. The switch is held together with mating barbs. Just pry them apart and you can clean the switch contacts and apply dielectric grease and you should be good to go for another 15 years. Leave the guts of the switch intact and clean away.

At a minimum it will get you back on the road while you wait for a factory fresh switch. Takes only a few minutes...

Drew

mutley
12-05-2007, 03:48 PM
Nice job Amo, good to see you tackling jobs now, best way to learn.

Jim