PDA

View Full Version : Painful

DAVEMAT
10-05-2007, 09:53 AM
Don't know if this has been posted on here before, but I also don't know who finds it funny.
http://videos.streetfire.net/search/blows/3/e454d532-d3f9-49c7-a054-33ea1bf24444.htm

mutley
10-05-2007, 10:38 AM
That brings a tear to the eye!!!

Jim

Senninha
10-05-2007, 11:15 AM
£60 for a run on a rolling road, £6000 for a new engine ....nope, I dont find that funny at all. Cant imagine how you would feel :(

I recall when we had our RR day I rechecked ALL fluid levels and tyre pressures at least twice before setting off for the day.

simonprelude
10-05-2007, 11:51 AM
You weren't runnig NO2 though as the video is :)

TheSebringOne
10-05-2007, 06:08 PM
Oh crumbs or holy poo!!, that was not great to see, is there anything about this on the net as Honda claims that they never had a engine or VTEC engine go up in smoke, well thats what Jezza on TG once said?! :( :confused:

Ewan
10-05-2007, 06:26 PM
Oh crumbs or holy poo!!, that was not great to see, is there anything about this on the net as Honda claims that they never had a engine or VTEC engine go up in smoke, well thats what Jezza on TG once said?! :( :confused:

Clarkson is wrong. He says it as if "Honda have made nn million engines and not one has ever gone wrong", but I think the anecdote originated as "Honda have made nn million engines with VTEC, and not once has the VTEC gone wrong..." ie the engine could go bang but the VTEC unit has never failed.

Not sure I'd believe that anyway :)

TheSebringOne
12-05-2007, 01:44 AM
Ewan, sorry to hear about the Italian Maser experience, I looked at the Bummerang version briefly aswell a German Porker & a older Prancing Italian, but finally my requirements were all met by the fast & reliable X! Happy hunting to you in your quest! :D

AR
13-05-2007, 01:12 AM
Guys relax. That is just a BAShboost supercharger that blew the engine. Most documneted NSX engine failures are due to oil starvation, overrevving and FI.

So check your oil level, use a baffle sump for the track, dont **** from 4th to 1st and dont make your engine a test mule for any POS FI system.

Cheers,

AR

TheSebringOne
13-05-2007, 05:15 PM
AR I assume FI is the injection? and also what is POS FI? If its a form of swearing, you don't have to tell me! So long as the oil is at the correct level, is a Baffle Sump essential for the odd tracking day? Thanks :confused:

reg
13-05-2007, 05:43 PM
Guys relax. That is just a BAShboost supercharger that blew the engine. Most documneted NSX engine failures are due to oil starvation, overrevving and FI.

So check your oil level, use a baffle sump for the track, dont **** from 4th to 1st and dont make your engine a test mule for any POS FI system.

Cheers,

AR

Got to it before me!

Although wasn't this failure from a big Nitrous shot? Listening from 31secs on it sounds more that it is being sprayed than supercharged?

forumadmin
13-05-2007, 05:45 PM
AR I assume FI is the injection? and also what is POS FI? If its a form of swearing, you don't have to tell me! So long as the oil is at the correct level, is a Baffle Sump essential for the odd tracking day? Thanks :confused:

No need for a baffle sump, if you're using road tyres, and not on tracks that have banks. You won't get the cornering G force necessary.

britlude
13-05-2007, 05:52 PM
'FI' forced induction... 'POS' i think you guessed already!

reg
13-05-2007, 06:06 PM
No need for a baffle sump, if you're using road tyres, and not on tracks that have banks. You won't get the cornering G force necessary.

Speak to Ponyboy in the US. He had a magical baffled sump and his engine died due to oil starvation. Acusump (sp) seems the way to go?

dan the man
13-05-2007, 09:32 PM
darn last thing i need. to get a bafled sump or not and THEN to decide which one as sump actually dont work.... :(

Silver Surfer
13-05-2007, 09:53 PM
I was just thinking that apart from making sure all the 'fluids' are at the appropriate level,I wasn't thinking of doing anything else when I take the 'X' onto the track. All this additional unknown preparation makes my plan a bit worrying! ?? Unnecesary worry as I am a track virgin??

SS :confused:

reg
13-05-2007, 10:07 PM
I was just thinking that apart from making sure all the 'fluids' are at the appropriate level,I wasn't thinking of doing anything else when I take the 'X' onto the track. All this additional unknown preparation makes my plan a bit worrying! ?? Unnecesary worry as I am a track virgin??

SS :confused:

Don't worry!

Check fluids are ok.
Check tyres are ok, drop the pressures ~5 psi
Gaffer tape the fog lights /indicators

Its not a race, just a bit of a hoon.