PDA

View Full Version : TCS and Emissions warning lights

kevinpsw
07-05-2007, 06:00 PM
Both now come on just a few seconds after starting up, having first gone out as the engine starts. The Emissions light comes on just a second before the TCS light. They both then stay on.

I have looked at a variety of threads on here and on Prime. A number of suggestions are made:

Clock fuse out and then in.
Worn rear tyres (mine are past their best but this would not explain how the TCS light comes on before even driving away).
O2 sensors.

I have seen mention of a test procedure that mentions counting flashing lights. I have tried short circuiting the bright blue two point connector with a paper clip but I got no indications of a reading.

Some advice required:

How to diagnose the fault.
Where to buy O2 sensors at a reasonable price
How to fit an O2 sensor.

Thanks.

96 manufactured manual.

P.S. I have had it diagnosed as O2 Sensor Bank 1 Front. Should I assume that is the Left?

reg
07-05-2007, 08:41 PM
http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/DIY/trouble_codes.htm

If you go OEM on the sensor get it from the US, or I am sure there is a universal one?

HTH

kevinpsw
08-06-2007, 02:29 PM
O2 sensor finally arrived from USA. Bought on Ebay as specific fit for Bank 1 Primary (Forward) at cost of $65 including postage. Generic ones (that need to make use of old coupling) were available elsewhere in the US at saving of about $20. Local (UK) car parts supplier offered generic version at £56.

Took <1 hour labour at local garage £58.75. Diagnosis had cost £50 at Honda in Croydon but you can DIY diagnosis as described at post above. Total £143. Could have taken longer to fit if it had been Bank 2 as that looked to be a bit more difficult to get to.

Quote from Chiswick Honda £400.

Warning lights now go out and stay out. Fingers crossed, >£250 saved.