PDA

View Full Version : radio and ash tray

Papalazarou
04-05-2007, 10:41 PM
just after a couple of bits, so if anyone has an ashtry (the outer lid) and an OEM radio please let me know. I'd even accept a non working one as long as the buttons were in good condition.

Thanks,

James.

Tel: 07977 142638.

WhyOne?
04-05-2007, 10:46 PM
James,

I need to swap out my radio (I have an 'as new replacement') and whilst the 'old' (it's a 2001 car, snot that old!) one is somewhat flaky on MW/LW it is cosmetically fine.

If someone can tell me where I can get the swap performed safely and economically, I am sure we can come to a sensible arrangement on my old head unit.

:)

Senninha
04-05-2007, 10:54 PM
Y1,

If you have both units why not swap over yourself?

A couple of screws releases the armrest, then a couple more at the back of the console. 2 more inside the top vent will have the clock piece out followed by 2 at the top of the console.
Lastly, 2 at the back of the ashtry, unscrew the gear knob and you're pretty much ready to go.

The console then lifts out. Stereo would be a plug swap.

I had my console out and back in, stereo swapped over and new gear knob surround fitted in under an hour.

There may be a few extra buttons/screws for OEM stereo but nothing too challenging I would of thought.

HTH, Paul

WhyOne?
05-05-2007, 12:26 AM
If you have both units why not swap over yourself?

Hi Paul,

No reason other than a fear of cocking something (expensive!!!) up!

bainsgs
10-05-2007, 08:19 PM
I have both if you still need the parts

Thanks

Gurinder

Papalazarou
11-05-2007, 06:22 PM
I have both if you still need the parts

Thanks

Gurinder

Hi Gurinder,

I'm good for the radio thanks, but could really do with the ashtray lid.
PM me with a price if you can. I'm also after an A/C display unit if someone has one, otherwise I'll have to send it to BBA.

Much appreciated,

James.

bainsgs
14-05-2007, 04:36 PM
I should have the a/c display unit as well.

Thanks

Gurinder

Papalazarou
14-05-2007, 05:02 PM
Check PM.

Thanks,

James.