PDA

View Full Version : Tracking & tyres

trackdemon
19-10-2004, 03:17 PM
Hello,

I'm not happy with the way my car's handling at the moment, due at least partially to the fact that the rears are getting rather low on tread (already, 3k miles since last replaced, Proxes TX1's). Looks like I may be needing a pair of new fronts as well (finally worn out after 14k miles - Yoko's). So my question to the collective knowledge base that is the NSXCB is:

Can anyone recommend somewhere to get my tracking sorted in the London / Essex area; ideally someone who won't charge megabucks but knows what they're doing with an NSX.

And secondly, I quite like the Proxes TX1's but they seem to wear rather quickly and I wouldn't mind trying something different now we're into the wet part of the year. Any recommendations?

david_f
29-10-2004, 02:47 PM
The setting-up of an NSX requires a few variables to be spot on and while a number of people claim to do NSX geometry work, I think I'd stick with an authorised NSX dealer - unless there's someone out there with some good experience outside of the authorised dealer network? Cheers, David. PS. The Bridgestone S03-PP looks like 'the one' to have. Recently beat all comers in a group test.

DamianW
29-10-2004, 03:32 PM
With regard to S03s .. what size? You can't get OEM size, but assume people just increase the front ... so for the 16/17 wheels it'd be 225/45 16 front, and the normal size rear of 245/40 17.

I finally managed to get 2 rear OEM A022s!

david_f
29-10-2004, 03:50 PM
Yeah, for the Bridgestones you'd need 225/45 x 16 fronts and 255/40 x 17 rears - that will keep the overall height increase roughly the same. I track day mine quite a bit and have been using the OEM Yokos. One tip I could pass on is that the factory type pressures lead to breakaway oversteer. I've found 30-psi front (instead of 33-psi) and 36-psi rear (instead of 40-psi) a revelation. The car becomes much more progressive. Cheers, David.