PDA

View Full Version : Rear number plate surround trim!

TheSebringOne
28-04-2007, 07:15 PM
Hi all, does everyones X have a slight droop in the middle part of the raised lipped rectangular trim thats part of the rear bumper & surrounds the number plate? If so, how do you straighten it permanently? I always push it up, but it droops again! (no rude remarks please)! :rolleyes:

PS. Thanks Paul (Senninha) for your comments on my vBGarage. Nice that a fellow club member appreciates my baby! :D

mutley
28-04-2007, 07:38 PM
Erm. I have no idea, can't say I've noticed, or even looked for that matter! Come to think of it, I can't think of what part of trim you mean (Unless mine is missing and I neer knew)?

Pic perhaps James?

Jim

WhyOne?
28-04-2007, 08:23 PM
'They all do that sir'

No idea how to straighten it though.....sorry!

Kevin
28-04-2007, 08:52 PM
Take it off. Undo the screws underneath the top edge.

I belive a piece of aluminium placed across the top of it may keep the top edge straight. Not tried it myself, but I had the part off a few times, and think that may work.

kowalski
28-04-2007, 10:02 PM
I did this with mine, took the number plate surround off and fitted a piece of 1/2" angle aluminium strip behind it (£6 from B & Q). It has improved the sag a bit but the best option if someone can make it, is to make a carbon fibre version! (Detlef?)

leigh

Senninha
28-04-2007, 10:18 PM
Did someone mention CF? ;)

kowalski
28-04-2007, 10:39 PM
Did someone mention CF? ;)

lol, would be good if someone could make one, ime sure it would be a good seller, i think the german plate size is the same as uk if Detlefs interested!

or maybe someone can get one from the wrecked ebay NSX and get a copy made

leigh

TheSebringOne
28-04-2007, 11:16 PM
Thanks guys, Jim have you spent so much time away from your X, that you've forgotten what she looks like. Best thing is to run your fingers along the lowest part of the rear bumper towards the number plate & what do you know theres the said lip! ;)

Paul, I think you rather do like CF in a big way! Eat, sleep & drink the stuff is the impression I'm getting!

Kowalski & why1, thanks alot, I will give it a try & I think saggy is a better description than my droopy ! On another subject Leigh, I just realised what your picture is! (sorry) its the classic car chase/race film. My abiding memories is the car skills & the lady on a bike in the desert! :D

Also just rembered that I used to visit my kind of sister in law in Rustington, thats not a millions miles down the pebble beach from you! Except I've never travelled there in the X! Too many rail way junctions for me, but John Cooper used to be at Ferring, where I had my first ever road test of the X and I was hooked.