PDA

View Full Version : Some new toys

Kevin
26-04-2007, 05:47 PM
Here is the first of my seemingly many orders this week.

It's the Porter Cable Polisher. Some clay, extra pads, and woolly wash mitt.

I'll get some Meguirs #80 swirl remover and other stuff in the UK to use with it.

Also came with a DVD showing how to use it, and some extra free clay, which was a nice surprise.

Order came by Parcel Force, so not VAT or duty to pay.

All came from here http://www.autopia-carcare.com/.

TheSebringOne
26-04-2007, 09:21 PM
Kevin, if your bringing the new toys to Japfest I will be first in the queue for some of detailing work! Any discounts for being the second after yourself! ;) Some how I don't think the polishing machine will work off the ciggie lighter! ;)

mutley
26-04-2007, 10:16 PM
I have seen people use these to great effect, I think I will definately be investing in one myself at some point.

Jim

Kevin
27-04-2007, 06:58 AM
According to the instructional DVD that came with it, apparantly the polisher can be run using an inverter connected to the car battery.

It would have to be a 110v one though not a 240v one. I still need to get a 240 to 110v transformer before I can use this thing yet.

reg
27-04-2007, 08:53 AM
According to the instructional DVD that came with it, apparantly the polisher can be run using an inverter connected to the car battery.

It would have to be a 110v one though not a 240v one. I still need to get a 240 to 110v transformer before I can use this thing yet.

Screwfix or eBay. Did you use a discount code for the PC?

mutley
27-04-2007, 10:08 AM

Found this on a website, porter cable transformer and 14m extension ( and other bts and pieces)

http://www.thepolishingcompany.com/portercablekit.html

Maybe some use.

Jim