PDA

View Full Version : Size matters

Paul G
16-10-2004, 07:24 AM
Hi,

My brother has now become an NSX owner :D ( thats 2 in petersfield now!) he is looking to change the wheels that are fitted to the car (18"Khan's front and rear) the front wheels seem too wide and stick out from the wheel arches!

Can any one give me any info on where we can purchase some new wheels in the uk? and talk to someone who will show some interst, and even phone back....I have contacted some oz dealers reference the super leggerra range (brother likes em, and has seen pictures of them fitted to an NSX) but I have been told three times that that will not fit?! even after I gave the the oz.com web site!! :cry: Same story with a couple of BBS options I enquired about!

Any advice on what you would recommend on wheel size's would be appriciated. (it's a 1992 model - manual in red - yep the same colour as mine too!! :evil: ) 16" on front 17" rear?

Thanks in advance for your help, I won't be able to log back in until Sunday night, got talked into doing an overnight stay in a haunted house, something different for the weekend! :shock:

Cheers

PG

Kevin
16-10-2004, 08:10 AM
Take a look at www.daliracing.com. It's a American vendor, but you will see what wheels are available.

The thing is, are you after performance? The Honda wheels are pretty good quality, and are light in weight. There are not many aftermarket wheels which are as light as the Honda ones. I think VOLK TE37s look good on an NSX. Look on www.nsxprime.com, and there you will find people with all sorts of wheels.

OZ Superleggras should fit as Daliracing sell them. They are a good light wheel.

Darren, on this forum has a set of Honda 16/17 wheels for sale, and I have a set of the original 15/16 wheels with tyres for sale.

Paul G
17-10-2004, 06:23 PM
Hi Kevin,

Thanks very much for the info, wheel change is mainly for looks, will give my brother a call and see what he makes of the OZ wheels..again!

I have told him about the set of wheels that you have, if he doesn't get a new set sorted I think I could well being coming back too you, lets face I know a lot of people are not so keen on that style, but for the money your asking I think it's bargin

Thanks again

Paul

Kevin
17-10-2004, 07:39 PM
Regarding small wheels. If the car is in tip top condition, and standard in all other ways, then there is nothing wrong with having the 15/16 wheels on it.

Sometimes, I wonder if I should of kept my car standard and nice for the future, but I've gone too far, and can't go back now!

jaytip
17-10-2004, 11:44 PM
i have a set of 17/18 alloys. they are either a two or three piece split rim(not sure which).
anyway i have had these wheels for almost two years now and they still havn't come out of the wrapping,well two of them havn't anyway.these wheels have not been near a car.
i paid £2200 for the wheels with a budget tyre on them(ventus).
private me if you are interested.

P.S. they are a 15 spoke design similar to super leggeras