PDA

View Full Version : Science of Speed

Ferris Bueller
25-04-2007, 11:09 PM
Has anyone had any dealings with them? Any issues?

Anyone looking at making a purchase in the near future? Is it worth considering making a bulk purchase to save on shipping etc?

mutley
25-04-2007, 11:13 PM
I think that there have been a few people usuing SoS and Dali from this forum, and depending what it is you are after, then advertise a possible group buy, and see if anyone else wants the same parts (or even stuff from teh same vendor). As we have been saying in other threads, the exchange rate just now is fantastic for US purchasing, and yes a group but will lower the shipping costs.

Jim

DAVEMAT
26-04-2007, 03:34 AM
My SoS dealings were no problem, but just watch their shipping costs, they can be abit on the hefty side, which would make a group buy a better option, but as Jim pointed out, with the exchange rate as it is at the moment, you can't really fall off.

Ferris Bueller
26-04-2007, 07:07 AM
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I'm looking at buying some Hawk HPS brake pads. Bargain retail, not so much when you factor is shipping!

bazza
26-04-2007, 08:44 AM
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I'm looking at buying some Hawk HPS brake pads. Bargain retail, not so much when you factor is shipping!

I can source these pads at a good price.

Rob_Fenn
26-04-2007, 01:55 PM
Been waiting for over a month now for some parts from them, a bit disappointing!

reg
26-04-2007, 02:46 PM
With SOS you have to call them once a week to badger them. When they know you are a squeaky wheel they will get on it! It took a while for the HP+ pads to arrive into their shop but they got to the UK in 3-4 days.

As for Dali, do you feel lucky :)

NSXGB
26-04-2007, 04:00 PM
That was my experience with them on my last order. They can be a bit slow replying to the odd email but you do get a reply, unlike with MJ.

With SOS you have to call them once a week to badger them. When they know you are a squeaky wheel they will get on it! It took a while for the HP+ pads to arrive into their shop but they got to the UK in 3-4 days.

As for Dali, do you feel lucky :smile:

Senninha
26-04-2007, 04:30 PM
Been waiting for over a month now for some parts from them, a bit disappointing!

Sorry to hear of your delay. I was with John at PLans y'day and seeing your NSX in the alli is an awesome sight. There's some serious work gone into that car, and the front arches look very OEM in quality of finish.

Seeing S2 and T2 side by side at least confirms that yours is not Magnum as was suspected, just a very mean Black. One Q if I may ... I'm curious as to why you have closed off the front vents rather than maybe a cooling duct like Darrens?

Regards, Paul

simonprelude
26-04-2007, 06:16 PM
Interesting :confused:

Seeing S2 and T2 side by side at least confirms that yours is not Magnum as was suspected, just a very mean Black.

Senninha
26-04-2007, 06:53 PM
Me too. TBH, looks more like Pirates Black like the Accord Type R as it has a metallic topcoat.

TheQuietOne
26-04-2007, 07:45 PM

Told ya both! ;)

Senninha
26-04-2007, 10:56 PM
Back on thread, is anyone buying from SOS?

If yes then I'd be interested in a set of their engine hatch struts please.

regards, Paul

mutley
26-04-2007, 10:58 PM
Back on thread, is anyone buying from SOS?

If yes then I'd be interested in a set of their engine hatch struts please.

regards, Paul

Paul,
You just jumped in there before me, I was about to ask that. I'd like a set too.

Jim

amo
26-04-2007, 11:26 PM
just to remind every1 they will not send as gift so tax will have to be paid

thx amo

mutley
27-04-2007, 12:15 AM
OH and I wouldn't mind one of the stealth numberplate thingumies.

Jim

Rob_Fenn
27-04-2007, 11:08 AM
Sorry to hear of your delay. I was with John at PLans y'day and seeing your NSX in the alli is an awesome sight. There's some serious work gone into that car, and the front arches look very OEM in quality of finish.

Seeing S2 and T2 side by side at least confirms that yours is not Magnum as was suspected, just a very mean Black. One Q if I may ... I'm curious as to why you have closed off the front vents rather than maybe a cooling duct like Darrens?

Regards, Paul

Hi Paul,

Glad you liked the car. The front was blanked off because it was inducing front end lift. From what i've been told, brake ducts do not make much of a difference, and the AP brakes we have don't overheat anyway.

I'm intrigued that you said it is not Magum grey. Looking on NSX Prime Magnum is the same as Quantum and Charcoal grey.

I can't believe the first owner made a special order for a colour so close to black/grey. I haven't seen another NSX in the same colour though.

Cheers,

-Rob

nigel
27-04-2007, 06:33 PM
Yes! They know there s&#*. Josh is a great help and will do his best to get you what you want. Buy soon as the pound is 1.99 to 1 to the dollar. Half price, if you will.

Senninaha; For engine cover struts, I bought a set from them for $90 US. They open about 1.5 in. more. The shock bodies aren't painted so you will have to prep and paint them black yourself if you want them to look stock. You can get stock, new, from JR at 1-888-Ray-Laks in New York for $30 ea. US.

Cheers
nigel

Silver Surfer
27-04-2007, 11:49 PM
Nigel,

Do you know the shipping cost for the struts? Aso do you know whether JR do the adaptor pipes for the 3.2 manifold/header for the 3.0 and O2 sensor extensions like SOS?

SS