PDA

View Full Version : power steering??

josewick
20-04-2007, 10:06 PM
Bit of a daft question but i quickly had a look under the bonnet and in the engine compartment and i cannot see anywhere to top up power steering fluid..

I would assume mine has PAS its a uk car 99 model.

Thanks

Papalazarou
20-04-2007, 10:24 PM
Bit of a daft question but i quickly had a look under the bonnet and in the engine compartment and i cannot see anywhere to top up power steering fluid..

I would assume mine has PAS its a uk car 99 model.

Thanks

Sorry, but ha-ha

Cheers,

James.

josewick
20-04-2007, 10:46 PM
don;t just laugh ... !!!

Give me an answer (lol)

TheSebringOne
20-04-2007, 11:36 PM
Hi, your 1999 will definately have a speed sensitive PAS system thats light at parking & stiffens up at motorway speed! Only the earliest H/J Regs X had unassisted steering, unless you have a Type R X ! Sounds silly but have you checked the drivers manual?

Papa, since I've no idea what you look like, is the Simpsons character an indication of how I expect to spot you at your Japfest !? Ha Ha ! ;)

josewick
20-04-2007, 11:38 PM
there wasn;t one with the car mate.. I am sure i will find it if I spend long enough.. I only had a quick look today and i thought I will jumped in with a question before i spend my hr lunch break.

thanks

NSXGB
20-04-2007, 11:51 PM
A bit of a guess for me, as I have the better non pas model :p .

I would say that it has no fluid resovoir if it's electric pas?

josewick
20-04-2007, 11:52 PM
so NSX has an electric pas rather than the pump with reservoir then?

TheSebringOne
20-04-2007, 11:53 PM
Just checked the driver's manual, no mention of having to change or top up PAS fluid in any of the service shedules! Also the diagrams of where to locate the fluids top up in front or engine bay, does'nt even show one !! A bit strange, sorry I can't be more helpful, perhaps someone whose more hands on or a DIYer can enlighten us? :D

TheSebringOne
20-04-2007, 11:55 PM
That rings a bell, its an electric system, ding dong ! :D

britlude
20-04-2007, 11:59 PM
if it's any help (not much here so far).... the NSX, if it has power steering on your particular car, will be electric assistance, no pumps/fluid/stuff!

if this was all an elaborate wind up, then sorry!!! another question.... is the PAS rack the same ratio as the unassisted rack?

NSXGB
21-04-2007, 12:04 AM
if it's any help (not much here so far).... the NSX, if it has power steering on your particular car, will be electric assistance, no pumps/fluid/stuff!

if this was all an elaborate wind up, then sorry!!! another question.... is the PAS rack the same ratio as the unassisted rack?

....it's about time someone produced a 'quicker' ratio rack for the NSX...at a reasonable cost....in fact Jon, you're a clever chap, what are you doing this weekend? :)

britlude
21-04-2007, 12:15 AM
you will have to join the end of the queue!

TheSebringOne
21-04-2007, 12:23 AM
On the issue of steering racks too, shame Honda did'nt change it's tanker like 3.1 turns lock to lock, the X nemesis the Porker is 2.5 !! A 3 point turn is rarity on an X, more like 4-5 pointer, which is a little embarrassing when getting out of a cul de sac ! :D

NSXGB
21-04-2007, 12:43 AM
you will have to join the end of the queue!

If you need help on the production line, give me a shout...

britlude
21-04-2007, 08:40 AM
On the issue of steering racks too, shame Honda did'nt change it's tanker like 3.1 turns lock to lock, the X nemesis the Porker is 2.5 !! A 3 point turn is rarity on an X, more like 4-5 pointer, which is a little embarrassing when getting out of a cul de sac ! :D

the 4-5 point turn in a cul-de-sac is down to the turning circle of the car, and the maximum angle the wheels can turn to, not the number of turns the steering wheel does going from lock to lock....

the higher the number, the lighter the steering, the porker, being rear engined hasn't got so much weight over the front (don't go quoting front/rear split weights to me) so can get away with a quicker rack

BTW did you know the first chrome bumpered 911's had over-riders on the front made out of cast iron, to try and give the front wheels a chance to grip!!!

Kevin
21-04-2007, 09:31 AM
There is a guy here '710' and on prime that has had quick racks made up by Quaife. He has a LHD so has made LHD racks, but they need to take apart and check that a RHD is a mirror, before they can make RHD racks.

710, or Peter as his is real name, doesn't seem to come round here often.

The NSX steering ratio is nice, as it doesn't jump about when trying to keep in the straight line on a motorway. However on a track I did notice a big difference between the NSX and my friends Cerbera. I guess the steering ratio is also like it is because of the high castor angle the steering gets really heavy in corners at speed.

Silver Surfer
21-04-2007, 02:04 PM
Kevin, You noticed a big difference between the NSX and the Cerbera in a positive or a negative way?

SS

Lankstarr
21-04-2007, 02:22 PM
Kevin, You noticed a big difference between the NSX and the Cerbera in a positive or a negative way?

SS

I can't believe you're asking that :lol:

Silver Surfer
21-04-2007, 02:27 PM
Lack of self esteem......needs reassurance. ;)

SS

Kevin
21-04-2007, 04:36 PM
Well the TVR just has a quicker rack. I nearly turned into the grass at the first corner.

josewick
21-04-2007, 06:46 PM
thank you guys...

Papalazarou
21-04-2007, 08:21 PM
Guys, I have a problem, I can't find anywhere to put coolant into my 76' beetle:p

Cheers,

James.

P.s, really let down by the lack of piss taking in this thread.

Silver Surfer
21-04-2007, 09:27 PM
Guys, I can't seem to find the spare wheel on my Honda Ninja Bike?

SS ;)

josewick
21-04-2007, 10:47 PM
you guys are taking a pi$$ :)

I will give you a good slapping at japfest if i can make it (lol)

Papalazarou
22-04-2007, 08:16 PM
Sorry couldn't resist.:p

Cheers,

James.

mutley
22-04-2007, 08:44 PM
Sorry couldn't resist.:p

Cheers,

James.

AYE, it's not like you is it??

Papalazarou
22-04-2007, 09:03 PM
AYE, it's not like you is it??

I know, very strange, it's almost sinister. :p

Cheers,

James.

P.s, has anyone seen my sky hook?

mutley
23-04-2007, 12:07 AM
I know, very strange, it's almost sinister. :p

Cheers,

James.

P.s, has anyone seen my sky hook?

Do you know there IS such a thing as a sky hook!!

But the one you're referring too, it over in the corner beside the tin of Tartan paint.

Papalazarou
23-04-2007, 09:53 AM
Do you know there IS such a thing as a sky hook!!

But the one you're referring too, it over in the corner beside the tin of Tartan paint.

Is that one near the long weight?

Cheers,

James.