PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Street NSX on Testosterone

Silver Surfer
19-04-2007, 12:30 AM
The muscle car it can be. Piece of art!

http://videos.streetfire.net/category/Acura/1/1ebc0101-5ed3-48aa-b8a1-990e00c74ca0.htm

SS

TheSebringOne
19-04-2007, 01:24 AM
After a slow build up (drumming my fingers) Very nice, what were those 2 small light blue screen like things either side of the nitrous? I assume it was nitrous? if so has anyone in the UK fitted one and what kind of short gain of extra BHP do you get? :rolleyes: Not sure of the music, sounds like something from Damien !?!

Sagacitas
19-04-2007, 09:45 AM
I suspect the blue bits were some sort of speakers.

Very nice paint job - I like that color. :)

Richard

DTA-Motorsport
19-04-2007, 09:57 AM
This car is currently up for sale on feabay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CUSTOM-WIDEBODY-NSX-NOPI-NATIONALS-WINNER-BEST-OF-SHOW_W0QQitemZ160106188506QQihZ006QQcategoryZ5337Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It's a stunning car - love the colour (House of Kolor Cany Apple Red). And it's got HRE wheels, IMO they have the most stunning selection of alloys.

:)

Dan

Papalazarou
19-04-2007, 02:08 PM
OOOOH bidding at £25K already!!!

britlude
19-04-2007, 04:33 PM
the small screens each side of the nitrous bottle are monitors for the stereo/playstation/whatever... I will never understand the point of fitting them in the boot!

as for how much bhp gain you get, it depends on the size of nitrous kit! (and being american derived, it's fairly simple as they are sold as 50bhp, 100bhp,150bhp, etc kits!)

TheSebringOne
19-04-2007, 04:45 PM
Papa, you fancy another X ?! ;)

Britlude, can the kit be fitted to a standard N/A X, I assume they are not popular as could potentially damage your engine? So I guest no one has had them fitted in the UK? :rolleyes:

NSXGB
19-04-2007, 04:50 PM
I believe the nitrous kit would have to be set up correctly to avoid detonation etc. i.e. additional fuelling. A look on Prime might be in order if you are interested to gauge the pro's and cons....

Kevin
19-04-2007, 07:49 PM
How is it that only Americans can take a Japanese car that is meant to look like European 'exotica' and then make it look well........American?

markc
19-04-2007, 09:40 PM
www.noswizard.com

Properly designed and developed (British) N2O kits that are simpler than, as well as kinder to and and safer for your engine than most turbo or supercharger kits.

There is a noswizard (Highpower systems) equipped NSX NA1 Auto pounding the UK drag strips running low 12 sec 1/4 miles on street (treaded) tyres!

Senninha
19-04-2007, 11:09 PM
What about tuning the ECU to provide performance improvements? Surely this would the most reliable and sensible way to extract power?

My understanding is that this is certainly possible for turbo'd cars but I dont know if the same applies for the NA NSX engine. Does anyone have any information?

regards, Paul

britlude
19-04-2007, 11:21 PM
nitrous usually is more symathetic to the engine as it's only stressing it for a relatively short time compared to turbos/blowers.

basically it's a pair of solenoids, one injecting nitrous into the intake (as the oxygen source) and another injecting extra fuel (as the fuel source!!!) That's it at it's simplest (ie for go-peds and scooters, yes, really!) and it gets more sophisticated, from single point, to multi-stage, with exotic controllers to feed in the BHP boost, rather than just one big 150BHP hit!

absolutely no idea what the ECU will make of it, but as with most things where there's a will, there's a way!

TheSebringOne
19-04-2007, 11:26 PM
DTA How come you know the exact colour? Do you know this X personally? Shame the lower side skirts are slightly lighter in colour than the rest of the body. The wheels are very tasty as you said.

Kevin The Americans are good at anything in the OTT department, but this is nice conversion I think!?

Since its over 2 Dollars to 1 Pound Sterling at mo, might even be a better buy! Especially if one of those show gals are included, might be tempted !

Simon, may be we should invest in some nitros for the BBQ, we could all have a great laugh abeit induced artificially & speed up the cooking process ?!

ctrlaltdelboy
05-05-2007, 11:38 PM
DTA How come you know the exact colour?

the colour code ( or color even :D ) is stated in the spec in the ebay for sale ad.

went for $55k - not a bad price 'as is' considering the exchange rate, if an OTT show style NSX is your thing, however when you factor in £1k to ship, £3k duty and £6k vat plus whatever the SVA costs are these days, it doesn't look so attractive, especially considering you'll be sat in the wrong seat when you're driving it!

the vid was pretty dull - was waiting for it to 'get started' for ages, then it finished!