PDA

View Full Version : Old review but good read

Minch
12-04-2007, 08:08 PM
Oh look Simon's car being driven just how it should be driven . . . .

I quite like this review, makes a goo read. Thought I'd share it with you as I hadn't looked at it for a while . . .

http://www.lotusespritworld.co.uk/ERoadtests/PerformanceCar_Aug97.html

Rob_Fenn
12-04-2007, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the link.

Impressive 0-100mph time there...

TheSebringOne
12-04-2007, 11:33 PM
Great read too, those porkies, can't get rid of em, but they've been around for 3 decades?! Even older than the X ;)

Minch
12-04-2007, 11:35 PM
I remeber buying Top Gear magazine at the same time. My dad had a 4.2 Cerbera around that time. Soooooo fast!!!

TheSebringOne
12-04-2007, 11:44 PM
My neighbour had one too in BRG, an early 4.2, sounds awesome when cold as it gurgles past, but then saw it being towed back alot of times! No car on the planet back then, gave you more bang for your bucks! Shame whats happen to TVR up the road from me in Blackpool, but thats the British car industry for you. How can the former Russian owner and now new owner, puts the company into administration or receivership, keeps the rights to the name, then puts the highest bid and then buys it back!!
Heard hes building them in Italy with Bertone, Rickard in UK will build engines, then mainly for US market with annual production of 6000, might have to put ABS and TC on em though! Britain will get an allocation of 400 apparently!

Senninha
13-04-2007, 01:06 AM
My dad had a 4.2 Cerbera around that time. Soooooo fast!!!

My neighbour used to run one of these in a light Blue metallic. Great looking and sounding car but worse than a Yank for traction. This thing would spin in 3rd in the dry, 5th in the wet. In the 2 yrs he had it, it visited the armco of wet motorways twice. He replaced it with an Evo.

TheSebringOne
13-04-2007, 01:17 AM
Evo are awesome, like them more than Scoobies! Slightly off X topics and a bit more about Trevors, My Ex used to love TVRs, I explained I would'nt dare get one for the same reason "slippery when wet or dry", no ABS or TCS? suicidal I told her and thats why I brought a NSX!! She saw a guy before me who had a Tuscan, wrote it off and he was a traffic policemen too! Enough said on TVRs, but great looking motors & used to be British, now may be to be resurrected as an Italian with a Russian boss!! ;)

simonprelude
13-04-2007, 09:26 AM
I can remember driving a Tuscan a few years ago (must have been around 2000) up the A38 towards Exeter race course, on the test drive I was told to give it some welly, then minutes later I was politely asked to back off :)

simonprelude
13-04-2007, 09:31 AM
I prefer the video version of the review :)

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1459725198

Kevin
13-04-2007, 10:52 AM
My friend has a 4.2 Cerb. I've driven it at Silverstone and Bedford.

Pants.

gumball
13-04-2007, 05:07 PM
Have I got nsx/rose tinted glasses on or do those other cars look ancient

"NSX becomes reluctant to change tack quickly", bo**ox

mutley
13-04-2007, 09:26 PM
Have I got nsx/rose tinted glasses on or do those other cars look ancient

"NSX becomes reluctant to change tack quickly", bo**ox

Yeah I agree. I see it a lot when people ask " nice car what year is it" and the reaction when I say a 1991. Raises many an eybrow.

Jim

TheSebringOne
13-04-2007, 11:05 PM
Well its a timeless shape/design & still look fresh after all those 14 odd years ! Wish I could say the same myself, how much is botox ! ;)