PDA

View Full Version : Awesome wheels!!

TheSebringOne
11-04-2007, 10:57 PM
Think these were sold out by SOS, but still available here or Euro! One of the best looking alloys for the X :D , but touch pricey!? :rolleyes:

http://www.envyperformance.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=1257

Silver Surfer
12-04-2007, 12:11 AM
They are good but I still prefer the Prodrive GC-05F.

SS

TheSebringOne
12-04-2007, 12:19 AM
Well if we all had the same taste, the world would be boring place, Prodrive alloys are nice, but look too motorsportish for my liking & they are associated with Scoobies.:rolleyes: Suppose they are light! :D R u a secret scooby fan?! ;)

Senninha
12-04-2007, 12:38 AM
One of the best looking alloys for the X :D , but touch pricey!? :rolleyes:

http://www.envyperformance.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=1257

HI James, a good looking wheel. My only concern would be the close resemblence to the F430 wheel. You wouldn't want passersby thinking you had a Ferrari now...would you?

TheSebringOne
12-04-2007, 12:57 AM
Hi Paul, I did'nt even think of that, thanks for pointing that out & being wise! Or I could replace the H badge for a yellow horse & confuse the clueless masses that its a F355! ONLY JOKING !! :lol: Mind you just checked out some close ups on SOS,those Prodrives do look tasty :rolleyes:
Having said that my OEMs are in very good nick, just fancy a change!?Those T5's are £1800 squids and the Prodrives $2500 without shipping, so would have to think hard as new boots have to be purchased too:(
Are you blitzing all the threads ! Enjoy as I'm off to ZZZ & dreaming about alloys, sad I know !!!

Silver Surfer
12-04-2007, 01:02 AM
You're probably right regarding my scoobie inclination. I was always up for giant-slaying and underdog support. The scoobie did catch my attention when it was first released and for BHP/sterling, you can't beat it. ;)
It'll be a great run around as a daily car.......for my family of 4.

SS

TheSebringOne
12-04-2007, 01:15 AM
I must admit the same here too about Scoobies when they 1st came out, brought in an era of affordable 4 wd, turboed & super car scaring in a family saloon. Still love its grandaddy the Integrale though,My dream garage would at least have a X Type R & a dealers collection Grale, plus a few more ! :D Good night ZZZZZZZ

Rob_Fenn
12-04-2007, 04:04 PM
They're too pimp for me! My cousin has identical wheels on his Corsa...

I love the Prodrives though :D

TheSebringOne
13-04-2007, 12:05 AM
Thanks guys,the concensus is they not quite right for the X, like you all said they look like F430, a bit like the RS4 and now a corsa!! The Pro drive seems to be a hit, have to think very hard as need new boots to go with them and even by getting them cheaper from SOS, probably looking at £1300 smackers before shipping for the wheels & new boots £500! :rolleyes: If they are a bit too bling, might get some spinners ! ;)

TheSebringOne
13-04-2007, 10:56 PM
I am sorry but I am having a mad wheel rash at present and found these with a new potential vendor! :D

http://www.flatironstuning.com/shop/pc-1057-999-prodrive-gc05-wheels-nsx-fitment.aspx

http://www.flatironstuning.com/shop/pc-1058-999-enkei-rpf1-nsx-fitment.aspx

http://www.flatironstuning.com/shop/pc-1061-999-prodrive-gc06-wheels-nsx-fitment.aspx

http://www.flatironstuning.com/shop/pc-1062-999-prodrive-gc07c-wheels-nsx-fitment.aspx

Senninha
14-04-2007, 10:27 AM
I am sorry but I am have a mad wheel rash at present and found these with a new potetial vendor! :D

For my 2p's worth...
Option 1 - No - have seen on Prime and dont look right
Option 2 - Yes - most agree this is a good clean wheel that will suit NSX
Option 3 - No - look old/out dated
Option 4 - Yes - would bemy choice if looking at after market rims as they look OEM - check out CrazyMixedUpKids thread on his mods

Dont forget to check offsets / weight / tyre options

Good luck

Paul

TheSebringOne
14-04-2007, 01:08 PM
Paul! I think we all have different taste, theres seems there a mixed reaction to which ones the nicest !

1. Seems popular with some, but too motor sportish? ( Scoobies)
2. Enkei seem popular, so you say this maybe most popular in the club, but the rim edges seem really thick?
3. Agreed
4. Yes they look like OEMs !! Mine have been refurbed and look very well, so if there the nicest in your wise eyes, then maybe I should just keep em for now !! Save my hard earned dosh as would need new boots too & my rears OEMs tyres only changed less than 1000miles ago!.

Thanks for the views and advice guys,GGGGRRRRR but still thinking ?!?! :D :rolleyes:

Kevin
22-04-2007, 11:09 AM
Just looking though those wheels the fronts are all 7.5" wide. This means the tyres will be the standard NSX sizes.

If I were to get new wheels they would be 8" wide at the front, then there are more tyre options available.

I would say it's pointless getting new wheels if the tyre availability situation isn't improved by doing so.

Though I did like the look of all those wheels. I like the Enkei's the most.

CrazyMixedUpKid
22-04-2007, 10:18 PM
I'll just chip in here - choosing a wheel you like the look of is only the 1st hurdle ... I would make sure you do your due diligence on offsets ...

Use a a tool like:

http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

to make sure you know how much 'further out' your rims are going to be ... this also depends greatly on your suspension height ... I'll wager every picture you've seen of 9.5 inch rear rims with a 44 offset is on a car that has been lowered (this tends to tuck the tops of the wheels in).

... depends what look you're after!

Maybe experiment with some spacers on your OEMs to 'see' what you like the look of before you spend all your hard earnt dosh.

Oh yes - and make sure whatever ones you choose clear your calipers!

TheSebringOne
25-04-2007, 12:51 AM
Thanks Guys, more food for thought, but good yummy food or wheels! ;)
CRAZY,how come you know so much & what size are your wheels/tyres combo? James

Senninha
26-04-2007, 04:23 PM
James,

Maybe another option if you like the style??

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87090

Says not keen to ship but I'm sure you could persuade seller...

regards, Paul

CrazyMixedUpKid
27-04-2007, 11:56 AM
James - I'm no expert!

I just spent about 2 years deliberating on wheels! The first question it took me a long time to answer was - do I even need new wheels!? If you ignore the looks for a moment there are lots of 'issues/ factors' you need to think about ...

- rubbing issues (go too wide at the front and you might be in trouble)
- caliper clearance
- offsets - you don't want your wheels hanging out the side of car - or do you?! ;-)
- weight
- grip (go much wider at the back and not so wide at the front = understeer ... remember those Honda engineers did a pretty good job balancing the car in the first place)

In the end I decided to take the plunge and knew I wanted larger diameter - 17 front - 18 rear. One of the things I was adamant about was I was NOT going to have wheels that were anywhere close to sticking out the side of the car - not a look I'm into.

I was also wary of wider rims at the front - you'll see many posts on Prime relating to rubbing issues with 8 inch fronts - some do - some don't - seemed a bit of a lottery. I have driven another X with 8 inch fronts and that had major rubbing on full lock.

So my ideal was 7 or 7.5 front and 9 at the rear. (i.e. pretty much 2002 OEM width) - just 17 and 18 diameter.

I had run my OEM (16 and 17) with a 5mm spacer on the front (plus longer lugs) and an integral stud 15mm spacer at the rear and I thought the 'look' in terms of offset was perfect - so I was trying to find wheels with offsets that matched this set up. Nightmare.

In the end I had to compromise on the rear width to get the offset I wanted - so my wheels are the same as my OEMs in terms of width ... also helped keep the weight down I guess ...

17x7 +47mm (stock is +55 so this is 8mm further out)
18x8.5 +46mm (but using a 3mm spacer = +43 ... stock (pre 2002) is +60 ... so this is 17mm further out)

Tyres are 215 40 17 and 255 35 18

I still wish I could have got a 9 inch rim at the rear - but hey - the only wheels I liked the look of didn't come in that size - what can you do!

You might think I'm mad getting new wheels the same width as OEM - but mine is a daily driver - performance was not my main concern - call me an old tart - it was the asthetics of 17 and 18 that I really wanted!

I'm very happy with the look as it is quite understated - i.e. from the back it looks stock! No obvious humungo wheels on it.

Good luck!

TheSebringOne
27-04-2007, 12:21 PM
Thanks the two Pauls!

Paul ( Senninha ) I will have a proper look at home as the download is wee slow here at work , yes on my lunch if you asked !! :D

Paul ( CMUK ) Do you like my abbreviation? You say your no expert? but it seems you have now acquired the knowledge thru two years of research & deliberations !! Are you coming to Japfest, I could have a look at your wheels & set up if you do'nt mind? By the way if your coming, are you bringing Clive? The talented ape in the cockpit or was that in the Clint Eastwood films !? ;)

mutley
27-04-2007, 12:24 PM
Thanks the two Pauls!

Paul ( Senninha ) I will have a proper look at home as the download is wee slow here at work , yes on my lunch if you asked !! :D

Paul ( CMUK ) Do you like my abbreviation? You say your no expert? but it seems you have now acquired the knowledge thru two years of research & deliberations !! Are you coming to Japfest, I could have a look at your wheels & set up if you do'nt mind? By the way if your coming, are you bringing Clive? The talented ape in the cockpit or was that in the Clint Eastwood films !? ;)

Sorry to go off topic, but Every Which Way But Loose was on telly last night!

(P.S the Ape's name was Clyde)

TheSebringOne
27-04-2007, 12:31 PM
Thanks Jim, are you sure your not a film & kids films buff !! You seem to know alot ! ;) Bring on those Transformers !

mutley
27-04-2007, 12:53 PM
Thanks Jim, are you sure your not a film & kids films buff !! You seem to know alot ! ;) Bring on those Transformers !

Just reliving my childhood, loved those films first time round.