PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust prices

reg
05-04-2007, 12:28 AM
I am being provisionally quoted ~1K for an ehaust. After I had recovered from the shock I explained that H&S did know how to make them and were circa £6-700 for the equivalent. However, this is a one off is very local and I am being told it will produce decent results. It looks pretty good on paper 3 1/2 round tips rolled with perforated baffles, single centre box (similar to the Tubi) with all the bottlenecks of the standard setup removed. Designed with a view to fit high flow cats and their headers, maybe ceramic if the price is right? They know what they are doing and are flat out with F1 stuff at the moment, which is good and bad. Question is what would you pay a local company to make one with the other price in mind? When I started coughing at the price they were fairly quick to ask about the NSX community and clubs etc. Can't think they will offer it as a loss leader but you never know?

Lankstarr
05-04-2007, 07:02 AM
Hi reg,

I'm not questioning the ability of these guys but think that for a grand people would rather go for a Tubi or other tried and tested make. Maybe these would eb better as these guys are F1 pedigree but the 02+ cars have a better exhaust than us already and the numbers of 3.2 pop ups mean that demand is likely to be very low; even if the price is right! Once the few on here have bneen satisfied it's unlikely that they'll be selling cratefuls even if they were offered stateside. Just my opinion and you may ask "what does he know about exhausts?" the answer is bu99er all but 2p is better than nowt!:D

L*

Kevin
05-04-2007, 07:16 AM
If they are going to make more than set, ie start mass production, then they will have to make a jig to be able to make the exhaust without having a car present. To do a one off, they can make it up as they go along, on your car.

I don't see it worth any other companies time to start production of headers. I'm guessing they don't know how many NSXs are in the UK.

reg
05-04-2007, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the replies.

My main worry is the price as I am sure that if you increase the bore of the inlets to the silencer and use more open the baffles the engine will breathe better. I couldn't find Tubi being sold anywhere although I agree it is one of the nicer sounding exhausts. I have heard the H&S and that also sounds good to me. If they can't match the cheaper price then I think it's not worth the extra hassle that may come from a 1 off. I'll see what they come back with!

TheQuietOne
05-04-2007, 12:08 PM
Hi reg,

I'm not questioning the ability of these guys but think that for a grand people would rather go for a Tubi or other tried and tested make. Maybe these would eb better as these guys are F1 pedigree but the 02+ cars have a better exhaust than us already and the numbers of 3.2 pop ups mean that demand is likely to be very low; even if the price is right! Once the few on here have bneen satisfied it's unlikely that they'll be selling cratefuls even if they were offered stateside. Just my opinion and you may ask "what does he know about exhausts?" the answer is bu99er all but 2p is better than nowt!:D

L*

Plus the fact IF they still made the Tubi it was circa £1800 I believe...lucky for me mine's being kept warm ;)!