PDA

View Full Version : hmmmm

tommy
09-10-2004, 08:19 PM
why is it when you finaly explain to people what an nsx is, they always seem to say 'why do you need a car that fast on our roads'. i say i never set out to buy a fast car, even though it is, what i wanted was a car that is different to the usual tin box, a car that makes you want to drive it just for the fun of it, not because you have to. a car that makes you feel special because you know that you are in a select club of owners. ok there are faster cars out there, more expensive cars out there, but the nsx has a personality of its own, how many people would still be buying fords or vauxhalls if they had remained almost unchanged for the last 13/14 years, so honda must have done a pretty good job to be still selling it. so the next time someone says 'what the hell did you buy one of those for' i will just quietly walk away happy that some people know about cars and some dont.

BrownBear
11-10-2004, 07:08 AM
" To those that do not understand, no explanation is enough… To those that understand, no explanation in necessary"

:)

ctrlaltdelboy
11-10-2004, 10:31 AM
just read my signature - says it all really

Welshman
11-10-2004, 02:08 PM
Q. But it's not a Ferrari?

A. Precisely

jaytip
11-10-2004, 07:12 PM
Q. But it's not a Ferrari?

A. Precisely
i wanted a car that i could use everyday with out the worry of a breakdown and without the worry of a nervous breakdown trying to use it everyday :wink:

DamianW
11-10-2004, 07:43 PM
I wanted to own the car that put the fear of God into Ferrari. The NSX is an engineering masterpiece, and now I own one.

Simple as that.

tommy
12-10-2004, 09:13 AM
would people still buy a ferrari if it had a skoda badge on, somehow i think not, they are just buying the name. boxters are for people who want a porsche but cant realy afford one but like to turn up to the pub on friday nights in it, the rest of the time they drive the 'wifes' fiesta. as for lamborghini, well the owner can spell anyway and most likely has a large overdraft. maserati=flat cap and pipe, it gets polished a lot but never gets used much incase it breaksdown. but take the best bits from these cars and what have you got...............something not even close to becoming an nsx

Nick Graves
13-10-2004, 04:49 PM
I always dreamed of owning a Ferrari 308GTS. Or any Ferrari, really.

Then Honda brought out the NSX, Ferrari the 348.

"Oh dear" I thought. The myth was somewhat exploded.

As time has moved on and the World became more infatuated by the significance of badges, I find myself far less uncomfortable with a Honda than I would be with a Ferrari, Porsche etc. They now carry too much baggage, rather than history, sad to say.

I was once admiring a 308 GT4 at a seaside. Whilst doing so, I had some miserable old git whinging at me about what was the point and how he'd got there in perfectly good time in his Morris Marina.

I chose to ignore his bitter ignorance and to continue to admire my X-1/9's big brother.

I can only recommend that you all do likewise! Long may the NSX remain an undiscovered treasure.

orangerocket99
13-10-2004, 08:51 PM
IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT CAR YOU DRIVE

THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF ANY CAR IS
THE NUT BEHIND THE WHEEL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

orangerocket99 :twisted:

tommy
13-10-2004, 10:21 PM
the one good thing i have noticed about owning a porsche, it allows you to park anywhere.......double yellows, dissabled bays, loading bays, etc.

Nick Graves
15-10-2004, 03:00 PM
the one good thing i have noticed about owning a porsche, it allows you to park anywhere.......double yellows, dissabled bays, loading bays, etc.

:D

The Boxster is actually a lovely car to drive, a sort of poor man's NSX, if you will. I was put off buying one by the reliability/servicing issues as well as that discomfort/awkwardness with the brand.

I don't get the 911 though. It's a snob's NSX with kids where the lump should be and the lump where the luggage should be!

tommy
17-10-2004, 10:19 AM
well all i can say is i wish it was january when i get mine deliverd, its a bit like the night before christmas when you were 5 years old, my other half still thinks its an S2000 i am getting, but i think she will like what i have got her for christmas, so i might not get nagged too much.

Nick Graves
20-10-2004, 05:36 PM
RAOFLMFAO

well all i can say is i wish it was january when i get mine deliverd, its a bit like the night before christmas when you were 5 years old, my other half still thinks its an S2000 i am getting, but i think she will like what i have got her for christmas, so i might not get nagged too much.

tommy
20-10-2004, 07:00 PM
when i first decided it was time to change my car i thought 'what do i get', finaly i thought, bring back the joys of youth, now being 48 and time is running out. i worked for a honda dealer for a lot of years so i knew how good the cars were then, so i thought they will be better now. as it happens there is a dealer about 500 yards from where i work so i dropped in one day just for a general look at the market. i knew about the S2000 and more or less made my mind up to get one. but something kept telling me NSX....NSX. so anyway the boss and i went along and the sales man took her out in it for a run, all was well BUT then came the....and how do we go camping in that, we will never get everything in there, i suppose thats the camping trips finished, (we love camping by the way). still in my mind though NSX.....NSX. anyway a couple of weeks later i called back to the garage and asked if it would be possable for them to get me an NSX. after a phone call they said they could do it, so i said 'ok get me one'. also to keep her happy about the camping trips i bought a new CR-V too, we collect that on xmas eve and she still thinks we are just getting an S2000.