PDA

View Full Version : Plans and more plans

reg
30-03-2007, 10:25 PM
Pads and lines have left the US finally and en-route to the UK. My garage partion that the last owner decided was a good idea is going to meet a large hamster tomorrow and once again become a double. I have a new dremel and have plans for the splashguards and a working design for ducts. Whilst it is up in the air may as well manufacture some Type-R bars, I wonder if replacing all the bushes would bring much gain? Coincidence has found a contact that works in aerospace and will make moulds, might be nice. As would the offer of some Snap-On kit that might be going cheap. A place that makes F1 exhausts has this week drawn up a prototype cat back section, should find out if they want to get involved next week. The exit pipes are 3 1/2 with rolled tips and perforated section inside. Was interesting listening to the guy explaining where the restrictions were as well as seeing that their take on the box was similar to the tubi rather than a canister design? Having seen the re-trim thread I now want to remove the ruffles and install some smooth perforated plastic or maybe alacantra the dash.

So with this thread I want to mark out from this date how little I will achieve and bring relief to fellow procrastinators :p

Kevin
30-03-2007, 10:42 PM
Do you think you're exhaust contact can help me with making some inserts for my tailpipes, to quieten things down a bit?

reg
30-03-2007, 11:08 PM
Do you think you're exhaust contact can help me with making some inserts for my tailpipes, to quieten things down a bit?

Hi,

I am sure they could, if they wanted too! I wanted a friend of mine who works in GP to make a cat back but fair play he said he didn't know what would work and what would make less power and sound like a$$, he gave me the contact. They are into F1 and race stuff, standard metals, ceramic and Ti. Underbody systems seem like a pain to them but they have some awesome stuff for Ford RS's'. I am waiting to hear if they want to make me something, seems odd but they are just down the road and have serious pedigree so I figure why not? From my limited knowledge of quieting rear sections 'some' silencing can be gained from using perforated tubes inside the tips. If they wont and you think that perf in the tips will work and you are prepared to remove the system then shoot me a PM as I know a fair few fabricators who could sort you out.

Senninha
30-03-2007, 11:13 PM

Kevin, I'll check with H&S next week if they could help out as an option for you

regards, Paul