PDA

View Full Version : Would it be worth....

NSXGB
26-03-2007, 05:26 PM
...fitting aftermarket headers and still using the standard exhaust system?

Are the 15 bhp gains quoted generally with an aftermarket exhaust or standard?
I would guess that it will improve things a bit but obviously teamed up with a suitable exhaust will unleash their full potential....

Kevin
26-03-2007, 06:02 PM
Figures usually include both. Though the headers make the biggest difference.

NSXGB
26-03-2007, 06:03 PM
Thanks Kevin.

Kevin
26-03-2007, 06:56 PM
Maybe I should add 'I read it on the Internet' that headers make the most difference.

Senninha
26-03-2007, 08:02 PM
Maybe I should add 'I read it on the Internet' that headers make the most difference.Where only the truth be written ;) I beleive also that the gains are more noticeable on 3.0 due to the 3.2 already having a 'simple' header rather the cast manifold job on the earlier models.

Depending on how you use the NSX, noise levels should be considered with all exhaust changes. I would think headers could make quite a difference to cabin noise ... HTH

Regards, Paul

britlude
26-03-2007, 08:51 PM
i'm thinking of changing my exhaust manifolds for headers, purely on the principle that this is a SUPERCAR, and i've seen sportier headers on stock shopping trolleys!

Kevin
26-03-2007, 10:28 PM
Depending on how you use the NSX, noise levels should be considered with all exhaust changes. I would think headers could make quite a difference to cabin noise ... HTH

Regards, Paul

YEAH, POSSIBLY. SORRY CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE NOISE OF MY EXHAUST.

I think they say on Prime that headers alone make for a deeper/nicer in cabin sound, nothing too bad.

Papalazarou
26-03-2007, 10:49 PM
i'm thinking of changing my exhaust manifolds for headers, purely on the principle that this is a SUPERCAR, and i've seen sportier headers on stock shopping trolleys!

I'm glad you said SUPERCAR because that came up in a letter in EVO the other day. Apparently a supercar must be expensive and impractical. This is why the NSX and 911 is in their 'coupe section' and the 355/360 is in the 'supercar section.'

Cheers,

James

p.s, sorry for hijacking the thread.

TheSebringOne
26-03-2007, 11:29 PM
Read same Evo article too, in my eyes it's Japan's only true supercar to date, lets hope the next X isn't going to be that so called uglyish concept GT! Mind u when it first appeared for sale in 90-91 it was a true rival for the not so good 348 & more than a match for the early 993,then the game moved on & maybe Honda should have up its stakes! Think the Type R was too limited (awesome that it is & love to own one), but a mass road going version rather than track one, may have given the X more credit than it gets! :rolleyes: Still love the X to pieces !! :D

NSXGB
27-03-2007, 08:35 PM
YEAH, POSSIBLY. SORRY CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE NOISE OF MY EXHAUST.

I think they say on Prime that headers alone make for a deeper/nicer in cabin sound, nothing too bad.

That's good, I put the test pipes on today and that has made it slightly louder, headers are next on the list of things to buy, don't want to make it too loud so the standard exhaust is staying put.