PDA

View Full Version : Smashed NSX in Edinburgh :(

simonprelude
26-03-2007, 12:55 PM
Hopefully not anyone on here :(

Anyone know of any up there that match the description.

Just got back into Edinburgh after a weekend in Aberdeen and there was a lovely looking blue NSX smashed up just after the roundabout between the Barnton and Maybury junctions. One middle age owner - seemed unhurt - looking rather sorry for himself as he diverted traffic around his destroyed pride and joy. It looks like he caught a tank slapper coming off the roundabout (dry btw) and put the front end through the central reservation.

The damage looked pretty heavy I've gunned it off that roundabout many times in the S2000 and it simply doesn't have the power to kick the rear out in the dry so clearly the NSX is something of a different animal!

Shame

Minch
26-03-2007, 12:59 PM
. . . but did the ABS modulator survive?

Kevin
26-03-2007, 01:37 PM
....or other bits?

(gearbox, some interior)

Are we going to become cannabalistic vultures in the future or what?

Lankstarr
26-03-2007, 02:05 PM
the poor guy's lucky you weren't in the vacinity Nathan or you'd have had the modulator off th tow truck.

Bagsy the rear bumpers and exhaust :D

gsuds
26-03-2007, 04:01 PM
You're all heart, you lot....;)

G

NSXGB
26-03-2007, 04:13 PM
....I think there was a chap on here that used to post who was from Scotland and had a LBB....Seem to remember he took a load of snow photo's, but could be wrong....

amo
26-03-2007, 04:42 PM
hope the bloke is ok

u lot
anything left for me lol

thx amo

Papalazarou
26-03-2007, 05:08 PM
It's definately shark season on this thread!! mmmm perforated leather:p

Cheers,

James

Senninha
26-03-2007, 08:11 PM
Not that many in the area, cant we find owner (if here) and pm to check whether not them or ok if it is?

So going on recent reports, a front end rebuild via the insurance company (and assuming the chassis is straight) is ITR of £18 - £22k. If the car was good before the accident, on an 03 in good color, retail would have been £40k. This is probably a marginal call IMO, whether to rebuild or write off.

Sensible bit over with, bagsy the side sills and door pieces please, if we find out where it goes.....

Kevin
26-03-2007, 10:15 PM
Pretty unthoughtful of the S2000 guy to just drive on, without talking to the owner so we can contact him.

Maybe we should have cards made up so we can follow NSXs around in case they have an accident? Bit like 'Lawyers for you' or whoever they are?

Disclaimer: The above text in no way suggests that 'Lawyers for You', follow around ambulances or any emergency service, hoping to gain from someone's accident. The name is purely fictituous any coincidence, implied or otherwise is purely unintentional.

TheSebringOne
26-03-2007, 11:57 PM
Kevin we are'nt that Americanised here in Blighty!? Where theres a claim = consult Kev! Senninha - crumbs did'nt think a big front shunt cost £18-22K!,must drive X more thoughtfully now! By the way & without sounding the opposite of thin!,the S2000 witness says" it looks like he caught a tank slapper coming off the roundabout (dry btw),comprende? Can soneone enlighten me. Cheers :rolleyes: :D

Senninha
27-03-2007, 12:01 AM
Senninha - crumbs did'nt think a big front shunt cost £18-22K!,must drive X more thoughtfully now! By the way & without sounding the opposite of thin!,the S2000 witness says" it looks like he caught a tank slapper coming off the roundabout (dry btw),comprende? Can soneone enlighten me. Cheers :rolleyes: :D

Costs based on Silver coupe that was written off 6 months ago with frontal damage but is currently being lovingly repaired by a new owner and member here.

Tank slapper in the dry?? Roundabouts are often site to deisel spills which might offer an explanation.

regards, Paul

TheSebringOne
27-03-2007, 12:11 AM
Thanks Paul for the enlightment,Thought it would be diesel spillage, wud'nt like it to happen to anyone especially here & with the precious X! You mentioned a silver one is being rebuilt with TLC, was it a case of the Insurers wanted to write it off, but the new owner wanted to rescue & save one these precious cars?! Oh are you not off to the land of ZZZ soon? Since I don't get in from work & gym til 7.30-8ish, I always miss out the fast pace banter at peak times !!! Bummer :(

Senninha
27-03-2007, 12:26 AM
Twas the evil D that caught me in the S2000. Would hope that if caught on dry road and in the X that TCS would offer some assistance ....

Sadly the owner at time of dent had not had for long. New owner I believe bought from insurer/salvage. Car was previously in A1+ condition so good base to restore. Haven't heard much of late so may still be collecting parts. Most mechanicals and bodywork should be ok but things like airbags may prove a problem to source.

Just finishing some work then zzz's are calling.

regards, Paul

gsuds
27-03-2007, 09:56 AM
Don't know many NSX'rs round here - me, Mutley (in N.I), Stewart (selling green targa), Classic Car Club.

Unless "passing through" Edinburgh - that's a link road from A90 northbound to M8/City Bypass. I did see a late LBB in Aberdeen a couple months ago.

Graham

mutley
27-03-2007, 12:57 PM
HI All, just got back to NI to start all my packing up, as for the Blue NSX in Edinburgh I don't know the owner, but my girlfriend said she's seen it twice on here daily commute into the city centre. Sounds like another one bites the dust sadly, but you never know maybe it looked worse that it seemed and wil be back on the road again sometime.

Jim

TheQuietOne
27-03-2007, 09:18 PM
Any idea on the reg?

Papalazarou
27-03-2007, 09:19 PM
Any idea on the reg?

About 5 ft 10" well spoken, drives a silver NSX.

Cheers,

James.

TheQuietOne
27-03-2007, 09:24 PM
About 5 ft 10" well spoken, drives a silver NSX.

Cheers,

James.

LOL very good sir, I like that one!

Papalazarou
27-03-2007, 09:27 PM
Damn it Matt,

you changed your avatar! I'd be tempted to take it personally, but we all know what you're running away from......denial denial denial!

Cheers,

James.

nigel
28-03-2007, 01:24 PM
Do you know if the headlight washer system is intact? If left to the lads there will only be a striped carcus left when we get done. There isn't much opportunity to salvage bits from an NSX. Minch, I do hope you get the brake modulater. How is it going with JR?

Cheers
nigel

TheQuietOne
28-03-2007, 01:52 PM
How is it going with JR.

Nathan, you sly dog, you didn't tell us you were dating a Dallas legend!

nigel
29-03-2007, 04:35 PM
That's JR at Ray Laks Acura in the US helping with parts.

Cheers
nigel

TheQuietOne
29-03-2007, 05:26 PM
Sorry 'twas a joke that didn't travel accross the pond very well....:D