PDA

View Full Version : Gaydon Honda Revs meet

DamianW
25-03-2007, 10:32 PM
A few snaps from todays Honda Revs meet at Gaydon. Presposterously, the NSX seemed to be the best represented car there!

http://www.navrady-wilson.org/nw-public

Silver Surfer
25-03-2007, 10:49 PM
Top turn out!

All the cars look sparkling. Did they all get a wax down and complimentary polish?

What did the Honda bigwigs conclude regarding the next NSX???

SS ;)

TheSebringOne
25-03-2007, 11:29 PM
Well done guys,some serious elbow grease & polishing done! I would have loved 2 be there,except its a long trek frm sunny Manchester!but Japfest is only 2 mths away! Any info on Honda's own X, who owned the S800?,R the 2 fair lights Xs part of the final 12? Oh I note Simon & some1 elses remove front plates,was this for the judging & did u use an electric or normal tooth brush 4 ur wheels Papa !? ;)

sorepaws
26-03-2007, 01:14 AM
darn I missed one ! - but it was great to meet everyone and see so many together - see you at Castle Combe

Papalazarou
26-03-2007, 09:43 AM
did u use an electric or normal tooth brush 4 ur wheels Papa !? ;)

They're really easy to keep clean, but then I do wash the car every week!

It was great to meet everyone. Only wish we'd got there earlier, but I had to make Matt wash his car before we set off! Maybe next time I'll actually get to walk around the museum!

Cheers,

James.

P.s, Great pics Damian.

gsuds
26-03-2007, 10:26 AM
[QUOTE=Papalazarou]Maybe next time I'll actually get to walk around the museum!

Cheers,

James.
QUOTE]

The museum's fantastic - really gives a sense of what a boundary-pushing company Rover (and Austin et al) was before these recent years. Some very interesting blind alleys....

Graham

DamianW
26-03-2007, 10:28 AM
P.s, Great pics Damian.

Thanks.

Forgot to mention, anyone wants any hires copies them PM me your email address and photo you want (filename or number) and I'll send them.

Hoping Seninha's mate will upload some of his as I had serious camera envy over his kit!

reg
26-03-2007, 10:46 AM
Top turn out!

All the cars look sparkling. Did they all get a wax down and complimentary polish?

Not mine!

Although will do better for Japfest:)

simonprelude
26-03-2007, 11:04 AM
Mine was a little dirty too :)

Front number plate, did they come with one ?? :D

Steveycaz
26-03-2007, 12:59 PM
Sorry I missed it. A colleague spotted a N-reg NSX tanking it down the M40 late last night (about 11). He couldn't tell me what colour it was :confused: ! Anyone here?

Martin
27-03-2007, 07:30 PM
Did anyone meet the Honda people regarding the next NSX?

Cheers
Martin

TheQuietOne
27-03-2007, 08:53 PM
It was great to meet everyone. Only wish we'd got there earlier, but I had to make Matt wash his car before we set off! Maybe next time I'll actually get to walk around the museum!

You have to blame me - we would have been there sooner if you hadn't washed yours too - like it wasn't already spotless!

Had a good day - and nice to meet a few new faces...roll on Jamesfest!

Senninha
27-03-2007, 11:35 PM
Hoping Seninha's mate will upload some of his as I had serious camera envy over his kit!As soon as he's finished producing a wedding album from the Saturday, hopefully b4 end of week

Did anyone meet the Honda people regarding the next NSX?

Had a good chat with them about various things Honda. The message was very much a positive response about a new flagship. The key issue for Honda would appear to be how to redefine the motoring experience as they did 16yrs ago, a feat that is giving them more than a few sleepless nights. As to what configuration - wasn't giving that info away. I did mention about Jamesfest so possible we may get them to appear, hopefully with Arytons car aswell :D and we can quizz them further.

regards, Paul

Senninha
26-04-2007, 08:22 PM
Hi All,

Apologies for delay in posting, been end of year / new year at work plus a new director who doesn't sleep!

Anyway, thought I'd better get these loaded so as not to clash with the Jamesfest photo's due in a few weeks ;)

regards, Paul

Photo's by Terry.

Senninha
26-04-2007, 08:23 PM
A few more.......

Senninha
26-04-2007, 08:27 PM
Last couple ....

TheSebringOne
26-04-2007, 09:02 PM
Paul, nice pics, just a few things to say!

Like the Silver X comparison, pre & post head light changes, who owns the pop up one & flush lights one?

Simon, P27 looks clean for a change! ;)

The Red car with a side exhaust, what was it?

A G reg NSX? thought the first few in the UK started on a H Reg?

Like the new CRV with its more modern look, like a smaller version of Q7. If I was to change to another 4 by 4 in the future, I would be tempted now!

Cheers :D

simonprelude
26-04-2007, 09:17 PM
G plate was the Honda pre production model.

Of mine it's just a strange picture, I can vouch that P27 was not clean, I did clean her before the day, however it rained on the M4 on the way there.

The post facelift 'Silver', is actually Nigels Pearl White :)

Senninha
26-04-2007, 10:22 PM
G plate was the Honda pre production model.

:) As driven by one Ayrton Senna when in the UK. Has covered around 1800 miles and spent most of its life in the Swindon / Slough training centre workshops. Honda UK has recently spent £10k to restore it. Sadly, part of the restoration programme meant it lost its unique slanted 5 spoke rims in favour of a set of OEM 7 spokes.

Nigels Pearl White is a great color; depending on light conditions as to what color(s) you can see in it. Extra photo added below.

I recently borrowed the new CRV in 2.2d format and according to the good lady I will be replacing the Accord with one of these. According to the Honda team present at Gaydon, there is an Auto version on its way so I may just wait a little longer.

The odd red car is this poor little CRX ...

TheSebringOne
27-04-2007, 12:42 AM
Paul, Senna's old car has only 1800 & not 18000 miles?, I assume it would always be Honda UK's own car because of it's previous owner. Shame about the CRX, was'nt that the one with the trick/complicated electric roof with countless motors, which incidently was before Mercedes brought out the mark 1 SLK! Nigels car is lovely, its one of the infamous final 12 I assume. I saw a earlier thread with the handing over of the keys from an illustrious group of non other than Nick Fry, Gilles Deferran & Anthony Davidson, wow! It seems that Nigel was given this car by Honda UK as his previous standard white NA2, does he work high up in Honda organisation? Oh so your'e going Auto again then !

TheQuietOne
27-04-2007, 07:28 AM
Paul, Senna's old car has only 1800 & not 18000 miles?, I assume it would always be Honda UK's own car because of it's previous owner. Shame about the CRX, was'nt that the one with the trick/complicated electric roof with countless motors, which incidently was before Mercedes brought out the mark 1 SLK! Nigels car is lovely, its one of the infamous final 12 I assume. I saw a earlier thread with the handing over of the keys from an illustrious group of non other than Nick Fry, Gilles Deferran & Anthony Davidson, wow! It seems that Nigel was given this car by Honda UK as his previous standard white NA2, does he work high up in Honda organisation? Oh so your'e going Auto again then !

The G plate car I have to say looked pretty rough to me. I reckon that with half that amount spent James could have any NSX looking 10 times better - which I think is a real shame. Non original wheels, painted calipers and panels that no where near matched in colour - plus a generally shabby feel were a real let-down. Never mind there are plenty of ther good ones out there! :D

P.S. Luke and I can vouch for how cool those CRX roofs are!;)

Lankstarr
27-04-2007, 07:55 AM
Happy 800 post matt!

TheQuietOne
27-04-2007, 08:16 AM
Happy 800 post matt!

Cheers buddy!

reg
27-04-2007, 08:50 AM
Like the Silver X comparison, pre & post head light changes, who owns the pop up one & flush lights one?

The pop up is mine :p

TheSebringOne
29-04-2007, 01:14 AM
Reg, what a fine choice! So we have two 99s 3.2s (not ice cream) in Sebring Silver & fixed roof, Maybe a manual too? If so, they were seperated at birth, long lost twins ! ;)

TheSebringOne
29-04-2007, 01:25 AM
Matt & Luke, have you both owned one of those trick CRXs?! Or just memorised by that side exhaust piped one at Gaydon? If my memory serves me right, think they did a Sol or was it Costa Del Sol limited edition in blue? :rolleyes: ;)

mutley
29-04-2007, 12:27 PM
How many NSX were in that first pic? I counted about 13/14?? And that looks like quite a lot. I am now trying to imagine Japfest with 40!!!

That is going to be some sight!

Jim

Senninha
29-04-2007, 07:41 PM
How many NSX were in that first pic? I counted about 13/14?? And that liiks like quite a lot. I am not trying to imagine Japfest with 40!!!

That is going to be some sight!

Jim
I think it peaked at 18 on the day Jim. Current record is 22 on two occasions, one of which is last years Silverstone meet for which there are several photo's of the group.

Hopefully the parking/display area will be good to show the cars well and there will be enough non reds to split the colors up and enhance the overall display.

regards, Paul

mutley
29-04-2007, 08:21 PM
I'm sure there will be a few other colours there to help mix up the red collection. 40 cars? that's going to suck up quite a bit of room I'd imagine, should look pretty damn impressive non the less.

Jim