PDA

View Full Version : Before I submit to CD defeat !?!

TheSebringOne
21-03-2007, 12:33 AM
And go2 a car stereo shop,I've managed 2 get the Bose CD casette out with creditcard & also removed clockfuse (cheers Matt,only had a go this wkend as jus back frm Spain),but same error code E-01!! Is unplugging the CD holder same as removing the clockfuse as this re sets everything or is the CD on permanent live? Any1 stereo minded wud be appreciated? Thanks :confused:

NSXGB
21-03-2007, 11:04 AM
Unplugging the changer will reset the changer as it gets power via the cd lead. Not sure though whether you have to reset the head unit as well, hence removing the fuse.

Have you searched on Prime? Seen lots on there about his.

Your other alternative is to buy the Alpine MP3 replacement changer....that is an excellent upgrade....Think it's a CHAS-634 from memory.

TheSebringOne
21-03-2007, 11:57 PM
Thanks,will give it a go this wkend,I looked underneath the changer,the wires are not plugged in,but are fed through a plastic spline gromet.If I start 2 open up the changer 2 see if I can unplug it from the inside,I won't get electrocuted? Is it on permanent live? The fuse is the infamous clock fuse? or is there seperate one for the CD? :confused: I will search the thread as stated. Cheers :D

TheQuietOne
22-03-2007, 09:33 PM
Hi James,

Sorry to hear it isn't fixed...the error code will be on Prime if you can get the search function to work - mine always throws an error code E-02 which it did last week and was remedied with the credit card and clock fuse trick.

Might be worth a straightforward post on Prime if you don't get on with the searches as I never can....

HTH

Matt.

reg
24-03-2007, 07:30 PM
.If I start 2 open up the changer 2 see if I can unplug it from the inside,I won't get electrocuted? Is it on permanent live? The fuse is the infamous clock fuse? or is there seperate one for the CD? :confused: I will search the thread as stated. Cheers :D

Hi,

It should only be 12V so it wont hurt even if you do wire yourself into a live circuit.;)

Can anyone link to the Alpine changer I think this would be a decent upgrade for me.

NSXGB
24-03-2007, 07:53 PM
;)

Can anyone link to the Alpine changer I think this would be a decent upgrade for me.

http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/alpine-chas634-6disc-changer-p-184.html

You will have to buy an ACU-ALP or UK equivalent connector lead which swaps two of the din pins round and makes the unit work ok. Otherwise you can de-solder and re-solder the pins if you want.

reg
24-03-2007, 08:35 PM
Thanks for that.

Kevin
24-03-2007, 11:31 PM
At the left corner of the boot, under the front panel, is the plug that the CD connects to. If you want to disconnect, then uplug it from there.

TheSebringOne
25-03-2007, 11:42 PM
More brains is better than 1! CD now working, did exactly as its says on the forum tin! & presto its working for the 1st time in ova a yr!! Then went on a storming drive! Quarter of a tank of V-power gone!, but well worth it. Felt my heart beating fast,this is what driving is truly about !:D :D

Silver Surfer
26-03-2007, 08:17 AM
How did you do it in the end?

SS

TheSebringOne
26-03-2007, 01:53 PM
Just located the connector, which was directly underneath/behind the CD changer, unlugged it, removed the clock fuse, replugged connector, then switched/pushed in the Radio/CD button (the readout shows a flashing set of dashes like " -- -- -- " when disconnected), then put clock fuse back in and presto the CD changer is reborn, the eject button even lights up & ejects too! Whoopee :D :D