PDA

View Full Version : My 1994 NSX

starchaser
16-03-2007, 12:32 AM
Hi all,

I love this photo so I thought I'd share it with you!

Cheers

CLP

Silver Surfer
16-03-2007, 01:42 AM
Looks brand new!!

Wish mine was as shiiiiiny

SS

nsx_vtec
16-03-2007, 09:20 AM
nice car buddy! :)

Senninha
16-03-2007, 10:12 AM
I really do like the original red/black 5 spoke design and yes, very clean! Looks like the interior has had a refresh?

Regards, Paul

rkanaga
16-03-2007, 01:29 PM
Looks great.

I see that you have had your OEM wheels refurbished (as I have) and like mine they have sprayed over the black 'H' in the middle. Being a stickler for detail I am looking at getting some replacement stickers made (the originals were stickers and not painted black). Let me know if you're interested as it may be cheaper to order a few sets at once.

regards

Robin

gumball
16-03-2007, 02:15 PM
isn't your wiper blade on upside down?

simonprelude
16-03-2007, 02:30 PM
Good spot :)

isn't your wiper blade on upside down?

starchaser
16-03-2007, 05:44 PM
Hi all,

Yes, she's a very shiny car. It takes ages to keep it like that but well worth the effort! I did have the wiper blade upside down...sorted now though. I had the wheels refurbished and they look great, forgot about the honday decals...yes if you can get some new ones I'm up for a set! The interior has been updated. The seats have been professionally recovered with red and black leather with an embroidered NSX logo. I dismantled he dash and fitted a wood kit that I bought from the states and it looks much better now. Just the door inserts to do now to match the seats.

It was always a critisism that the cockpit was to dark and it definitely looks and feels much better.

Cheers chaps, thanks for the comments

Clive

Papalazarou
16-03-2007, 08:15 PM
Very nice.....be good to see you at Castle Coombe on May the 19th.

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=2015&page=13

Cheers,

James.

Greybloke
16-03-2007, 10:01 PM
Where did you get the seats recovered? would you reccomend and can you say what cost?

starchaser
16-03-2007, 10:41 PM
Where did you get the seats recovered? would you reccomend and can you say what cost?

Hi, I used Duncan Smith (Automotive) Ltd in Stowmarket, Suffolk.

http://www.duncansmithdesign.com/

These guys were superb!, real pro's! They used the old covers as patterns and completely copied the original design where the seat meets the back in the bottom corners. I went for central red panels and head rests with black for the rest. They embroidered the NSX logo in the red panel...wonderful job! They were not expensive in my view. £300.00 per seat plus about £70.00 for the logos.

I took the seats to them when I went on holiday and as promised they were done when I got back. I now have that wonderful new leather smell!

I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

Oh, and I'll do my best to make the meet!

Cheers

CLP

Silver Surfer
17-03-2007, 01:09 AM
Any chance of posting some interior piccies?

SS

starchaser
17-03-2007, 09:22 PM
Hi all,

As promised some interior pics of my 1994 NSX. I have the door panel off and stripped out at the moment to replace the window motor so she's looking a little grubby inside! The flash has made the red appear a little brighter than it really is. I could have had perforated leather at the same cost but I preferred this type.

Cheers

CLP

Papalazarou
18-03-2007, 12:28 PM
Great fit on the seats. I need to do some readjustment on mine to get them just right.

Cheers,

James.

gumball
18-03-2007, 01:24 PM
seats look nice, though the woods "not my cup of tea".

starchaser
20-03-2007, 12:41 AM
seats look nice, though the woods "not my cup of tea".

It's obviously down to personal choice. For instance I work with 'fake' carbon fibre all day long and to me it looks bloody awful but some people seem to like it. I chose the woodgrain as it's identical to one of the styles that was offered by Honda under the Custom order plan......same with the seat style, close enough to me to look right and possibly original.

See you out there!

Cheers

CLP

Rob_Fenn
22-03-2007, 11:44 AM
Can't say i'm a fan at all, sorry!. Perhaps if the seats were all black there wouldn't be a clash with the wood...