PDA

View Full Version : painted all calipers

amo
13-03-2007, 08:22 PM
well changed the front tyres today 225 on the front now as i had the wheels off i thought id paint the cals
wot u think
not bad and i done the lot as well

thx amo

AR
14-03-2007, 12:25 AM
Looks good, what paint did you use?

Cheers,

AR

Rob_Fenn
14-03-2007, 10:09 AM
I've never been a fan of drawing attention to tiny standard brakes. I saw calipers done in hammerite silver and they looked cool but still OEM.

AR
14-03-2007, 10:16 AM
I've never been a fan of drawing attention to tiny standard brakes. I saw calipers done in hammerite silver and they looked cool but still OEM.

OEM is cool man :)

J/K Whilst I agree that some aftermarket brakes are better, there is not much wrong with the OEM set up with some nice Stainless lines, good pads/fluid and cooling.

For fast road use that is IMHO.

Cheers,

AR

Rob_Fenn
14-03-2007, 10:38 AM
Standard brakes have lovely feel, so i wouldn't change them until you have to either.

Senninha
14-03-2007, 11:24 AM
I've never been a fan of drawing attention to tiny standard brakes.
Which is why I went satin black when I changed the discs. Now you dont notice the brakes, just the wheel.

Nice detailing with the NSX logo.

regards, Paul

amo
14-03-2007, 05:01 PM
makes me all happy
well i used high temp gloss paint from halfords £4 or £5 for a small tin
done all of mine and my bros and thats 2-3 coats each and still 3/4 left

thx amo

Martin
14-03-2007, 09:49 PM
I think it looks good Amo.

Nice one.

Cheers
Martin

Lankstarr
15-03-2007, 08:13 AM
Amo,

That's exactly how I would do mine if/when I have the time.

Looks fantastic - a job well done :D

L*

rkanaga
16-03-2007, 12:24 PM
Looks good Amo. Did you file the NSX letters flat before painting them red, or just paint on top of the back paint?

TheSebringOne
20-03-2007, 01:21 AM
They look great as red letters matches the car colour. I need 2 re do my as the gold faded 2 a greeny gold, yuk!! Any suggestions 4 my Sebring silver body with OEM alloys? maybe red with black letters? Got smittened with gold calls on LBB, so thought they looked good on silver! Also finally got CD casette out with creditcard (cheers Matt), but same error code E01 even after pulling clock fuse, is pulling the clock fuse same as unplugging Bose CD & replugging? Is CD on permanent live? Cheers :confused:

Senninha
20-03-2007, 01:29 AM
Any suggestions 4 my Sebring silver body with OEM alloys? maybe red with black letters? Got smittened with gold calls on LBB, so thought they looked good on silver!
Satin Black with maybe the NSX logo in Silver would classy against the Sebring. IMO, red only works when its got Brembo running thro' the middle of it. Any light color will look at odds and isnt a good choice as the calipers are less then perfect finish.

regards, Paul

amo
20-03-2007, 02:12 PM
i agree black with silver nsx

and no i just cleaned them with break cleaner then a few coats of pain

thx amo