PDA

View Full Version : Simonprelude- Ebay bid 2 far ?!

TheSebringOne
05-03-2007, 01:23 AM
Hi Simon, I noted u may have made one early bid for a model NSX on Ebay? If that was u, thought u might have gone all the way? I watched this item thinking u wud bid again, but u did'nt, so I had a go with 2mins left, got outbidded with 2secs 2go by a Belgian!! Was gutted as they r rare like the real macoy as only racing 1s come up. It was a used white one, no box & 1/18th scale! :D Do they sell NSXs in Belgium? :rolleyes:

simonprelude
05-03-2007, 09:02 AM
I already have a white one, I was only going to repaint it.

What was annoying was the 1/43rd Orange type S that I was outbid on at the last minute.
I was out when the auction was to end, it was the first one I had ever seen for sale so was slightly miffed to lose out, especially when I had bid $30+ above the next nearest bid in the afternoon, oh well, win some lose some.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=015&sspagename=STRK%3AMEDW%3AIT&viewitem=&item=250087676366&rd=1&rd=1

WhyOne?
05-03-2007, 09:09 AM
.....I was outbid on at the last minute.
I was out when the auction was to end...

Simon, you need to start using auction sniping software!

There are several (free) programs out there, but I use this one with great success / reliability.

www.auctionsniper.com

(If you decide to give it a go tell them I sent you (ianl@scopic.com), that way I get 3 free snipes. (You will get 3 free snipes as a new member)

simonprelude
05-03-2007, 09:16 AM
I might register, but I usually just use the old fashioned way, bid to my limit and if anyone wants to pay more, it's up to them.

It sometimes works and puts other people off bidding, it's just a shame that ebay is a 7 day shop window where people only bid at the last minute.

TheSebringOne
06-03-2007, 12:27 AM
Simon, Is ur white 1 identical in every way 2 the one that was on Ebay? Where u get urs it frm? I've tried the two Japanese makers of model stock NSX (not racing ones), but sold out & only seem to make limited batches, which is bummer! Love 2 own a larger scale model in Sebring! Y do'nt u paint ur white 1 in the same colour as P7? There r brilliant & very detailed models of the last NSX R, but r limited editions & all sold out 2! Cheers :(
PS. Sent u a pm too.

simonprelude
06-03-2007, 10:53 AM
They do appear on ebay quite often, there is a company that seem to have quite a few White ones and Orange ones that drip feed them onto the market. There is a thread somewhere that Nigel (charlie:one) started showing the one he bought, they go for around £30 plus p&p, I'll see if I can find their details for you.

Simon, Is ur white 1 identical in every way 2 the one that was on Ebay? Where u get urs it frm? I've tried the two Japanese makers of model stock NSX (not racing ones), but sold out & only seem to make limited batches, which is bummer! Love 2 own a larger scale model in Sebring! Y do'nt u paint ur white 1 in the same colour as P7? There r brilliant & very detailed models of the last NSX R, but r limited editions & all sold out 2! Cheers :(

TheSebringOne
06-03-2007, 11:54 PM
Cheers Simon, will ask CharlieOne if he can enlightened me & thanks for ur reply to my pm earlier on. Thanks :D

TheSebringOne
06-03-2007, 11:59 PM
Hi CharlieOne, I believe u have purchased a model stock NSX & may know of the person or company that released or drip feeds em? Cheers James:o