PDA

View Full Version : Tight squeeze :(

simonprelude
02-03-2007, 05:39 PM
Should have measured really before moving, but it fits and there's plenty of room to get out of the drivers door.

Senninha
02-03-2007, 06:32 PM
You've obviously found a boy scout with a sponge and bucket...;)

simonprelude
02-03-2007, 06:33 PM
No those light conditions and car colour hide it quite well.

You've obviously found a boy scout with a sponge and bucket...;)

reg
02-03-2007, 06:34 PM
Looks very similar to the room I have. It goes in with about 1/2" on each mirror. I am thinking of ripping the centre post out so it is more useful as a workshop.

Every time I see that colour it makes me jealous.

Kevin
02-03-2007, 06:45 PM
Doesn't look like it goes all the way in.

Oo-err missus.

simonprelude
02-03-2007, 07:03 PM
No length is fine, got about half a car length in front of that.

Doesn't look like it goes all the way in.

Oo-err missus.

TheQuietOne
02-03-2007, 07:06 PM
No length is fine, got about half a car length in front of that.

You just have to brag don't you...;)

Senninha
02-03-2007, 11:10 PM
No length is fine, got about half a car length in front of that.So its just the width you have a problem with......?

TheSebringOne
03-03-2007, 12:18 AM
Simon ur r lucky!, where I used2 live, similar 2 urs with tight twin garages, but had a part dividing wall bewteen both, so can't open either doors! I had 2 line the car up, with steering pointing straight, fold mirrors inwards, push car in manually!! (good workout!) & had a plank screwed to the floor 2 tell me stop!! Lucky Im fit! Was gonna knock wall down deviding wall, but since moved out ! James Arnie " I will be back " :o

mutley
03-03-2007, 12:16 PM
Looks very similar to the room I have. It goes in with about 1/2" on each mirror. I am thinking of ripping the centre post out so it is more useful as a workshop.

Every time I see that colour it makes me jealous.

Same here, I think that i even scraped (OUCH) my pasenger mirror once, about an inch either side.

rsevo6
04-03-2007, 10:24 AM
Should have measured really before moving, but it fits and there's plenty of room to get out of the drivers door.

Get a stone cutting company cut off about 12,5 cm off each stone post and mount a 25cm wider door.

I had this done to the garage at my former house years ago and at that time it cost me the equivalent of about 700 UKp (cutting the stone posts and mounting a new steel door, door included in that price).

If you ever scrape the side of the NSX, it is gonne cost you more (not even concidering the pain of damaging your toy):rolleyes: