PDA

View Full Version : Spash guard removal

reg
01-03-2007, 11:15 PM
Has anyone had any issues after removing the splash guards?

Thanks.

edit damn those spash guards :lol:

Kevin
02-03-2007, 02:31 PM
Nope. I don't mean no-one has had any issues, but I haven't had any.

However I do plan to make some new cf ones, with a decent ducting inlet. So I get whatever benefits a guard provides, and cooling.

reg
02-03-2007, 03:16 PM
I have had read that when removed the suspension is more open to heat dissipation which can lead to joint failures? SOS have said that 10% of cars they have seen have been affected with the issue and advised a good plan b would be to remove 'most' of the guard leaving some to act as a heat sink.

Thought of modding the stock guards to take a decent size inlet flange but am now thinking that a big duct into them could funnel grit, stones etc.

Nope. I don't no-one has had any issues, but I haven't had any.

However I do plan to make some new cf ones, with a decent ducting inlet. So I get whatever benefits a guard provides, and cooling.

Kevin
02-03-2007, 03:37 PM
Thought of modding the stock guards to take a decent size inlet flange but am now thinking that a big duct into them could funnel grit, stones etc.

I guess thats possible, but some mesh or grid will be there. Also the inlet will be directed into the centre of the disc. My discs are two piece, and bigger than standard. So there air will pass through the vanes and not onto the disc surface.