PDA

View Full Version : Which New Tyres

unloaded
28-02-2007, 04:51 PM
I'm looking to replace all 4, price is definitely a criteria for choice as well as grip and wear rate?
Anyone bought some recently and found a good deal?

reg
28-02-2007, 05:32 PM
Hi,

Probably everyone's favourite subject and there is lots of good info on here. Very much depends on what wheels etc, etc you have as to what you can get hold as some OEM sizes are not available.

www.event-tyres.co.uk (http://www.event-tyres.co.uk) is a good starting point and also search the site under 'tyres'

HTH

simonprelude
28-02-2007, 05:35 PM
What year car and what size wheels ??

I am considering RE040 front RE050 rear as my next option on 16/17 wheel combo.

reg
28-02-2007, 05:56 PM
What year car and what size wheels ??

I am considering RE040 front RE050 rear as my next option on 16/17 wheel combo.

Simon,

Did you give up on the 010's from the US?

simonprelude
28-02-2007, 06:01 PM
Yes, they too are out of stock :(

Simon,

Did you give up on the 010's from the US?

TheSebringOne
01-03-2007, 01:22 AM
I replaced my rears with OEM Bridgestones last yr for a great price of £240 for a pair from a wholesalers, but its in Warrington ,nr Manchester. He did me deal as he owns a Accord Type R! Still got Dunlops fronts, I tried Dunlop UK in Brummyland, they stated still listed, but none in stock & will periodically make batches. I found one dealer who had Dunlops, but wanted £205 each !! Taking the mike, but suppose there scare now. Did'nt go for Yokos as best in dry, but tricky in the wet, faster wear rate, even though they've improved the wear rate from when NSX 1st came out. So went 4 Bridgestones as a compromise. Seems to be best all rounder! Good luck, let me know how u get on & wot u pick & price. Cheers :D

Silver Surfer
01-03-2007, 02:53 AM
I've got Toyo TR-1 front and Goodyear Eagles F1 GSD3 rear which seems popular for the non OEM tyres for the NSX. Grips well in dry and wet but shi!!t in the sleet/snow.

SS

TheSebringOne
02-03-2007, 12:40 AM
It seems alot of u have Goodyears Eagle F1s as an alternative to OEMs tyres,they last alot longer,maybe double or triple depending how u drive specially the rears & with their famous anti aquaplane grooves system, but are'nt they a compromise for the OEMs? I know tyre technology moved on since OEM were designed for the NSX, but the manufacturer made the OEMs just for the handling characteristics of the car. I had F1s on my old curve shape old Honda prelude 2.3 & they were brill as FWD.I suppose as OEM tyres are scarce,retailers charge what they like. I changed both rears to Bridgestones lasy yr, but still got Dunlops fronts, rang Dunlop UK in brumland, said still listed, but not in stock, make batches but when ?, manage to find a pair, but GULP !!!!! at £205 each. Mind u F1s look great!
So my question is unless u drive ur car to near its limits, F1s are good alternative to OEMs? or you have slightly compromise grip, but much better wear rate. Phew sorry that was long! :confused: :D

simonprelude
02-03-2007, 11:59 AM
Without drastically changing the sizes, there seems to be three alternatives at the moment.

Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD2/3 Front GSD3 Rear
Bridgestone RE040 Front RE050 Rear

Or a curve ball

Hankook R-S2 K212 ??

Alternatively, only available from the US and I don't think DOT approved

Azenis RT they are highly recommended everywhere, however as said above, not available in the UK and possibly not DOT approved.

I have tried for quite a while to get hold of either OEM Bridgestone, Yoko or Dunlops and no one has them in stock. I can get the Yoko's from the states at $$$'s above my need to stay OEM. So tried the Eagle F1's. My fronts are rather old when I tried them and this could be the lack of grip I am feeling, however I am not convinced.

I am seriously thinking about going for the RE040 / RE050 combination however if you look on the Bridgestone website and select the NSX, they state that they cannot recommend any tyres for the car from their current line up.

Confusing or what.

F1s are good alternative to OEMs? or you have slightly compromise grip, but much better wear rate. Phew sorry that was long! :confused: :D

NSXGB
02-03-2007, 12:23 PM
What about the Khumo (sp) Ecsta sport, apparently they offer some very reasonably priced options for the NSX that some people swear by. They came out at £250 ish for a set of 4!!

Without drastically changing the sizes, there seems to be three alternatives at the moment.

Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD2/3 Front GSD3 Rear
Bridgestone RE040 Front RE050 Rear

Or a curve ball

Hankook R-S2 K212 ??

Alternatively, only available from the US and I don't think DOT approved

Azenis RT they are highly recommended everywhere, however as said above, not available in the UK and possibly not DOT approved.

I have tried for quite a while to get hold of either OEM Bridgestone, Yoko or Dunlops and no one has them in stock. I can get the Yoko's from the states at $$$'s above my need to stay OEM. So tried the Eagle F1's. My fronts are rather old when I tried them and this could be the lack of grip I am feeling, however I am not convinced.

I am seriously thinking about going for the RE040 / RE050 combination however if you look on the Bridgestone website and select the NSX, they state that they cannot recommend any tyres for the car from their current line up.

Confusing or what.

nigel
07-03-2007, 06:00 PM
Last week I saw a post from someone here about new Potenzas, RE-55? I think, that they said weren't avialable in the UK. I have been trying to find out about them again and I can't find that post . Please help me find it or any info about them.

Cheers
nigel

Minch
07-03-2007, 06:05 PM
http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=2352

This should help . . . .

unloaded
09-03-2007, 05:17 PM
New shoes fitted!

I went for replacement Bridgestones on the front 215/45/16's.
And one Falken rear, 245/40/17.

I had forgotten that following a puncture last year I had replaced one of the Bridgestones with a Falken in desperation.
I am in no way recommending the Falken's but decided to stick to at least the same tyre across the axle!

Total cost for the 3 tyres = £300
Tracking was free because when they checked it out, it was all perfect to the settings recommended on Prime.......