PDA

View Full Version : Rear tyres wearing in the middle

madras
26-02-2007, 09:20 AM
Is there any reason to be worried if the rear tyres on a wearing out in the middle long before the edges? Pressures have been correct, or if anything, under inflated.

Thanks

simonprelude
26-02-2007, 09:50 AM
The first thing I would have said was pressures, what tyres are you using as the OEM tyres have stiffer sidewalls than most, so any other tyres could well need different pressure's.

If it's just the centre as well then I'd say unlikely to be geometry ??

How hard do you drive, the 'harder' driven NSX's will wear the edges more.

madras
26-02-2007, 10:14 AM
OEM Bridgestone POTENZA S-03

previous owners tyres so can't be sure how hard it's been driven.

mutley
26-02-2007, 11:15 AM
That's usually a classic sign of over inflation, so as above, I'd check you tyre presure

Jim

Steveycaz
26-02-2007, 05:50 PM
That's usually a classic sign of over inflation, so as above, I'd check you tyre presure

Jim
But recommended pressure on the rear was 40 psi - it would be difficult to accidently over-inflate to that degree!

Nick Graves
27-02-2007, 05:01 PM
Overinflation most likely. How's the ride/handling?

It could be a combination of too much toe & zero camber, but that's unlikely.

madras
28-02-2007, 01:15 AM
could it also just be hard acceleration in a straight line? my merc has the same on the rear.

madras
08-03-2007, 01:20 PM
what do pressure do people recommend for different tyres on the NSX. Or should we always stick to what the manual says, ie . Front: 2.3bar (33psi); rear: 2.8bar (40psi)

thanks

simonprelude
08-03-2007, 02:40 PM
Whatever makes the car handle :)

Different tyres will have different characteristics at different pressures, with anything other than OEM it's a bit suck it and see.

If going up in size, it's usually advised to increase the pressure slightly.
OEM size tyres might need higher pressures also if they have softer sidewalls to try and maintain the same compliance.