PDA

View Full Version : Honda dealer open day

reg
17-02-2007, 01:46 PM
Invited to an open day at the local dealer to 'look' at a Type-R Civic. It was on the test route so thought why not? Anyway it was pretty busy and there was a bloody Boxster out front, luckily for everyone he left a spot between himself and the entrance to the showroom so he could be hidden ;) . He was talking to a sales guy when some random bloke said to me as I got out 'Good to see a proper car here', the face on him was priceless :D Have to say the Porsche did look a bit ordinary at about a foot and a half taller next to the X! Anyway the CTR wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to look but will know more next weekend when I go back for a drive.

The interest the X generated was unreal. I know the bloke who runs the dealer and left quickly as I felt a bit sorry for him selling the mundane stuff that Honda seem to be turning out these days.

'Proper car' :lol: that will keep me amused all day long! Look for a fairly new Boxster on Autotrader sometime soon! Back the footy now but had to get that one off my chest!

mutley
17-02-2007, 07:37 PM
Nice one Reg, I wasn't there but I'm smiling at the comment too :) would have loved to seen the look on Mr Porche Boxter's face.

Jim

Senninha
17-02-2007, 11:13 PM
You see, this is all it takes to stop the battery going flat ;)

Always nice to put the cockster in its place, however achieved.

reg
17-02-2007, 11:58 PM
You see, this is all it takes to stop the battery going flat ;)

Always nice to put the cockster in its place, however achieved.

:lol:

Think I will keep it to myself that I needed a 1990 Toyota Carina to get it started though :p