PDA

View Full Version : relay locations diagram(the ones behind the seat)

jaytip
15-02-2007, 02:05 PM
Can somebody point me in the right direction for one of these please.I am taking my car to an auto electrician at 2:20 this afternoon because my car is sometimes cutting out straight after i start it followed by rapid ticking behind the seats.From what i have read on prime it could be the main relay with a dry solder problem.Obviously time is short but i would appreciate any help.
I'm also going to be searching prime although i don't know if their relays are the opposite of our cars or not:confused:
Cheers.

simonprelude
15-02-2007, 02:59 PM
I think it is located behind the passenger seat. As to where, sorry :(

reg
15-02-2007, 03:14 PM
I think it is located behind the passenger seat. As to where, sorry :(

Yup, mine had the relay re-soldered.

Will try and find you the link to a thread....

The relays are located behind the rear panel behind the seats, so now after only one day of ownership I was stripping the car apart. Removing the panel was simple, a few clips and done, and I could see all the relays. In fact there are quite a few relays and "black boxes". Found the fuel pump relay and again no power, so now check the main relay. Hang on, its not there!!!...well it should be to the right of the ECU, but no!..now I though I was in trouble. Trying to work things out from a 91 manual on a 99 NSX. I searched and searched for the relay but I couldn't find it....I thought it is going to have to go to the dealers. So I decided to search NSXprime, and it must have been my lucky day because there was a post asking the same question, where is the main relay? In turns out that it had been moved to the right of the ECU. In fact I had to take the rear side panel off behind the drivers seat and the weather strip to find it located to the right, behind a mass of wiring. Eventually got the relay out and pulled it apart and what did I find was a "dry" solder joint in the circuit board. A quick resolder of the joint, plugged it back in and the NSX started first time, with no problems...this brought a smile back to my face.

And here (http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82918&highlight=main+relay)on Prime.

HTH