PDA

View Full Version : New Seat(s) Wanted!!!!

Minch
14-02-2007, 05:11 PM
Hi Guys,

As some of you may know I've been after a new drivers seat for a while now. I haven't had much luck trying to source one. Too be honest I'd buy a pair but the passenger seat is in pretty good condition so even if another passenger seat out of a LHD NSX became available I'd be interested.

Anyone out there thinking of racing their 02+ NSX? Want to sell your interior? I'd be even more interested to do this!

Keep your eyes out fellas.

Cheers

Papalazarou
14-02-2007, 05:49 PM
There was an interior on Ebay last week. I don't think it sold.
Try www.autolinemotors.co.uk

Cheers,

James.

Minch
14-02-2007, 05:52 PM
Thanks James. Enquiry now sent! Might be a bit old i.e. as worn as mine, but worth a shot anyway.

Nathan

Minch
14-02-2007, 05:59 PM
Bliemy, that was quick! Just had a call back from Ian at Autoline. Aparently they won't sell just the seats . . . its the whole trim including 'buttons and all'. The cars done 68,000miles. They want £400 plus VAT for the lot.

Hmmmm . . . does anyone know the car? Is it worth the trip? (I wonder how much they want for the ABS modulator . . . )

reg
14-02-2007, 06:08 PM
Bliemy, that was quick! Just had a call back from Ian at Autoline. Aparently they won't sell just the seats . . . its the whole trim including 'buttons and all'. The cars done 68,000miles. They want £400 plus VAT for the lot.

Hmmmm . . . does anyone know the car? Is it worth the trip? (I wonder how much they want for the ABS modulator . . . )

Apparently it was rolled and lots of it is a bit of a er......mess! Has to be a great bet for a modualtor, with luck they won't have a clue what they are worth?

simonprelude
14-02-2007, 06:21 PM
£400 plus VAT sounds a good price for the seats to be honest, there are a couple of small pieces of interior trim I am after, so if you do buy it I'd be interested.

I can get someone to look at it for you if you want ??

simonprelude
14-02-2007, 06:23 PM
Also would probably have the passenger seat as an office chair :)

TheQuietOne
15-02-2007, 02:07 AM
Hi Nathan,

Just checked, and if you want me to go up to Autoline, I have a good customer in Stoke so can always find a reason to pop up there...let me know if you want me to cast an eye and take some snaps for you...? :D

Cheers,

Matt.

AR
15-02-2007, 09:15 AM
Nathan I am interested in a new center console as well if you buy the lot.

Cheers,

AR

WhyOne?
15-02-2007, 10:11 AM
I would be interested in the inside door handles if they are a/ available and b/ in excellent condition.........it sounds like most of the interior could find a home here fairly quickly - this could make for some very cheap seats!

rsevo6
15-02-2007, 10:37 PM
400 for a complete interior?? Sounds like a bargain to me!!

Minch
16-02-2007, 12:44 AM
Blimey, sounds like it might be worth getting if all you guys want the bits I don't want.

Matt / Simon . . . if you could pop up there and take a peak (maybe some digi photos!) then it would really be useful.

Cheers chaps

WhyOne?
16-02-2007, 08:48 AM
Matt / Simon . . . if you could pop up there and take a peak (maybe some digi photos!) then it would really be useful.

Cheers chaps

Go for it chaps!

(Piccies of the interior door handles would be appreciated - mine have one or 2 very small chips and for some bizarre reason Honda use white plastic to mold these, and then paint / coat them black. If they chip/scratches, the damage is very noticable. Having said that, permanent black marker pens hide the chips very well indeed!)

Senninha
16-02-2007, 09:29 AM
Hi All,

Not wanting to burst anyone's bubble but please check complete including 'buttons and all' is the whole INTERIOR and not just the whole SEAT. I say this because the ebay sale was £400 for the complete pair of seats.

Fingers crossed that its the lot. If it is Nathan may I have first dibs on the removable part of the ashtray that never came with S2 and the cigarette lighter if not used.

Good Luck, Paul

(PS, wasn't Brettwood(??) looking for s/wheel and passenger airbag for the rebuild of Beano?)

WhyOne?
16-02-2007, 09:38 AM
(PS, wasn't Brettwood(??) looking for s/wheel and passenger airbag for the rebuild of Beano?)

If so, and if the local car doesn't yield a steering wheel, I noticed this yesterday - may well be worth a punt given the flakey state of the $!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acura-Honda-NSX-JDM-Steering-wheel-airbag-From-Japan_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33704QQihZ009QQit emZ190082311020QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Minch
16-02-2007, 10:10 AM
Hi Paul,

Its definitely the whole interior as he made a point of it. Carpets, door cards, the whole lot! I can't see there being that many takers for the parts and probably just wants to get shot of it ASAP.

rsevo6
16-02-2007, 09:06 PM
That is definetely a bargain M8te, jump on it before he realises what he is selling.

TheQuietOne
25-02-2007, 07:29 PM
Anyone know if this is still there? For some reason I missed the second part of this thread where there was a response to my offer - sorry!

If you're interested as well Simon, you could come up to mine and then we could do the last 75 miles together to have a look! Just a thought...

simonprelude
02-03-2007, 12:52 PM
It looks like these are now for sale on ebay, anyone interested, the seats do look a bit worn to me :(

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-NSX-Black-Leather-Interior-Seats-Parts_W0QQitemZ270094813496QQihZ017QQcategoryZ3017 2QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Minch
02-03-2007, 01:23 PM
Yeah, these were the guys that I called a few weeks ago. I think he said the car had 63k miles on the clock, hence the tired looking drivers seat.

I still think the way to go would be to buy a left hand drive passenger seat i.e. our drivers seat. Only problem is that I haven't looked closely at the seat belt arrangement to see if it would work.

simonprelude
02-03-2007, 01:32 PM
I am tempted to buy these, then buy a retrim set from www.leatherseats.com and make these look mint, then keep my standard set :)

Kevin
02-03-2007, 02:46 PM
I still think the way to go would be to buy a left hand drive passenger seat i.e. our drivers seat. Only problem is that I haven't looked closely at the seat belt arrangement to see if it would work.

The drivers and passengers sides of the car are not the same width. The passenger gets less width. I would check to be certain that a right side seat, from a LHD car, will fit. I learnt of the differences when making the seat mounts for my seats, the two sides of the car are not mirror images. Also when you line up two seats side by side, you will see the differences.

simonprelude
02-03-2007, 03:01 PM
Well I have put a bid in, I don't think I'll go higher, so if I get bid then so be it.

Anyway, if I do win, form an orderly queue with requests for parts.

Senninha
02-03-2007, 11:30 PM
Simon,

....may I have first dibs on the removable part of the ashtray that never came with S2 and the cigarette lighter if not used

I dont think it had a bid last time around. Surely if someone is interested it would be from here anyway

Good Luck, Paul

AR
02-03-2007, 11:52 PM
Nathan I am interested in a new center console as well if you buy the lot.

Cheers,

AR

Simon if you go for it let me know.

Cheers,

AR

simonprelude
04-03-2007, 12:31 PM
Well I have bid £350 and have someone to pick the bits up if needed, so will let you all know.

Simon if you go for it let me know.

Cheers,

AR

Minch
04-03-2007, 02:07 PM
The drivers and passengers sides of the car are not the same width. The passenger gets less width. I would check to be certain that a right side seat, from a LHD car, will fit. I learnt of the differences when making the seat mounts for my seats, the two sides of the car are not mirror images. Also when you line up two seats side by side, you will see the differences.

Well I'll be damned! Wouldn't have thought that. Thanks for the tip Kevin.

simonprelude
06-03-2007, 11:42 AM
Bid cancelled and items sold not via ebay.

Is ebay a shop or just a shop window ?? MAKES ME ANGRY.

Well I have bid £350 and have someone to pick the bits up if needed, so will let you all know.

Senninha
06-03-2007, 12:15 PM
Just a thought, but maybe the parts are required back in the vehicle they have been borrowed from??

I would hope they are from the one written off last December, however, there is the recently stolen one that would also serve as a good parts supply........hopefully its the former.

regards

simonprelude
06-03-2007, 05:02 PM
No it was all sold to someone else for £500 to put in a kit car.
Just as I was working a deal out with www.leatherseats.com for a group buy :(

Just a thought, but maybe the parts are required back in the vehicle they have been borrowed from??

I would hope they are from the one written off last December, however, there is the recently stolen one that would also serve as a good parts supply........hopefully its the former.

regards

Senninha
06-03-2007, 05:19 PM
No it was all sold to someone else for £500 to put in a kit car.
Seems a strange choice, they're not exactly light weight :confused:

Just as I was working a deal out with www.leatherseats.com (http://www.leatherseats.com/) for a group buy :(
Why not start a new thread if the deal is tempting - certainly seems to be some interest. Are you going for the earlier roushed look or the newer pin-hole style? If the latter, any thoughts about the door cards?

regards, Paul

simonprelude
06-03-2007, 06:03 PM
Just waiting for some samples, will reveal all when I know the prices, but yes, was going for a type S style interior with the middle of the seats and door cards in Orange. Obviously would rather have type S seats, but beggars can't be choosers and all that.
Just not sure now that I won't have a spare set of seats, we'll see.

Seems a strange choice, they're not exactly light weight :confused:

Why not start a new thread if the deal is tempting - certainly seems to be some interest. Are you going for the earlier roushed look or the newer pin-hole style? If the latter, any thoughts about the door cards?

regards, Paul

Greybloke
06-03-2007, 09:09 PM
Simon, all's not lost, I've got a spare set of seats which I brought last year so I could get my originals re covered. I only got as far as swaping them over, and have just not got around to organising a re trim of my originals.

I could be interested in the re trim kit, although I would probably look to get a "pro" to do it for me;) When it's sorted I will be looking to sell the old seats.