PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Questions

SimonB
07-09-2004, 07:51 PM
Hi Gents (and ladies??)

Picked up my new baby last week (03 coupe manual long beach blue - nice) and have a couple of technical questions - wonder if you more experienced persons can shed some light!

1) there seems to be a lot of gear thrash when the box is in neutral and the clutch is out (ie the idler is turning) - is this normal? It's not loud - just not silent.

2) Is the horn push actually connected to a real horn - or does it just encourage a gnat to fart into a trumpet - cost that's what mine sounds liike. Is this normal?

Many thanks in advance

Simon

Kevin
07-09-2004, 08:18 PM
Yes for both. The gearbox/clutch does seem abnormally clunky for a Honda.

The horn is more a polite warning to other people, rather than anything more alarming.

Welshman
08-09-2004, 10:06 AM
03 Coupe Long Beach Blue - good choice mate. :wink: :wink:

I don't have the gearbox thrash you mention except a bit when its cold. Certainly nothing when it's warm.

As for the horn your description is good and accurate.

SimonB
08-09-2004, 10:20 AM
Yes I have to say Welsh it was yur car that persuaded me that paying the extra for LBB was worth it - thanks for the videos & piccies......

Welshman
09-09-2004, 06:33 AM
Yes I have to say Welsh it was yur car that persuaded me that paying the extra for LBB was worth it - thanks for the videos & piccies......

Simon

Didn't know LBB was an extra :shock:

Glad you liked the video although the credits go to my neighbour, Pete.

SimonB
09-09-2004, 07:14 AM
LBB not an extra - but in my case (buying secondhand) I had a choice of 2 cars - a red targe at £x and a blue coupe at £x+. And looking around the market all the LBB cars were very firmly priced. The other colours were much softer.

Hence 'twas "pay up or shut up". I paid.