PDA

View Full Version : Santa Pod 10th October - anyone interested?

BrownBear
07-09-2004, 11:26 AM
Hi,

I've been looking into some possible venues for us to get together at -

Does anyone fancy going to Santa Pod on 10th October? It's reasonably central and should be easy to get to (for us wimpy southerners anyway)

Details are here-
http://www.japshow.com/***%20performance%20show/index.htm

Cheers
Joe

Kevin
07-09-2004, 08:14 PM
Mmm, but aren't those shows a bit Fast 'n' Furious?

BrownBear
08-09-2004, 07:49 AM
I guess they are - but it depends what you make of it -

I found JAE and the Kent Modified show quite good because even though there were other NSX's there and you can meet other NSX owners there are other cars/owners/clubs there too.
So people can meet up, have a bite to eat a look around the other clubs as well...some of the engineering on the other cars is pretty interesting and some is laughable, but then that's the fun.

(Castle Combe was pretty good too, but you can only look at a line of NSX's for so long before you start to glaze :shock: )

It's just an idea....

Cheers
Joe

Kevin
08-09-2004, 09:42 PM
It's OK. Though anyone that comes up to me and says, 'That's one of those twin turbo Nissan jobbies isn't it?', is going to get a punch in the neck.

Paul
08-09-2004, 11:02 PM
It's OK. Though anyone that comes up to me and says, 'That's one of those twin turbo Nissan jobbies isn't it?', is going to get a punch in the neck. :lol: ... like it ... not sure if I'll be in the country ... but if I am and if I can make it ... I'll do my best to get there.

lotusolly
10-09-2004, 05:11 PM
Spoke to the andy barnes (owner of the 1000 bhp skyline thats being featured everywhere lately) and he tells me that their are some rather special events going to be happening at santa pod on the 10th!! Tried to prize some more imformation out of him but he was staying tight lipped as his company is involved but he says it will be well worth a visit

steve

BrownBear
11-09-2004, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the info, Steve.

Current list of those who have expressed an interest so far is

Joe
Kevin
Allister
Rick
Steve (possible)
Paul (possible)
DamienW (possible)
jk38 (possible)

(I'll update this thread with the list + directions etc as we get closer to the date)

DamianW
11-09-2004, 01:44 PM
May well pop along if I've nothing else on, but I can't say these max-power japfest things do much for me at all.

Kevin
11-09-2004, 08:24 PM
Well if you want to make this an event, I can move it to the events planning section.

jk38
13-09-2004, 05:19 PM
:?:

I am interested in coming along to this meeting, but was wondering what the score is..........i.e.

Do we get a 'club' parking spot together inside?

What time do we meet?

Do we buy tickets individually or as a club?

I understand it's a Japanese car 'run what you brung', but what else goes on at these 'do's?

It's just I'm coming from up north so don't want to show up and be dissappointed, I just want to know what the crack is from anyone whose been before.

Ta

jk38

BrownBear
14-09-2004, 07:30 AM
:?:

Do we get a 'club' parking spot together inside?

I'm organising this with the S2K club - should get a shared stand/parking area together.

What time do we meet?

Err - we could all meet inside the show (in which case everyone can turn up when they like) or perhaps someone local could recommend a good venue (in which case people have to be more or less on time :) )? ... TBA, at the moment

Do we buy tickets individually or as a club?

It depends - obviously I'm happy to get tickets for the 'definates' but then we have to be sure to meet up so I can distribute them - I think it's easier if we get tickets individually especially for those who aren't certain they can come along. Please let me know if (anyone) wants me to get these and I'll arrange them.

I understand it's a Japanese car 'run what you brung', but what else goes on at these 'do's?

To be honest, I don't have a clue - the S2K club have a link here

http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=174686

and they seem to think it was a pretty good day last year. I expect it to be similar to JAE (lot's of club stands, some traders, questionable food) but with the addition of drag racing - Maybe Panda (who posted on another thread) could enlighten us?

Hope this helps a bit - will keep you posted when I find out more.

Joe

PS: Kevin - if you'd like to move this thread, fine with me

BrownBear
14-09-2004, 08:27 AM
Current list of those who have expressed an interest so far is

Joe
Kevin
Allister
Rick
Pande
Charlie:one:
Steve (possible)
Paul (possible)
DamienW (possible)
jk38 (possible)

AquilaEagle
14-09-2004, 09:35 AM
Hi joe

I think it is a fantastic idea to get us both together. SantaPod, like all these meets is what you make it. It was a lot of fun last year.

Do you think any of you guys will run an NSX up the ¼ ?

Looking forward to it :)

BrownBear
14-09-2004, 10:03 AM
Hi joe

I think it is a fantastic idea to get us both together. SantaPod, like all these meets is what you make it. It was a lot of fun last year.

I'm already looking forward to it.:)
I've booked a joint stand for us both (22 cars in total, but this can be changed). (also posted onto S2ki)

Do you think any of you guys will run an NSX up the ¼ ?

I think a couple might - but I certainly won't be! :) Both the car and driver are too lardy to make an impressive time :lol:

Cheers
Joe

NOTE: Additional info - to get into the club area you need a 'club pass' which the organisers are sending me - thus we'll need to find a way to distribute those to people before the day (if we're not meeting up beforehand).

BrownBear
18-09-2004, 11:35 AM
Hi -

OK, I have the car passes for Santa Pod - if you'd prefer me to send them to you in the post, then please PM me...

I'll be sending a bunch of them to AE for the S2000 guys as well (Ian - how many do you need?)...

Cheers
Joe

AquilaEagle
18-09-2004, 07:59 PM
Take how many you need and send me the rest, I posted address on s2ki for you :)

I'll post mine out for the definates. Those who are possibles I'll try and arrange giving them passes on the day :) (this was a bit of a mare last year though!)

Rick
22-09-2004, 06:38 AM
Hi,
Just to let you know I still will be coming along to Santa Pod with my NSX, How do I get tickets and where from please.
Cheers
Rick

BrownBear
22-09-2004, 06:54 AM
Hi Rick,

If you pm me your address I'll send you a car park pass (which is free). Note, this doesn't get you into the site, you still have to pay on the door (£12), but it means they'll let you into the 'club area' so you can try to find us.

So far the list looks like this

Joe
Kevin
Allister
Rick
Pande
Russell
Steve (possible)
Paul (possible)
DamienW (possible)
jk38 (possible)

Looks like I'll need to get some more passes..

For those of you not sure if you can make it, I'll take some extras along. If you pm/mail me, I'll send you my mobile # and then if you turn up I can bring your pass to the gate.

Joe

BrownBear
28-09-2004, 07:09 AM
Hi,

Here's the status of those attending the Santa Pod thing in a couple of weeks -

(NB: EDITed again 2/10/04)

Passes sent to
Joe (!)
Kevin
Rick
Russell
jk38
Pande
DamienW
Allister

Pass kept for
Steve

Possibles-
Paul

If anyone who'd still like to come would PM or Email me I'll send them out. After next week, I'll just hold a few for the day so you can phone me when you get to the gate - if you PM/mail me I'll send you my phone number so you can ring me on the day...

Thanks
Joe

AquilaEagle
30-09-2004, 07:56 PM
Guys I'd recommend you swap mobile numbers - last year it was difficult to find the stands with no directional signage etc. I had to talk people in :)

Joe - we have each others - I'll give mine to the S2kip guys and you to the NSX guys ok?

Looking forward too it :)

Pande
04-10-2004, 06:07 PM
Thanks I recieved the pass and will see you there.

BrownBear
07-10-2004, 02:09 PM
Gates open at 7.00am, if anyone is feeling especially keen...

BrownBear
11-10-2004, 07:10 AM
Some pictures appear in the 'Past Events' folder - feel free to add some more...