PDA

View Full Version : 1991 OEM wheel price?

mutley
07-02-2007, 04:45 PM
HI all,

This thread maybe in the wrong place, but I would really like to change my wheels, but before I can do that I'd have to sell my OEM (15" front 16" rear) ones but I really do not have a clue how much to ask for them.

Anyone any ideas on the ie worth?? In very good condition for age, only a few very minor scrapes, no real curb damage.

Thanks
Jim

PS thinking of puttin 17" all round

simonprelude
07-02-2007, 04:53 PM
Tyre choice should be a lot easier.

As discussed previously, the main problem you will have on price is the demand for the wheels, they will not fit on a car with the later brakes so the market is somewhat limited.
Very few other cars would want them either.

However if someone does want them, then you can probably name a price.

Best bet would be for someone who wants a set as spare track wheels, can't see anyone paying much above £200 I'm afraid :(

PS thinking of puttin 17" all round

mutley
07-02-2007, 05:07 PM
Thanks Simon,

I suppose not, but yeah the tyre choice is a deciding factor about these wheels.

Anyway I suppose £200 is better than nothing, or I could always keep them as a set of track day wheels myself ( cheers, never thought of that!)

Jim

simonprelude
07-02-2007, 05:30 PM
Just don't go upgrading to '97+ brakes.

Anyway I suppose £200 is better than nothing, or I could always keep them as a set of track day wheels myself ( cheers, never thought of that!)

mutley
07-02-2007, 05:31 PM
Ahh good point, so your saying if I keep the wheels for spare,leave the brakes. If I upgrade the brakes, then bin the wheels.

Jim

sportyking
07-02-2007, 05:39 PM
I would keep the old wheels and old brakes and save a bit longer. The return you would get would be minimal, the early wheels that appear on Ebay often fail to sell. The car would be more attractive to a new owner, and keep a foothold in a wider market if it had all the parts to return to standard, regardless of whether or not it made sense to do so.

simonprelude
07-02-2007, 05:42 PM
I have to agree, if I bought a pre '94 car I would want it original.
That would include the wheels as the original design intended.

reg
07-02-2007, 05:47 PM
Have you checked ebay US? You never know.

mutley
07-02-2007, 06:27 PM
Thanks all, many good points brought up there. I think I'll sit tight for a bit and see what transpires in the future.

Jim