PDA

View Full Version : Best colour for an NSX

Papalazarou
05-02-2007, 06:32 PM
Somewhere buried in this site is a thread about which is the best colour to own. I Couldn't find it.

All things considered, this is my favourite colour, shame they never imported it into the UK.

Monte Carlo blue I think?

Cheers,

James.

simonprelude
05-02-2007, 07:10 PM
Are you sure ??
Thought I saw a UK car in that colour at Norton Way last time I was there ??
Circuit Blue ??

All things considered, this is my favourite colour, shame they never imported it into the UK.

Papalazarou
05-02-2007, 07:52 PM
You may be right Simon, but that really does look like Monte carlo blue to me, not circuit blue.

Here's something I found on Prime about which is the rarest colour (about halfway down the link.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73059&highlight=montecarlo+blue

also check this out;

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/General/colors/colors.htm

Cheers,

James.

reg
05-02-2007, 08:48 PM
I know its not a colour for the NSX but I really did like Championship White.

mutley
05-02-2007, 08:57 PM
Somewhere buried in this site is a thread about which is the best colour to own. I Couldn't find it.

Monte Carlo blue I think?

Cheers,

James.

That is a nice colour...........I suppose there is nothing stopping anyone getting a re-spray

Jim

Senninha
05-02-2007, 11:01 PM
I think theres only 2 in the UK, both from the last 12 registered NSX's, it has to be Silverstone for me please, with black trim, preferably from AR's mk1 Type R.

regards, Paul

simonprelude
05-02-2007, 11:27 PM
I like the colour between Silverstone and Magnum Grey Pearl, not sure what it's called, but again think it could be a JDM only colour :(

Lankstarr
06-02-2007, 08:57 AM
Y1 and W2 arew both circuit Blue, difficult to tell if it's the same as the MonteCarlo Blue posted by James above as it looks so different in different pics and lights. There was an American spec 3.2 Targa for sale about 6 months ago in a blue that looks a bit darker than the one posted but that is different to the Circuit Blue.. maybe this is the MonteCarlo?

From Paul's pics above my favourite colour has to be the Black - I am hoping that Simon will come back and tell me that is also a Targa - I'd pop on a Red badge and be happy as larry! Not wanting to make it look like an R when it's not, I just think that a red badge looks great on a black car and besides, mine has a red badge!

L*

Senninha
06-02-2007, 10:05 AM
I like the colour between Silverstone and Magnum Grey Pearl, not sure what it's called, but again think it could be a JDM only colour :(

Simon, is this the one? Kaiser Silver, available JDM and US.

http://www.jayspec7.com/forsale/nsx/nsx_forsale.htm

Very nice! Also agree with Luke that the Black looks good, particularly on the 02's

Regards, Paul

sportyking
06-02-2007, 10:25 AM
My first S2000 was Monte Carlo Blue and my NSX was Circuit Blue, so I can say from a well informed position that they are not the same colours.

There is no real purple tint in MCB. IIrc MCB was known outside the Uk as Monaco Blue, so this may add confusion to the subject.

WhyOne?
06-02-2007, 10:28 AM
Y1 and W2

Indeed so :)

Cue gratuitous pic's of Y1........though all where taken pre-beauty treatment (paint restoration/new front lip/wheels powdercoated re-sprayed) and it is notoriously difficult to accurately represent colours in photographs....let alone digital photos compreseed to hell and back and then displayed on a computer monitor.

Rob_Fenn
06-02-2007, 10:43 AM
I'd for for the pearlescent white.

Thanks to whoever posted the Prime links, finally found out that the NSX is 'Dark Charcoal.'

Minch
06-02-2007, 11:34 AM
I'm with Luke on this one. Black IS the colour to have!

NSXGB
06-02-2007, 11:44 AM
I love the black 02+ (especially with the black number plate), but not as keen on the pop up models.

simonprelude
06-02-2007, 11:48 AM
N111NSX is the car I have seen recently, looks good :)
No picture though.

Indeed so :)

Cue gratuitous pic's of Y1........though all where taken pre-beauty treatment (paint restoration/new front lip/wheels powdercoated re-sprayed) and it is notoriously difficult to accurately represent colours in photographs....let alone digital photos compreseed to hell and back and then displayed on a computer monitor.

Steveycaz
06-02-2007, 02:00 PM
One of the photo's that made my mind up to buy an NSX was a white popup with black roof and white alloys. The black on white made the car look incredibly low. white alloys? Like white socks, an '80s thing :D

Senninha
06-02-2007, 03:06 PM
This is one of my favourite photo's of a Blue NSX, not sure which shade but looks lovely with the aftermarket rims IMO.

WhyOne?
06-02-2007, 03:08 PM
It does look very nice indeed, but I really am very pleased that we dont have our cars blighted by those hateful orange and red reflectors!

simonprelude
06-02-2007, 04:15 PM
Is that Long Beach Blue ??

richmills
06-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Is that Long Beach Blue ??

It looks like it to me, although I'm not used to seeing one with the sun out :cool: