PDA

View Full Version : Lambo doors

NSA
04-02-2007, 10:42 PM
I know some of you won't like this, but does anybody know of a company in the UK that can do a proper swing-up conversion for my 97 NSX and how much it costs?

amo
04-02-2007, 11:29 PM
hi mate take a look on the skyline club site

seen a few lambo doors on all types of cars not the best

i considered it cost in japan 3.5k thats pounds did tell them to do it but cos of my kit it was a no go

theres to much movement when up and id u dont open fully u will damage the door card

dont do it
thx amo

TheQuietOne
05-02-2007, 12:18 PM
Please God NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I have never seen an aftermarket kit that isn't a nightmare to open or doesn't wobble like mad when it is up!

I can only hope this thread is an April Fool early!

Just my 2p of course!

mutley
05-02-2007, 01:12 PM
Well than, if you MUST go down thet route (I'm now expecting flak from TQO for even knowing this) try contacting Nemesis Performance 01527 839350 ( www.nemesisperformance.net ) Now I know they still do the Veilside Fortune Masity kit, but they used to do the lamdo doors seperately, so IF that's what you want , if they can't do it, they may be able to point you in the right direction.

Jim

TheQuietOne
05-02-2007, 06:03 PM
Chaps,

Well just to prove I'm not a totally miserable 27 year old, it would appear ironically that Nemesis is just round the corner from my factory (how odd) in the business park next door, so if you'd like me to pop round and ask them - and show them what it would be fitted to, I'd be more than happy?!

Jim, your breadth and depth of knowledge in parts suppleirs is something you should put down in one place at some point!

Cheers, Matt.

reg
05-02-2007, 06:13 PM
Chaps,

Well just to prove I'm not a totally miserable 27 year old, it would appear ironically that Nemesis is just round the corner from my factory (how odd) in the business park next door, so if you'd like me to pop round and ask them - and show them what it would be fitted to, I'd be more than happy?!

Cheers, Matt.

Hmmm.

Can you ask them if they have any electric superchargers in stock as I am looking for a few more HP

....sorry couldn't resist :D

mutley
05-02-2007, 09:00 PM
Jim, your breadth and depth of knowledge in parts suppleirs is something you should put down in one place at some point!

Cheers, Matt.

Matt You taking the piss!!

TheQuietOne
06-02-2007, 01:20 AM
Matt You taking the piss!!

Not at all. You seem to know a lot of places for a lot of thimgs, and I'm a gadget freak too - just not where the NSX is concerned!

Cheers, Matt.

mutley
06-02-2007, 06:08 PM
Ahh that's ok then. Yeah I have to admit, I do spend a lot of time browsing places for different things. There is a lot I'd like to do to my car, but trying not to go "overboard" and ruin it.

I'm on the process of trying to make it look more modern without spoilind the overall look. Once I start in earnest I'll do a thread with before and after pics, and if I get a slapping for the guys on here I know I've gone too far and rewind a little.

Jim

P.S I might do that list of places and companies for NSX stuff, maybe not everyones cup of tea but I'm sure it may be usefull for some.

DTA-Motorsport
07-02-2007, 02:13 AM
I believe Nemisis used to supply LSD "Lambo" door kits. I have seen these on various cars (ranging from Ford Focus to R34 Skyline) and feel I need to point out that the conversion is not ideal. You must first open the door the conventional "outward" way before swinging it up. Once up the whole mechanism is prone to excessive wobble which, in one particular case, has lead to the hinge breaking and the door falling off! I don't know how heavy NSX doors are but the car it fell off cause extensive leg and foot damage to the owner (of the leg :-)).

I have recently been in touch with a UK based company who are in the process of developing doors a la Koenigsegg (sp?). These appear to be stirdier and open fully vertically. It's not my cup of tea but to each their own.

Dan

Rob_Fenn
07-02-2007, 10:48 AM
Veilside do them.

http://www.veilsidejpn.com/fortune/nsx.jpg

AR
07-02-2007, 10:50 AM
Don't forget the extra weight that will need to be added if you are to reinforce them.

Cheers,

AR

simonprelude
07-02-2007, 11:01 AM
I have seen Lambo doors on Civics that have literally ripped the inner wings to pieces, good luck.
I was going to put them on the Prelude, then thought better of it.
I might still do it for a laugh at some stage, oh and to make it easier in carparks, the Prelude doors are huge.

Minch
07-02-2007, 12:34 PM
I just have one question: WHY?

simonprelude
07-02-2007, 02:55 PM
Completely cosmetic change for some people, can be easier for garaging a car though if space is tight :) It looks, different also.

I just have one question: WHY?

mutley
07-02-2007, 03:42 PM
I have to admit I have pondered this many-a-time, I actuall like the veilside kit (please no flak for that, I KNOW what you all think of it) but I can't justify the cost (do like the front lights though). As for Lambo doors, yes they look great on Lambos, and I'm sure are very well build on them, but as an aftermarket thing I'm not sure what the quality /durability would be............and the fact that they open normally first then up.

Now as for the koinesegg (excuse spelling!!) I beleive that's the "raptor" style doors? not sure if that would suit the NSX as the doors are quite long compared to the koinesthingumyjig, but would love to see and then make my judgement. I like the thought of being that little bit different, but not keen on the thought of opening the door and it falling off!

That's my tuppence worth.
Jim

Minch
07-02-2007, 05:15 PM
I must be a bit boring. I just don't see the point in 'kev-ing up' cars on the looks department. Subtle changes yes (I really like what pauls done with his) but the money it costs to do it properly I would rather spend on, for example, a Type R engine and gearbox.

I still want to buy a Mini (original one!) and put a bike engine in it . . . but I want it to look like a standard mini. Get my drift?

Does anybody know how much these Lambo doors cost?

mutley
07-02-2007, 05:26 PM

Does anybody know how much these Lambo doors cost?

If you look on the website www.lsd-doors.com ( I can't get lsd-door.co.uk to work for some reason, but it does list a UK supplier - K W Automotive UK LTD, Bromley Green Road
GB-TN262EQ Upper Ruckinge, Ashford, Kent, 08709907535
01233732593)
but on there in the application list for Honda, the NSX is NOT listed but for all other Hondas (Civics,CRX, Integra S2k etc) they are around 1400 euro so that's about a grand in UK money.

Jim

Minch
07-02-2007, 05:56 PM
What does that cover though? I mean they are going to have to 'interfere' with the hinge point so that willcost quite a bit I imagine. I can see it being mega money by the time you've finished.

PS . . . gotta do this to my Smart car first any how

http://racegarden.com/video-show.html?video_id=93

mutley
07-02-2007, 06:25 PM
What does that cover though? I mean they arew going to have to 'interfere' with the hinge point so that willcost quite a bit I imagine. I just can't see it being mega money by the time you've finished.

PS . . . gotta do this to my Smart car first any how

http://racegarden.com/video-show.html?video_id=93

Apparently as stated on the LSD site, the new hinges fit in exactly where the original ones are, but it does mention that some cars need a little bit of body work adjustment to accomodate. I wouldn't call this a DIY job, and at least if you get a company to fit it all then if/when it goes tits-up, you'll have some sort of comeback.

Jim

mutley
07-02-2007, 10:33 PM
Just found this ( I think Matt is right, I DO have a knack of finding stuff) just to show that they are on the market, about $2400, so that's about £1200.

mutley
07-02-2007, 10:34 PM
And another one!

britlude
07-02-2007, 11:16 PM
the only problem i see with many of the lambo door kits (there are a very few which avoid it) is that they don't actually get the door out of the way enough to get in and out of the car without being a contortionist... ie. the first pic of the red car, door at about 45 degrees... the bottom front corner is still in the way.

there are some kits out there that do lift the door alot further, making it more practical for getting in and out, but then you have the problem of not being able to reach the damn things once you are sitting in the seat!!!

anyway... try here...http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77725&highlight=lambo+doors

mutley
07-02-2007, 11:35 PM
Initially I thought it would be nice to have these doors, but as you say, doesn't leave much room to get in and out...................Don't look as good as I first thought they would either, but I suppose seeing pics and seeing in the flesh maybe 2 different things.

Jim

mutley
08-02-2007, 01:48 PM
I have recently been in touch with a UK based company who are in the process of developing doors a la Koenigsegg (sp?). These appear to be stirdier and open fully vertically. It's not my cup of tea but to each their own.

Dan

Dan,

If you ever get any images of these doors, can you post please.......would like to see just out of morbid curiosity more than anything else.

Jim