PDA

View Full Version : Mats

Ferris Bueller
02-02-2007, 11:36 PM
How's this for a mundane first topic?!

The previous owner of my car has kept it absolutely spotless. To continue in the same way, I've been trying to find some decent floor mats. I can find plenty of nasty chavesque ones, anyone know of a source of decent quality ones please?

AR
02-02-2007, 11:48 PM
Honda, there is no substitute! They are dear @ £ 250.00 but worth it!

Cheers,

AR

DAVEMAT
03-02-2007, 07:25 AM
I got a set From Dan @ DTA Motorsport, very happy with them, good quality, you can have the NSX logo in any colour you like to match your car, and very reasonably priced.

Ferris Bueller
03-02-2007, 10:53 AM
I got a set From Dan @ DTA Motorsport, very happy with them, good quality, you can have the NSX logo in any colour you like to match your car, and very reasonably priced.

Do you have a link please?

DAVEMAT
03-02-2007, 11:30 AM
Take a look at NSXCB Vendors

AR
03-02-2007, 11:48 AM
I saw the DTA mats in Ivor's car ( Flinty's ) and they are nice for the price, but the Honda ones are better IMO.

Cheers,

AR

nigel
05-02-2007, 03:22 PM
Check with Ray Laks Acura in the US. 1-888-RAY-LAKS, ask for J.R. The pound is 1.96 to 1. He may be able to get RHD mats, genuine Honda. They are $89. US, thats 45 quid plus shiping.

Cheers
nigel

Lankstarr
05-02-2007, 03:26 PM
If chasing theis US contact up comes up trumps for RHD mats then maybe a group buy would be in order to save on the shipping costs... If we got enough intereted then maybe this guy would order some RHD one especially. Unless their Honda mats are made in the US and not imported.

mutley
05-02-2007, 03:26 PM
Honda, there is no substitute! They are dear @ £ 250.00 but worth it!

Cheers,

AR

Ary,

I'm surew they are very nice, but that's a hell of a price for a couple of mats!!!

How much are the DTA motorsport ones?

Jim

NSXGB
05-02-2007, 05:04 PM
Jim, I think the DTA ones were around half of what the Honda ones are.

I was told by my Honda dealer that they could no longer get floor mats for the NSX.....lying brstewards. :confused:

WhyOne?
05-02-2007, 05:12 PM
I have a couple of used (grey) OEM mats kicking about - they are very sturdy mats (studded rubber base, carpet top), and whilst showing some signs of wear, are perfectly servicable -especially if given a jolly good going over with an Aquavac or similar!) anyone interested in these please feel free make an offer! Probably not cheap to ship, so someone closeish or going to Japfest would be preferable.

NSX 2000
05-02-2007, 10:21 PM
If chasing theis US contact up comes up trumps for RHD mats then maybe a group buy would be in order to save on the shipping costs... If we got enough intereted then maybe this guy would order some RHD one especially. Unless their Honda mats are made in the US and not imported.

I'm up for a group buy if the above is possible.

NSX 2000
05-02-2007, 10:21 PM
I have a couple of used (grey) OEM mats kicking about - they are very sturdy mats (studded rubber base, carpet top), and whilst showing some signs of wear, are perfectly servicable -especially if given a jolly good going over with an Aquavac or similar!) anyone interested in these please feel free make an offer! Probably not cheap to ship, so someone closeish or going to Japfest would be preferable.

Could be intrested if no go on the group bye.

Rob_Fenn
06-02-2007, 05:24 PM
Justmatz is one of the 'chavvy' online build-your-own ones... but you don't have to have logos etc.

mutley
06-02-2007, 05:59 PM
You could always try www.car-mats.co.uk

I've not seen there work but you can pretty much custom build your own mats, just enter make and model (i've checked and the NSX is there) with colour, edging, motif, heel plates etc.

Just a thought

Jim

TheQuietOne
06-02-2007, 06:40 PM
I have a set of DTA mats, excellent quality and finish - and fit is A1, mine have been in my car for the last 25,000 miles and look as good as new with a clear. The fact you can colour co-ordinate them is nice too. I agree with Jim, to justify £250 car mats you have to have very deep pockets!

HTH, Matt.

nigel
06-02-2007, 08:52 PM
Again, check with Ray Laks Acura, 1-888-RAY-LAKS, in the US, ask for JR. Someone has made an inquiry with him about mats and a clutch kit and he told me he needs a UK RHD parts book for RHD specific parts. He can't get his hand on one at this time but he is trying. With the part numbers he should be able to get most any part as they are an authorized Acura dealer. The mats are $89 US and the clutch kit is well over half the cost it is in the UK and it is the same part there as it is on the LHD.

Cheers
nigel

DTA-Motorsport
07-02-2007, 02:06 AM
Our UK based supplier can customise NSX car mats to your exact specification. You have a choice of mat base colour, binding colour, heel plate in fabric or metal, logo, etc, etc. Price wise you're looking at around £110 plus £8 delivery (price has come down slightly from last batch we had made). The quality is excellent and they come with a 1 year replacement guarantee (we can not offer a money back guarantee on custom made items). I can organise a GB which may bring the price down somewhat and if you can wait til JapFest you can pick them up at the show (ie no postage costs). Would need a minimum of 5 orders though ... Please contact me on 07044 016586 to discuss.

Cheers,

Dan

98NSX-T
08-02-2007, 04:37 PM
Just a reminder, we offer RHD with the same specifications and lifetime warranty as in the US; and have posted on these forums before. Our price - shipping is extra:

Set of regular RHD Floor Mat: $145
Trunk Mat : $135 - same as above

We have actually made one with Type R specification/customized logo as well - the Type R is 0.5" wider than the OEM. The Type R mats we offer is not a looped/Berber pile but the same as regular floor mats. Same price as the RHD mats.

The grommets are not necessary and we have been unable to find one in the same size as the OEM; but we offer our larger grommets as an option for $5 per mat.

DaliRacing should have both RHD/Type-R soon for display. And our iTrader rating on NSXPrime speaks for itself.

HTH

Ferris Bueller
08-02-2007, 08:25 PM
Group buy then?

Ferris Bueller
13-02-2007, 06:46 PM
Bump.

Anyone else interested in a group buy on mats?

98NSX-T
16-02-2007, 07:43 PM
Just a reminder, we offer RHD with the same specifications and lifetime warranty as in the US; and have posted on these forums before. Our price - shipping is extra:

Set of regular RHD Floor Mat: $145
Trunk Mat : $135 - same as above

We have actually made one with Type R specification/customized logo as well - the Type R is 0.5" wider than the OEM. The Type R mats we offer is not a looped/Berber pile but the same as regular floor mats. Same price as the RHD mats.

The grommets are not necessary and we have been unable to find one in the same size as the OEM; but we offer our larger grommets as an option for $5 per mat.

DaliRacing should have both RHD/Type-R soon for display. And our iTrader rating on NSXPrime speaks for itself.

HTH

Here are pictures of the RHD mats displayed at DaliRacing. The black/red combo, or any other color combo that we stock:
http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=2173

And the NSX-R logo, but the posted price is not correct, it should be $145 and Mark will correct it when he gets to it. Again you can have the logo on any color of mats that we carry (including red):
http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=2175

The backing can be foam or nibbed rubber; your choice and there is no difference in pricing between the two. HTH.

Ferris Bueller
24-02-2007, 02:48 PM
Our UK based supplier can customise NSX car mats to your exact specification. You have a choice of mat base colour, binding colour, heel plate in fabric or metal, logo, etc, etc. Price wise you're looking at around £110 plus £8 delivery (price has come down slightly from last batch we had made). The quality is excellent and they come with a 1 year replacement guarantee (we can not offer a money back guarantee on custom made items). I can organise a GB which may bring the price down somewhat and if you can wait til JapFest you can pick them up at the show (ie no postage costs). Would need a minimum of 5 orders though ... Please contact me on 07044 016586 to discuss.

Cheers,

Dan

Has anyone put their names down for a GB on these?

Ferris Bueller
24-02-2007, 02:49 PM
Here are pictures of the RHD mats displayed at DaliRacing. The black/red combo, or any other color combo that we stock:
http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=2173

And the NSX-R logo, but the posted price is not correct, it should be $145 and Mark will correct it when he gets to it. Again you can have the logo on any color of mats that we carry (including red):
http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=2175

The backing can be foam or nibbed rubber; your choice and there is no difference in pricing between the two. HTH.

Hi, what's the charge for shipping?

98NSX-T
24-02-2007, 06:13 PM
The box with mats shipped weighs "about" 8lbs depending on moisture content in the air.

Using US Postal service (no insurance) to GB, the costs for various service options are: http://ircalc.usps.gov/intl_speed.asp?CID=10150&MailType=package&Pounds=8&Ounces=0

It takes about 10 days to customize orders ready for shipping.

NSXGB
24-02-2007, 10:46 PM
The box with mats shipped weighs "about" 8lbs depending on moisture content in the air.

Using US Postal service (no insurance) to GB, the costs for various service options are: http://ircalc.usps.gov/intl_speed.asp?CID=10150&MailType=package&Pounds=8&Ounces=0

It takes about 10 days to customize orders ready for shipping.

Same price shipped for the rubber backed and foam backed? Is black with red logo the only option?

98NSX-T
24-02-2007, 11:49 PM
Same price shipped for the rubber backed and foam backed? Is black with red logo the only option?

Yes same price - 90% of the orders through me are for foam, while DaliRacing seems to sell equal orders of each backing.

You can customize with any color of mat that we stock, and with any color of thread that we carry for embroidery. The most popular floor mat colors for the NSX in the US are black, gray (different shades from charcoal to light gray), red (at least two shades and burgundy), and tan. We also have different shades of blue. The border colors are limited to the color of mats we stock and not the embroidery colors as the yarn used is different. There are over 1500 embroidery colors and the threads used are Madeira - a polyneon made in Germany. HTH.