PDA

View Full Version : alignment of front panels

mutley
01-02-2007, 12:33 PM
HI All,

Now here's one for you. The front bumper on my car is a little "of" (no doubt but the prang it had before I bought it), the bonnet isn't quite right either (slightly high one side low the other) and the headlight covers aren't quite flush either.
Has anyone got any knowledge of this kind of thing? I've looked in the manual and it doesn't seem that difficult, but I wouldn't mind hearing from someone who's had to do this.

(need to have it looking a bit better for Japfest so that I don't ge a bollocking for not looking after it properly)

Cheers

Jim

reg
01-02-2007, 12:51 PM
Not knowing NSX panels but after working on crashed cars in general check the mounting brackets and how it is fitted. The lights I am pretty sure will have a frame/fixing that could be tweaked from an impact. If it is bolt on stuf and the brackets are a bit skewed then you could slot mounting holes with a dremel?

I gues it depends if the bonnet is straight or the error is in the mountings? BTW check on fleabay, there is a Honda dealership that is closing down and it has a s/h bonnet and rear quarter panel for sale.

HTH

HI All,

Now here's one for you. The front bumper on my car is a little "of" (no doubt but the prang it had before I bought it), the bonnet isn't quite right either (slightly high one side low the other) and the headlight covers aren't quite flush either.
Has anyone got any knowledge of this kind of thing? I've looked in the manual and it doesn't seem that difficult, but I wouldn't mind hearing from someone who's had to do this.

(need to have it looking a bit better for Japfest so that I don't ge a bollocking for not looking after it properly)

Cheers

Jim

mutley
01-02-2007, 02:09 PM
HI Reg,

Cheers for that, I think that reading from the manual that the bonnet, bumper and headlight covers are all adjustable via slotted bolt holes, so I suppose its just a matter of loosening these bolts, lining up the panels and then tightening the bolts?
Shouldn't be too hard, but I'm just a little worried that I'll not get it looking right.
I'll stick a pic on later to show you what I mean.

Cheers

Jim