PDA

View Full Version : RE: Dali Racing

ctrlaltdelboy
30-08-2004, 09:44 PM
following the dicussion between Ivor and myself on Dali Racing recently, I thought you might be interested in a couple of threads that have been going on on NSX Prime recently.

first this one http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39598 which was closed by Admin following my post

then this one http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=346564 where a bunch of Dali haters tear me apart for not sharing their views

have fun and thank your lucky stars that our club is so much nicer to be in than theirs.

Kevin
31-08-2004, 06:50 AM
OK. I've read Darren's post, along with numerous others over the years about DaliRacing. I have not said anything in the past about vendors, but I feel it may be time to do so. I have a personal friendship with Mark at Dali, and so have felt reluctant to enter into these debates.

First of all I think some of the arguements detract from the friendly nature that the club is trying to promote.

Secondly I just can't explain why some people feel they have good experiences with Dali, and some don't. I think we should accept this, as being the only fact here and leave it at that.

Thirdly, there has been a brief discussion between some of the 'founder members' of the NSXCB that the NSXCB should not promote Dali. There has not been a public annoucement of a 'club view' of vendors, as there is no such thing as a formal club committee, it is hard to publish an 'official' view on these things. However, for the benefit of new NSX owners some information needs to be distributed.

My proposal for a 'club view' is this: "The NSXCB does not recommend ANY vendor that sells aftermarket parts. The opinions expressed on the NSXCB website (forum) are those of the individuals posting only. The NSXCB website does LIST some vendors, but these should not be taken as recommendations. Any person deciding to purchase from these vendors should do their own research, and make up their own mind as to whether to proceed."

The NSXCB does not recieve any revenue from vendors, advertising or otherwise so remains neutral in these matters.

Welshman
31-08-2004, 12:45 PM
Kevin

I think that's a sound policy. Far better for people to make up their own minds without any appearance of an endorsement from the NSXGB.