PDA

View Full Version : Climate control unit not working properly

madras
30-01-2007, 10:40 AM
Hi,

Does anyone actualy know what needs to be fixed on the circuit board, or what breaks. I know SoS and nsxe-repair can repair them, but they charge upto $450 and I don't want to be without anything in the car.

It seems to work intermittently, sometimes fine, sometimes not hot air, sometimes no cold air. Does anyone i the UK know how to fix them?

many thanks.

gsuds
30-01-2007, 11:34 AM
Having similar problems - heater & aircon work OK when set to extremes but rather pot luck at fine settings. Going to ask my dealer about it at 90K service in next week or two, will post result.

WhyOne?
30-01-2007, 11:41 AM
Having similar problems - heater & aircon work OK when set to extremes but rather pot luck at fine settings. Going to ask my dealer about it at 90K service in next week or two, will post result.

I predict a sharp intake of breath through clentched teeth followed by some 'tut-tutting'!!!!!

britlude
30-01-2007, 06:54 PM
the guy on NSXprime who does the speaker amp repair does the aircon controllers too... he sometimes lists on ebay.com

britlude
30-01-2007, 08:33 PM
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75087&highlight=air+con+repair

NSXGB
30-01-2007, 08:33 PM
....a well documented 'known' problem with the solution detailed well on Prime and this forum. If you are any good at soldering you can fix this problem for a couple of quid (replacing a handful of transistors), otherwise pay someone to do it, probably costing £30-50.

britlude
30-01-2007, 08:46 PM
found it! http://nsxe-repair.com/

madras
30-01-2007, 09:32 PM
....a well documented 'known' problem with the solution detailed well on Prime and this forum. If you are any good at soldering you can fix this problem for a couple of quid (replacing a handful of transistors), otherwise pay someone to do it, probably costing £30-50.

Hi,

Like I said I've already located the documented problem and know that SoS and erepair can fix it. where is it documented how to fix it yourself? Or is there anyone in the UK that can fix them?

Thanks.

NSXGB
30-01-2007, 10:24 PM
Hi,

Like I said I've already located the documented problem and know that SoS and erepair can fix it. where is it documented how to fix it yourself? Or is there anyone in the UK that can fix them?

Thanks.

You'll have to search on Prime for the DIY fix info. I had a quick look and could not find it but it should be there. There is a comprehensive photo guide to help you and a list of the parts you need.

NSXGB
30-01-2007, 10:30 PM
Try these:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=20134
http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?p=1502#post1502

stewart
31-01-2007, 12:03 AM
Buy the capacitors as indicated on the lists. (plenty of threads on NSX Prime) Remove the unit as described in the workshop manual.

Examine the board (both sides) in good light and check for goo oozing from the small black capacitors. The electrolytic action can corrode the printed circuit solder/copper and you may need to solder a bridge of insulated wire across any track breaks.

Replace all the capacitors, or just the obviously leaking ones, and any missing track. Plug it in and test it before full re-assembly of dash.

If you have not used a soldering iron before it may be best left to someone who has. This is perhaps not the place to practice.

nigel
31-01-2007, 04:16 PM
Per a posting here a few weeks ago, go to NSXPrime and look up Brian K or search speaker or AC controllers. He will fix the units as well as your speaker amps for good. The earlier NSX AC controllers all go off as well as the amps that are located in the doors where the speakers are. Except the centre one. It is located in the floor below the passengers feet in the sub box. He has posted instructions how to remove these units as well as photos. They are real simple to follow and have great photos. He repairs the AC controllers for 195.00 US, thats less than 100 pounds. Speaker amps are 75.00 US ea. Do all three at once because they will all go off. They will never go off again. Check the price of new replacement parts and you will be gob smacked and contact him straight away.

Cheers
nigel