PDA

View Full Version : Web Site Discussion

Kevin
29-08-2004, 07:54 PM
Now that I'm back I can answer a few points raised in the topic 'Front Page Problem'.

First some history. When I did a website for the NSXCB ages ago (before this one), it was HTML based. It didn't get updated often, and in my own opinion wasn't up to much. I don't think many poeple visited it.

This version uses a forum as the content management system. I threw the site together quickly to coincide with an event, or a magazine article, I can't remember exactly now.

The big problem with a website is devoting the time to it. I did plan on adding more info and history of the car at some point. Usually I do web stuff in the winter, as there isn't enough time in the summer to do all the things I need to.

I also want to keep the site simple to use, not everyone here works in IT. I have been playing with other content management systems and I hope to convert the site to use one. This should allow content to be displayed in more ways than just the forum.

The site is all about content. Whizzy HTML means nothing if the content is stale.

After the forum went live, I wanted to see how popular it became. After some initial hiccups, it seems now that the forums have enough momentum to keep going, and we have enough members to make it worthwhile putting more effort into the site. Remember though this is a car club not an IT club, and the focus should be on the car / events etc.

If people want info displayed, or want to write articles let me know. Send me info on the history of the NSX and I shall start to compile it into something.

If anyone wants to help they only have to get in touch.